Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.4

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 9/11/2018 8:05:00 PM

This is a light foundation, but the coverage for me isn't decent. I use it jus to blend in with my concealer before powder. It is a disappointing buy as it offered no staying power even with a setting spray.
Would prefer a product with fuller coverage in future.

Uuuuuggggh do not even bother if your skin is even the slightest bit dry. Gets all patchy looking. Gross.

on 9/8/2017 6:20:00 AM

I bought this a few months ago on impulse - the colour looked so good and the texture was great on my hand, and it was on offer in the supermarket. I have tried it several times in several ways and I absolutely hate it! It looks perfect wherever I swatch it but is resolutely pale pink when 'blended' (no mean feat, it drags horribly) across my whole face, it renders every pore visible from space and it also manages to look waxy whilst being really drying. And within six hours it's virtually disappeared (a blessed relief but still)no matter what I prime/set with. I would bin it, but what if I want to be Barbara Cartland at hallowe'en?

on 8/4/2017 4:51:00 AM

I have a really oily t-zone and its makes my skin look fresh all day.i do my makeup at 7:30 am and i reach home at 7 pm with this foundation i don't need touch up,i use colorense primer as a base & i apply my foundation & i apply revlon concelar & i use johnson's baby powder for baking. this is the best foundation i have ever used,i use Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in shade 01,i am done with my first purchase and m going to buy another one.this is the best foundation who have oily t-zone.

on 5/11/2017 12:50:00 PM

I've always liked foundations from Maybelline, I prefer them over L'Oreal and Revlon.

This foundation has a very lovely finish, it is a medium coverage and the consistency is very smooth and creamy, very easy to apply and blend. However, like many have already stated in here, I do feel the foundation sitting on my face, but it doesn't create any major discomfort. It feels a bit tacky when it is not completely dry.

The longevity of this foundation is great, about 8-10 hours and more depending on the primer.

This is one of the few foundations that I have used up the entire bottle. Would repurchase it again.

Ps. Got complimented for having a nice skin day from other girls when I wore this foundation.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm acne prone and combination skin. The best problem I ever have to choose make up product is acne and comedo. Last year I've tried foundation, I'm breaking out and acne never gone from my face and I'm suffering. But I can't fully ignore make up, as dancer I still need foundation and I tried this one. The price is enough affordable for me, and suprisingly it's not irritate my skin. I don't get flaky or dry patches and it's not stiky too when I touched my face. For me it's quite good for my acne. It's not healed the acne but I thanks this foundation isn't make it worse. But it's not the holygrail I think, the coverage and the staying power is still not impressed me. But I hope maybeline can produce better foundation.

on 7/11/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This used to be my HG foundation. First off, I love the finish, especially when I blend it using a buffing brush or Real Techniques expert face brush in circular motions, it just gives such a wonderful and unique finish -- my face literally looked satin-y. Not demi-matte, not dewy -- satin-y. Which is really cool because I haven't seen this kind finish from any other foundation I've tried. The coverage is great too. It was a medium coverage, off the bat, and can be built up on areas where I need more coverage. As to color match, I think I found mine in the shade B5 which has a more yellow undertone (I first tried a darker shade, PO3, I think, and that has a cooler undertone so I guess Maybelline did take undertones into consideration for this line of foundation). Oh, for reference I'm an NC40 match in the MAC Studio Fix line, however, I go for NC37 because I am extremely acidic. As for pore coverage, I think it does well in that aspect. It does not completely blur out the pores, but I somehow see I reduction in pore size whenever I use this, which is great.

However, there are two (2) CONS for me here:

The first CON, which is kind of big for me, is ..... it's quite uncomfortable to wear. Whenever I wear this foundation, it weighs on me, like, I can tell I have something heavy on. I guess that's the trade-off for a high-coverage foundation? I 'm not sure. Plus, during the first 20 mins of wear, I can feel my skin heating up, literally. It bothers me a lot that's why I'm still on the fence if I would repurchase.

The second CON, which isn't really that bothersome, is that, it transfers easily. It stays on better if I put a primer underneath and set it with powder. Which is why it doesn't bother me much.

Nevertheless, if that first CON does not bother you at all, I would totally recommend it. It has great finish, great coverage, great color selection, does not cling to dry patches. What more could you ask?

This is literally the only foundation I have found that covers my huge pores, red skin and dry patches. It never looks cakey and has a lovely dewy velvety finish and doesn't bring me out in spots or make me super oily. I have a really oily t-zone already and the wear isn't great, I do need to reapply again before I go out in the evening or even more if it's hot but I think a powder would help (I just can't find one that doesn't accentuate my pores and go patchy!) It has a good coverage whilst still looking natural and I've found the perfect way to apply, like many others have said is with a damp beauty blender (just buy a cheap knock off on Amazon)

The surface of my skin is quite damaged from teen acne and too much exfoliation and whenever the people at expensive makeup counters try foundations on me, they go all patchy on those areas, and I'm told it's not the foundation, it's my bad skin care, but dream satin liquid has no problem gliding over the problem areas. 10 Ivory is also one of the only foundations with pinky undertones, most brands only carry colours that are more yellow-y. Whilst I do wish the wear was better, I've found no better foundation even from the most high end brands!

on 4/1/2016 8:08:00 AM

It looks great on my combo skin alone, but even better when mixed with garnier bb cream for oily skin. I give it 4 lippies due to average staying power.

I dunno why but the name of the foundation on my bottle says 'Dream Satin skin' not 'Dream Satin Liquid' ...but its the same product.

OK this foundation is lovely. My first impression of it was that the bottle is pretty small, but its my first ever foundation soo it doesnt matter. I got it on discount for $5. And the regular price is much higher.

About the formula, its like a thick liquid, texture is like mousse. The most important part that could make or break your result is APPLICATION. The first time I used it, I applied it with my hand. It wasted too much product and I looked a little cakey. Recently I used a knockoff beautyblender dampened, and guess what? It looked FLAWLESS. Not even kidding, I've never seen my face look so un-cakey and flawless. I got it in the shade B2 and it gave me a beautiful skin like finish. I didn't even need to set it, because it set itself.

So if you're about to buy this product, get yourself a beauty blender as well!