Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.4

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 9/27/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this as an alternative to my usual dream matte mousse foundation.

As dream matte mousse has always given me good matte coverage i expected this to also deliver high quality foundation. In terms of price, 7.99 wasn't out of my price range but still quite expensive. Packaging was good as it came with a pump which allows you to use as little or as much as you want. Firstly, i purchased dream satin liquid in 'nude' which is the shade i tend to buy in dream matte mousse. Expecting it to be a near match, it wasn't. I found the shade to be darker and more yellow toned. Despite this, it was an adequate shade but would be tempted to buy it lighter. After moisturising, i used a sponge to apply the foundation and was pleasently suprised by how nicely it went on and how a little could go a long way. The coverage was more medium then full/thick but was delighted to find it felt very light on my skin. As oppose to a matte finish, it was more dewy. However, as the day went on, i found myself having to re-apply on my forehead as it had gone unusually oily, a problem i don't normally suffer from.

Overall, i give this foundation 4/10. It gave good coverage but made my skin slightly greasy, which is my reason for down-rating.

on 10/9/2010 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My favorit right now. good coverage, natural looking after apply and very moisture. It is a bit oily but perfect after my day cream Decleor matt finish skin fluid. Basically no complain over this foundation. Will definitely buy again and again.

on 10/13/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

HUGE BONUS; A pump! Thank god. I love this, perfect amount of coverage and it gives an airbrushed finish that I love. As I mentioned the packaging is great, it makes it a lot easier to get enough product and keep its more clean and sanitized. My only problem was that I got the wrong colour, but that was my problem, and not a fault of this foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation, for all you dry skin ladies out there!! this is a winner!
I have been through almost all of the mac and clinique foundations.. and this is better than any of them, they are either, too little coverage or oxidise or are too dry.
This foundation is creamy and gives a great dewy finish and really good coverage but feels so light on your skin! if your looking for a good quality foundation at a low price, buy this! garantee you will love it :-) xx

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

ok the packaging was very nice especialy the pump other then that i didnt really like it. the colour match was awful. my skin is kinda light and shade 004 light porcelin (the lightest) was basically orange. the finish was nice. very shiny and did sort of minimize pores but it clung to dry patches and was not very good coverage. it lasted 2-3 1/2 hours. wont re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is quite creamy and provides a dewy finish. I actually quite liked the look it gave me but I have very oily skin and should stick to oil-free matt finish foundations. Suffice to say my skin broke out terribly two days after using this so it is banished to the bottom of my make-up basket! However if you have dry skin and don't necessarily require an oil-free foundation then it might work for you.

I've never been a fan of Maybelline foundations but I heard a few promising reviews about the dream satin liquid, so when I found this foundation with a nice discount I thought I should give it a try. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised! This foundation is great! It gives me the most beautiful flawless airbrushed finish, but it looks very natural. Doesn't look cakey or create dry patches. Colormatch is great and the pump is very hygienic. The only con is the staying powder. But with a good primer, it looks great all day! Currently my favorite foundation, will definitely buy again!

on 11/15/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing drugstore foundation! It's extremely soft, it does'nt make my skin oily yet dry. It has an excellent application and it blends very nicely too. This product is great for mixing with a light moisturizer, since I don't feel the need to full coverage (which this one is pretty close to) I'd say, give it a try!

on 11/20/2010 2:24:00 PM

Really pleased with this foundation. I've been using Revlon ColorStay and even though it's great, i was looking for a less coverage foundation. This was the perfect find. It stays on all day and it gives you a really dewy look without being too oily.
The fact that it as a pump is a HUGE plus!

on 11/30/2010 6:12:00 PM

Iv been using this for about IDK id say 2 yrs now and i wont go to any other as of right now, it gives my face a porcelin skin look since i am very fair skinned and normally i dont get breakouts but seeing as im a female i do break out somtimes. But it doesnt dry my skin out and i have combination skin and does not cling to dry patches like some others do. Now staying power could be better but eh, its still a very good product.