Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.6

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

This foundation is on the pricey side, however I think it's worth it. It creases a bit on my nose however a little powder works just fine with it. The coverage is medium, it's easily build-able. The packaging has a pump which makes it very easy to apply and use. I apply it with a damp beauty blender or a flat foundation brush and it blends really easily and quick. It doesn't dry out my skin and it doesn't stick to my pores. It's a really good foundation however I think that it wouldn't work too well with people with oily or really dry skin as it would cake a bit.

on 5/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Horrible foundation way too sticky and doesn't cover anything.

on 4/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I'm 57 and my skin in dry but with a slightly greasy t zone. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend and looks natural although it gives a very good coverage. It took well on my nose which for some reason has a tendency to repel foundation! I have yellow toned fair skin and got the Ivory and it's perfect. For anyone very fair and with more pink undertones though I could imagine it looking too dark/yellow,

My only criticism is how easily it transfers. I use a good primer and set it with loose powder but it does rub off on things very easily indeed. It lasts fairly well though the weather is cool here at the moment so can't comment on how it would last in the heat. I would by again but not for summer months perhaps.

I had no reaction and I do have sensitive skin. It isn't strongly scented which I like. It even looked ok under my eyes which are starting to get a few fine lines now. It didn't settle into creases or look cakey. And I didn't look like one of the undead which I often do with foundations that match my skin.

on 9/21/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my very first foundation I ever bought and it's the worst.
I have dry skin in summer and very dry skin in winter so this foundation doesn't work with my skin whatsoever.
it's very thick and heavy on the skin like it warms my face in winter!
it clings to all my dry areas on my face a.k.a my T zone
always looks cakey even when applying with a beauty blender.
it transfers to everything and I have to set it with tons of powder.
dry skin+ thick & heavey foundation + tons of powder= a whole platter of panckaes!!!
it looks very good on people with oily skin (I tried it on my sister and she looked flawless)

so if you are dry don't buy it

on 4/5/2016 7:25:00 AM

The Liquid Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid was my first ever foundation, I'd been over youtube and plenty of reviews and when I got to boots I was glad to find there was an offer on Maybelline so I managed to get it much cheaper than the original price.

- SHADE
I bought it in 10 Ivory (the lightest possible shade) which at the time seemed like my skin colour. It wasn't until i was half way through my second bottle that my family and sister (who is very good with makeup) pointed out the foundation was very orange on me. Looking back, it was too orange for me and considering my skin is rather fair (not extremely pale) I was annoyed that the lightest shade was way too orange. So if you're pale or light, this probably isn't right for you.

- COVERAGE + CONSISTENCY
I would say that the actual foundation has medium coverage and I was very happy with the coverage on my skin. Although it's a liquid foundation it doesn't feel as watery as many of the foundations I own although It still feels light an natural on skin. It did cling only slightly onto dry patches but otherwise, was nice to my skin and didn't cause spots or breakouts.

- OVERALL
To be honest, I used this foundation for a very long time and was convinced it was amazing but looking back now, the lightest shade was way too orange and that was one of the only problems for me. Otherwise, coverage was good - application was easy and it lasted a decent amount of time although did come off slightly. Only other problem I can say is that you could see bits where my skin was dry.

on 7/27/2015 10:40:00 AM

I have been using this product for 2 years now. I alternate with high-end foundations (Bobby Brown, Make Up Forever or Clinique) but somehow I always find my way back to this one. It has medium coverage, you can barely see it on your face and is also gives a fresh look. It's cheap, the package makes it easy to use, but you cannot use the liquid at the bottom when you run out of it.
Overall, the foundation really suits my skin. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because of the packaging.

This is my first review on MUA, I felt that I need to add it, as a lot of reviews on this product are negative. I've been searching for a good and affordable liquid foundation for a long time. I've probably tried every drugstore foundation there is by now :). My skin has been very dry lately, even though I usually have combination skin. Every foundation seemed to settle into pores and lines, and I ended up looking worse with foundation, than without. Figured I need to start testing the more high end foundations, but then I saw this in the supermarket, and thought why not, lets give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I really don't know how people call this oily?! Oily to me is the True match liquid foundation, which I couldn't wait to wash off.

At first this felt a little bit too thick, and yep, settled into lines and pores. Then I tried to apply it with a makeup brush. What a difference! I only need ONE pump to get my whole face covered in a natural way. Feels good on the face, not oily but not drying either.

The trick with this one is to use VERY little product, and a foundation brush. Don't try the youtube tutorial style, where they slather on half a bottle, it just won't work. I can even use this under my eyes without getting ten years added to my age, as usually happens with other foundations. So it doesn't highlight wrinkles, when used in small amounts.
Reading the reviews, I think this foundation is best on dry skin types. The pump bottle is great, it's hygienic and easy to get out just the amount you need, and the bottle looks nice too.
All in all, will definitely buy this again, this is the best affordable liquid foundation I've found.

This is without a doubt the worst foundation I have ever used. It is way to pink toned so I ended up looking like I'd applied blusher all over my face. It oxidises like crazy and cakes up. It's just awful. Would not recommend this foundation to my worst enemy.

on 1/19/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I Love this foundation!, this is one of the only foundations that actually caters for lighter skin tones , I normally find even ivory can make me look orange especially in the winter months , but Maybelline make the colour Light porcelain , the Price for this foundations is usually around £8 but sometimes Sainsburys/Asda have it half price or Boots and Superdrug have it on a buy 2 get the 3rd free on products so normally i stock up , even without the offers i would recommend, its great if you have dry skin and it would probably work just as good on combo skin also as said before i find the range of colours to be very nice and no horrible orange undertone which most foundations have ,it stays put all day without being to thick on the skin so definitely light enough for everyday use ( with setting powder ) , 10/10 and this is coming from someone who has take years to find my perfect foundation .... P.s the only downfall is that when you start getting to the end of the tube the pump dose not reach the bottom so its best to take that off so you can use every last drop of foundation :)

on 2/7/2013 3:53:00 PM

I originally bought this product in Fawn 40,and then again in Cameo 20, and I found it fairly sticky and oily, which worked fine for my dry skin. The pump is good, however, it does get all over your hands and anything you touch after you've applied it which is really messy and inconvenient.
For me it stayed on well, and worked fine for awhile. I think the trick depends on your skin type; if you have oily or even normal skin, it will slide right off after a couple hours, but if you have dry skin, it will absorb right in and stay for awhile. It gives fairly good coverage but has a pretty sticky and a bit heavy feel to it, which I personally don't like very much.
Overall, worth it if you want a cheap, okay foundation. I would buy it again if I really couldn't find anything better.