Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.5

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 12/1/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation offers medium coverage. Despite the fact that it is not a longwear foundation, it holds up well throughout the day, it doesn't cake or seperate. Makes my skin looks fresh and it is lightweight on skin. Also very easy to apply and blend :)

on 10/8/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted to try this, but ingredients had changed-- they added Ethylhexyl palmitate which is pretty comedogenic and the shades run darker than norm. Pass.

Love this foundation.

Finding a yellow undertoned foundation is difficult in drugstores, and this is one of the only ones I have found. (I use shade 21 Nude). I swatched other shades and found they were very pink based so there appears to be a wide range of shades and undertones.

It gives the skin a natural, healthy coverage and finish. As the name states, you are left with a satin finish that looks like a second skin. I don't apply much however I still achieve a good medium coverage, and you can build it up without running the risk of a cakey finish.

Stays on for many hours, even though I only set the areas under my eyes and under my cheekbones.

on 8/4/2017 4:51:00 AM

I have a really oily t-zone and its makes my skin look fresh all day.i do my makeup at 7:30 am and i reach home at 7 pm with this foundation i don't need touch up,i use colorense primer as a base & i apply my foundation & i apply revlon concelar & i use johnson's baby powder for baking. this is the best foundation i have ever used,i use Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in shade 01,i am done with my first purchase and m going to buy another one.this is the best foundation who have oily t-zone.

on 5/11/2017 12:50:00 PM

I've always liked foundations from Maybelline, I prefer them over L'Oreal and Revlon.

This foundation has a very lovely finish, it is a medium coverage and the consistency is very smooth and creamy, very easy to apply and blend. However, like many have already stated in here, I do feel the foundation sitting on my face, but it doesn't create any major discomfort. It feels a bit tacky when it is not completely dry.

The longevity of this foundation is great, about 8-10 hours and more depending on the primer.

This is one of the few foundations that I have used up the entire bottle. Would repurchase it again.

Ps. Got complimented for having a nice skin day from other girls when I wore this foundation.

on 5/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Horrible foundation way too sticky and doesn't cover anything.

on 4/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I'm 57 and my skin in dry but with a slightly greasy t zone. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend and looks natural although it gives a very good coverage. It took well on my nose which for some reason has a tendency to repel foundation! I have yellow toned fair skin and got the Ivory and it's perfect. For anyone very fair and with more pink undertones though I could imagine it looking too dark/yellow,

My only criticism is how easily it transfers. I use a good primer and set it with loose powder but it does rub off on things very easily indeed. It lasts fairly well though the weather is cool here at the moment so can't comment on how it would last in the heat. I would by again but not for summer months perhaps.

I had no reaction and I do have sensitive skin. It isn't strongly scented which I like. It even looked ok under my eyes which are starting to get a few fine lines now. It didn't settle into creases or look cakey. And I didn't look like one of the undead which I often do with foundations that match my skin.

This is literally the only foundation I have found that covers my huge pores, red skin and dry patches. It never looks cakey and has a lovely dewy velvety finish and doesn't bring me out in spots or make me super oily. I have a really oily t-zone already and the wear isn't great, I do need to reapply again before I go out in the evening or even more if it's hot but I think a powder would help (I just can't find one that doesn't accentuate my pores and go patchy!) It has a good coverage whilst still looking natural and I've found the perfect way to apply, like many others have said is with a damp beauty blender (just buy a cheap knock off on Amazon)

The surface of my skin is quite damaged from teen acne and too much exfoliation and whenever the people at expensive makeup counters try foundations on me, they go all patchy on those areas, and I'm told it's not the foundation, it's my bad skin care, but dream satin liquid has no problem gliding over the problem areas. 10 Ivory is also one of the only foundations with pinky undertones, most brands only carry colours that are more yellow-y. Whilst I do wish the wear was better, I've found no better foundation even from the most high end brands!

on 4/5/2016 7:25:00 AM

The Liquid Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid was my first ever foundation, I'd been over youtube and plenty of reviews and when I got to boots I was glad to find there was an offer on Maybelline so I managed to get it much cheaper than the original price.

- SHADE
I bought it in 10 Ivory (the lightest possible shade) which at the time seemed like my skin colour. It wasn't until i was half way through my second bottle that my family and sister (who is very good with makeup) pointed out the foundation was very orange on me. Looking back, it was too orange for me and considering my skin is rather fair (not extremely pale) I was annoyed that the lightest shade was way too orange. So if you're pale or light, this probably isn't right for you.

- COVERAGE + CONSISTENCY
I would say that the actual foundation has medium coverage and I was very happy with the coverage on my skin. Although it's a liquid foundation it doesn't feel as watery as many of the foundations I own although It still feels light an natural on skin. It did cling only slightly onto dry patches but otherwise, was nice to my skin and didn't cause spots or breakouts.

- OVERALL
To be honest, I used this foundation for a very long time and was convinced it was amazing but looking back now, the lightest shade was way too orange and that was one of the only problems for me. Otherwise, coverage was good - application was easy and it lasted a decent amount of time although did come off slightly. Only other problem I can say is that you could see bits where my skin was dry.

on 3/25/2016 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is an okay everyday foundation. If you have oily skin like i do, you will not like this. this won't stay on my skin for more than 4 hours. I still use it because I like the healthy glow it gives. It covers the redness on my cheeks and just makes me look flawless. I like the packaging too, very simple, and it has a pump. Everything about this foundation is good except the staying power. I have not owned any foundation that made me oil up so quick but this one.