Hanae Mori Magical Moon Bath and Shower Gel

No Image

1 review

on 8/25/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is heavenly in a steamy shower. If you love Magical Moon perfume, you really should try this. It has all the notes the perfume has, but the sandalwood is amplified significantly. I find it's equally calming/relaxing after a long day or stressful event, and uplifting in the morning shower.

The gel is clear and medium viscosity, not too thin or thick. I would have preferred a pump bottle to a tube, just because I'm a klutz, but it's workable and hasn't leaked or broken any of the times I've dropped it. A little goes a long way with a scrubby glove or loofa. I use a pea sized squirt for each section of my body, with a total of approximately 1-1.5 tablespoons per shower. I have fairly sensitive skin, and it hasn't caused any irritation, to date. It cleans well and rinses easily. It layers well with most of my perfumes and lotions, since the sandalwood and vanilla are the main notes that stick around after drying off.

I haven't tried this as a bubble bath, yet, but it produces a decent amount of foam, so it may work in that application. I think I'd enjoy it even if it doesn't create a true "bubble bath," just because of the aromatherapy properties... will update if I try.

Because it's so affordable, I've already repurchased several times, and will continue as long as it's available. I usually pick them up at TJ Maxx or Marshall's (or Ebay if they're both out), and have paid anywhere from $7.99-25.00 per 5 oz tube... and it's totally worth any price within that range, in my opinion.