Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.0

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation offers a decent medium coverage, and an absolutely flawless satin/ slightly dewy finish. It's like blur or photoshop in a bottle. Despite the fact that it's not a longwear foundation, it holds up well throughout the day, it doesn't cake or separate. Sadly, the lightest shade available in Romania (100-ivory) is too dark for me, but I can still use this in the summer if I manage to tan a little.

on 5/23/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So greasy. Coverage is okay but how it makes my skin feels makes it imposible for me to even try to finish the bottle. Clogs my pores and makes my skin feel disgusting. After around 30 minutes to an hour after applying (with powder) feels sticky and itchy, specially around my chin/lower cheeks where i am the oiliest, and I want to take it off. If you have dry skin it might be okay for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I honestly don't know what to say about this foundation other than I HATE IT.
I bought it as it was advertised on Superdrug's website as one of their bestsellers, and since I was looking for a cheaper foundation I gave it a go since it was cheap and seemingly lots of people liked it.
It was hell from the get go: None of the shades suited me, and my local Superdrug didn't have the lightest shade. So I had to go further to try it out. The colour is actually quite nice on my skin.
However, the product is nowhere near the 'poreless perfection' it offers on the bottle. This foundation sets into EVERY SINGLE PORE on my skin and even into wrinkles I didn't even know I had! I use two layers of moisturizer (Let soak into my skin) and it still makes my skin look really flakey too.
I don't know about how long it wears, since the four times I've attempted to use it (I've tried using a foundation brush, stippling brush and beauty blender twice) I've had to wipe it off and use another foundation because it just looks like I have a very bad skin condition.
Overall, give it a miss. Save your money and spend it on a nicer quality foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feels very light on the skin but gives a good amount of coverage. Not drying at all, and it makes my skin look like it's glowing!
Only criticsims are that it can be prone to creasing and oiliness, not too much of an issue for me as my skin doesn't get too oily but something for other people to keep in mind. Also, I have this foundation in what I believe to be the lightest shade (Light Porcelain), but this is still slightly too dark/orangey for my skin when it's at its palest!
Overall, great foundation for quite a low price - definite value for money. I would repurchase and recommend this to others.

on 10/14/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this today as I ran out of my high end foundation. I was at the drugstore and after reading countless reviews on the L'oreal true match, I was planning to buy that to use as my new daily foundation. However, I tried testing the true match and I did not like the consistency (too runny for me), I also read that it doesn't have much coverage so I decided to not buy it.
I came across the Dream Satin skin foundation and it the packaging was very nice (it said full coverage+ will not clog pores), the price wasn't that bad so I decided to buy it.

My daily makeup routine includes
-Moisturize
-Benefit POREfessional
-Japanese bb cream
-go over my blemishes with foundation
-set with powder foundation
My family has been complaining that my makeup looks too cakey so I wanted to go with something more light and fluffy (but still gives full coverage to my skin), after testing at the drug store, the texture of this foundation not runny at all and very air-whipped (as it claimed to be), I decided to purchase it.

After trying it out, I really like it, although it is quite thick when pumped out, it blends really nicely once applied, it was a shock to me as all my other foundatons/concealers are runny therefore coverage is difficult. I pat this foundation into my blemishes (acne+scarring) and blend and swipe on the rest of my place (not problem areas), I finished it with a powder foundation (only on the spots) as the foundation it self has medium-full coverage (not enough to give a flawless look if used alone).

Overall, I really like it so far, the product does not look oily on my face, it looks really skin-like and feels light like I'm not wearing any makeup. The look is also not too cakey (don't apply too much, one pump is enough) and looks really natural and glowy. The packaging is also a plus as I love pumps (hygenic, easy to use, doesn't make a mess). So far, I recommend this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great product imo. I have been using it for years now, and it is the only foundation that doesn't break out my acne-prone skin, I love it! However, I have taken off one lipstick because it does tend to leave me very shiny by the end of the day sometimes, especially on hotter summer days. But overall I would recommend this, as it does the job and if it doesn't work for you, it's really not expensive at 8.19 a bottle. Also, the bottle is a hygienic pump bottle.

I like this foundation, but i dont love it. Full coverage? Um no I dont think so. It lasts about 3 hours and then the redness on my cheeks starts coming back. My cheeks are naturally really red, so I try to keep them covered as best as I can. This foundation isint cakey, and applies nicely, but since I started using it, I noticed that I have been breaking out a bit. So I dont think I will be buying this product again.

I have an oily Tzone and acne prone skin. I bought this because it was on offer and promised to give an airbrushed finish.

When I first put it on, I was very pleased. The colour (Ivory) was a great match for me, the coverage was good and I did look almost flawless. I added a light dusting of Rimmel loose powder on the top and set off to work.

By lunchtime it had all settled into my pores, and was gone from the rest of my face which made me look very odd indeed!Mt face was oiler than usual although it didn't seem to cause breakouts.

I relegated it to the back of the bathroom cabinet but recently purchased MAC prep and prime spf 50 which I love, and thought I would see if that made a difference with this foundation. Unfortunately, the improvement was minimal- it still settled in the pores by lunchtime although not as dramatically as the first time.

It's a shame that this foundation seems to have no lasting power on my skin as it does look lovely straight after application and the price is great. Unfortunately I need something that can get me through a day at work without major touchups throughout the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is quite creamy and provides a dewy finish. I actually quite liked the look it gave me but I have very oily skin and should stick to oil-free matt finish foundations. Suffice to say my skin broke out terribly two days after using this so it is banished to the bottom of my make-up basket! However if you have dry skin and don't necessarily require an oil-free foundation then it might work for you.

on 10/13/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

HUGE BONUS; A pump! Thank god. I love this, perfect amount of coverage and it gives an airbrushed finish that I love. As I mentioned the packaging is great, it makes it a lot easier to get enough product and keep its more clean and sanitized. My only problem was that I got the wrong colour, but that was my problem, and not a fault of this foundation.