Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.4

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 10/8/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted to try this, but ingredients had changed-- they added Ethylhexyl palmitate which is pretty comedogenic and the shades run darker than norm. Pass.

Uuuuuggggh do not even bother if your skin is even the slightest bit dry. Gets all patchy looking. Gross.

on 5/23/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So greasy. Coverage is okay but how it makes my skin feels makes it imposible for me to even try to finish the bottle. Clogs my pores and makes my skin feel disgusting. After around 30 minutes to an hour after applying (with powder) feels sticky and itchy, specially around my chin/lower cheeks where i am the oiliest, and I want to take it off. If you have dry skin it might be okay for you.

on 5/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Horrible foundation way too sticky and doesn't cover anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I honestly don't know what to say about this foundation other than I HATE IT.
I bought it as it was advertised on Superdrug's website as one of their bestsellers, and since I was looking for a cheaper foundation I gave it a go since it was cheap and seemingly lots of people liked it.
It was hell from the get go: None of the shades suited me, and my local Superdrug didn't have the lightest shade. So I had to go further to try it out. The colour is actually quite nice on my skin.
However, the product is nowhere near the 'poreless perfection' it offers on the bottle. This foundation sets into EVERY SINGLE PORE on my skin and even into wrinkles I didn't even know I had! I use two layers of moisturizer (Let soak into my skin) and it still makes my skin look really flakey too.
I don't know about how long it wears, since the four times I've attempted to use it (I've tried using a foundation brush, stippling brush and beauty blender twice) I've had to wipe it off and use another foundation because it just looks like I have a very bad skin condition.
Overall, give it a miss. Save your money and spend it on a nicer quality foundation.

on 11/21/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in India a few months ago, Maybelline has definitely disappointed its customers with this product. I feel it is no better that a BB or CC cream , in fact those products might be better than Maybelline dream satin foundation. for 700 Rs it is a huge disappointment on all levels : not many shades for indian skin( they all have pink undertones which gives ashy finish) , low coverage , low staying power, leaves patches on the skin if not blended well or if skin it not well moisturized, makes the skin ashy tone and dull after it oxidizes .
I really advise that you test it in a counter first before purchasing : as in try it on your face yourself, dont let the sales girls do it, then leave ...observe how the foundation responds to your skin throughout the day and if you are really happy with the result , you can buy it the next day . Hope this helps . Also dont be fooled by the reviews on youtube, My cousin sent me sample of the same product from the US, it is like a totally different product guys !!! the texture is different, the coverage is different the US and UK version is good , but we get a different one in India.

This is without a doubt the worst foundation I have ever used. It is way to pink toned so I ended up looking like I'd applied blusher all over my face. It oxidises like crazy and cakes up. It's just awful. Would not recommend this foundation to my worst enemy.

on 6/9/2014 10:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I used this product for a long time, it was one of the first foundations I ever bought for myself when I started wearing makeup. Now I know more about makeup and what works for my skin I'm surprised I used it for so long!
This foundation is definately one that I would never buy again. The texture is greasy, it feels so sticky and thick on the face, it just clogs up your skin.
I tend to get a few blemishes on my face, but nothing to bad and this didn't cover anything. I'd even say the coverage is like that of a tinted moisturiser i.e no coverage, just puts a colour on your face! Definately only sheer to medium coverage.
I get a little shine on my T-zone and dryness on my cheeks and this foundation somehow managed to make my T-zone look so oily and clung to every dry patch on my face!
I used to wear this foundation on a day-to-day basis, for work/school so I know that it doesn't last at all. I could put it on before I went to work and when I arrived it would already look oily and be fading. I've even tried this with primers to see if it lasts longer, and it doesn't. It also oxidises on the face, it turns orangey and looks patchy and almost muddy and dirty on the skin.
This foundation is also terrible if you want to build layers. It goes on so thick, it looks cakey, like you have inches of foundation on, and it sinks in to every single pore and highlights every blemish! If you want to powder over this product or use blush or bronzer, you'd have to wait a while before using it as it stays sticky and tacky on the skin for a while. It also rubs off so easily, it transfers on clothes and, if I wanted to blot, which I had to because it makes the skin look so oily, the foundation would come off just from blotting.
This foundation comes in a bottle with a pump, which makes it easy to use, but the pump doesnt reach the bottom of the bottle and you get a lot of wasted product when you start to run out.

Overall, I definately wouldn't buy this product again, it's to sticky, to thick, looks orangey, doesn't last and has no coverage. I would only recommend this product if you have completely perfect skin and want your makeup to look shiny and orange!

on 5/26/2014 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Siding with a lot of ladies on here - this foundation is not great. I am very pale and although the match was great for my skin tone, this definitely oxidized by midday and left me with an orange tinge. Very disappointed as the formula is rather lovely. Will definitely not repurchase or continue using.

on 10/6/2013 12:50:00 PM