Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

2.9

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 11/21/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in India a few months ago, Maybelline has definitely disappointed its customers with this product. I feel it is no better that a BB or CC cream , in fact those products might be better than Maybelline dream satin foundation. for 700 Rs it is a huge disappointment on all levels : not many shades for indian skin( they all have pink undertones which gives ashy finish) , low coverage , low staying power, leaves patches on the skin if not blended well or if skin it not well moisturized, makes the skin ashy tone and dull after it oxidizes .
I really advise that you test it in a counter first before purchasing : as in try it on your face yourself, dont let the sales girls do it, then leave ...observe how the foundation responds to your skin throughout the day and if you are really happy with the result , you can buy it the next day . Hope this helps . Also dont be fooled by the reviews on youtube, My cousin sent me sample of the same product from the US, it is like a totally different product guys !!! the texture is different, the coverage is different the US and UK version is good , but we get a different one in India.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

A great everyday, affordable foundation. It leaves my skin looking extremely natural and airbrushed. However i feel as if you do have to layer it up enough to give it coverage and effect, but at the end my skin does look great (no blemishes, spots etc)

deffo worth a try we all have different skin types, works well for me...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

this foundation claims to give a pore less and airbrushed finish. I believe this is true as it blends nicely into the skin without being cakey or clinging to pores like other reviewers suggest. it finish is very natural yet it has good coverage

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My first impression of this liquid foundation wasn't the best compared to the mousse one mainly because I felt it looked cakey on me. However, I did learn how to make it look more natural which is to use only a pump of this product on my imperfections and such and then dab the excess of by a paper. Personally I feel like it looks better as it wears off, because it gives off a healthy satin shine on your face, but in no means oily.
I love how much product it has, so I don't have to really worry of buying a new foundation after few weeks and this one has last already for over half year, but then again it can be really too much. It's alright, but I wouldn't buy it again because I'm not a fan of liquid foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Really good coverage but again the issue with Maybeline is that it's not cruelty-free. I also hate how I can't find a pale olive colour so I ended up with either an orange face or a pink face. Not great but stays on pretty well and definitely does the job of hiding any imperfections.

on 10/13/2012 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

First I really enjoyed this product. But after a while I noticed that it left my skin looking very uneven/blouchty and flakey at some parts. I found it quite hard to blend in nicely with my stippling brush. The coulor selection wasn't too good either, unfortunately. Overall not very impressed with this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This foundation made me break out like mad! Definitely donít think it is for oily/combination skin.. I think my skin has its own mind and pretty much will not allow me to try cheap crap!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a few weeks ago as I had run out of my usual foundation (MAC select SPF15) and needed a cheap one as I didn't have time to make to 20 minute journey to my MAC counter. This one caught my eye as it was one of the only foundations which actually had my skin colour and was relatively cheap aswell (I £6.17 i think in superdrugs)
Overall, it is a good foundation and there is no over powering scent, it lasts for about 8 hours which is fine by me and provides a medium coverage. Also it comes with a pump which is hygienic and good for travelling. My main problem with this is that it does not blend 'to give the airbrushed look' as promised and can end up looking streaky if I do nt blend it in properly
Other than that it's a good foundation but I doubt I will repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

the name of this foundation fits perfectly. dreamy satin finish. looks airbrushed, creamy and dewy on the skin. i would say this is full coverage foundation, but still manages to look natural.

a con would be the lasting power as it does seem to melt off if its not been set properly. i would recommend using a good mattifying primer underneath to counteract any shine and to help it sit better on the skin.
one more thing would be the range of colours, i am anything between nw35-nc44/bobbi brown honey and i use sun beige 048 which does look a bit ashy so i sheer it out with mac strobe cream or a lotion.considering buying the darkest shade to mix my perfect shade but i dont think that you should have to do that. will repurchase and would love it if it came in other colours!

on 11/20/2010 2:24:00 PM

Really pleased with this foundation. I've been using Revlon ColorStay and even though it's great, i was looking for a less coverage foundation. This was the perfect find. It stays on all day and it gives you a really dewy look without being too oily.
The fact that it as a pump is a HUGE plus!