Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

3.5

aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide. May contain: CI 77891, titanium dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77491, iron oxides.

on 8/4/2017 4:51:00 AM

I have a really oily t-zone and its makes my skin look fresh all day.i do my makeup at 7:30 am and i reach home at 7 pm with this foundation i don't need touch up,i use colorense primer as a base & i apply my foundation & i apply revlon concelar & i use johnson's baby powder for baking. this is the best foundation i have ever used,i use Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in shade 01,i am done with my first purchase and m going to buy another one.this is the best foundation who have oily t-zone.

on 5/23/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So greasy. Coverage is okay but how it makes my skin feels makes it imposible for me to even try to finish the bottle. Clogs my pores and makes my skin feel disgusting. After around 30 minutes to an hour after applying (with powder) feels sticky and itchy, specially around my chin/lower cheeks where i am the oiliest, and I want to take it off. If you have dry skin it might be okay for you.

This foundation is on the pricey side, however I think it's worth it. It creases a bit on my nose however a little powder works just fine with it. The coverage is medium, it's easily build-able. The packaging has a pump which makes it very easy to apply and use. I apply it with a damp beauty blender or a flat foundation brush and it blends really easily and quick. It doesn't dry out my skin and it doesn't stick to my pores. It's a really good foundation however I think that it wouldn't work too well with people with oily or really dry skin as it would cake a bit.

on 5/11/2017 12:50:00 PM

I've always liked foundations from Maybelline, I prefer them over L'Oreal and Revlon.

This foundation has a very lovely finish, it is a medium coverage and the consistency is very smooth and creamy, very easy to apply and blend. However, like many have already stated in here, I do feel the foundation sitting on my face, but it doesn't create any major discomfort. It feels a bit tacky when it is not completely dry.

The longevity of this foundation is great, about 8-10 hours and more depending on the primer.

This is one of the few foundations that I have used up the entire bottle. Would repurchase it again.

Ps. Got complimented for having a nice skin day from other girls when I wore this foundation.

on 5/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Horrible foundation way too sticky and doesn't cover anything.

on 4/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I'm 57 and my skin in dry but with a slightly greasy t zone. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend and looks natural although it gives a very good coverage. It took well on my nose which for some reason has a tendency to repel foundation! I have yellow toned fair skin and got the Ivory and it's perfect. For anyone very fair and with more pink undertones though I could imagine it looking too dark/yellow,

My only criticism is how easily it transfers. I use a good primer and set it with loose powder but it does rub off on things very easily indeed. It lasts fairly well though the weather is cool here at the moment so can't comment on how it would last in the heat. I would by again but not for summer months perhaps.

I had no reaction and I do have sensitive skin. It isn't strongly scented which I like. It even looked ok under my eyes which are starting to get a few fine lines now. It didn't settle into creases or look cakey. And I didn't look like one of the undead which I often do with foundations that match my skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm acne prone and combination skin. The best problem I ever have to choose make up product is acne and comedo. Last year I've tried foundation, I'm breaking out and acne never gone from my face and I'm suffering. But I can't fully ignore make up, as dancer I still need foundation and I tried this one. The price is enough affordable for me, and suprisingly it's not irritate my skin. I don't get flaky or dry patches and it's not stiky too when I touched my face. For me it's quite good for my acne. It's not healed the acne but I thanks this foundation isn't make it worse. But it's not the holygrail I think, the coverage and the staying power is still not impressed me. But I hope maybeline can produce better foundation.

on 9/21/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my very first foundation I ever bought and it's the worst.
I have dry skin in summer and very dry skin in winter so this foundation doesn't work with my skin whatsoever.
it's very thick and heavy on the skin like it warms my face in winter!
it clings to all my dry areas on my face a.k.a my T zone
always looks cakey even when applying with a beauty blender.
it transfers to everything and I have to set it with tons of powder.
dry skin+ thick & heavey foundation + tons of powder= a whole platter of panckaes!!!
it looks very good on people with oily skin (I tried it on my sister and she looked flawless)

so if you are dry don't buy it

on 7/11/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This used to be my HG foundation. First off, I love the finish, especially when I blend it using a buffing brush or Real Techniques expert face brush in circular motions, it just gives such a wonderful and unique finish -- my face literally looked satin-y. Not demi-matte, not dewy -- satin-y. Which is really cool because I haven't seen this kind finish from any other foundation I've tried. The coverage is great too. It was a medium coverage, off the bat, and can be built up on areas where I need more coverage. As to color match, I think I found mine in the shade B5 which has a more yellow undertone (I first tried a darker shade, PO3, I think, and that has a cooler undertone so I guess Maybelline did take undertones into consideration for this line of foundation). Oh, for reference I'm an NC40 match in the MAC Studio Fix line, however, I go for NC37 because I am extremely acidic. As for pore coverage, I think it does well in that aspect. It does not completely blur out the pores, but I somehow see I reduction in pore size whenever I use this, which is great.

However, there are two (2) CONS for me here:

The first CON, which is kind of big for me, is ..... it's quite uncomfortable to wear. Whenever I wear this foundation, it weighs on me, like, I can tell I have something heavy on. I guess that's the trade-off for a high-coverage foundation? I 'm not sure. Plus, during the first 20 mins of wear, I can feel my skin heating up, literally. It bothers me a lot that's why I'm still on the fence if I would repurchase.

The second CON, which isn't really that bothersome, is that, it transfers easily. It stays on better if I put a primer underneath and set it with powder. Which is why it doesn't bother me much.

Nevertheless, if that first CON does not bother you at all, I would totally recommend it. It has great finish, great coverage, great color selection, does not cling to dry patches. What more could you ask?

on 5/26/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought both the liquid foundation and the powder in the shade B23.

Pros:
1) Nice light feel after application, which is nice especially when you dislike the goopy feel of other foundation like me.
2) Natural looking dewey finish.
3) Comes in a bottle with a pump which gives easy access.
4) Affordable price.
5) Doesn't cause breakouts on my sensitive skin.
6) Your-skin-but-better look.

Cons:
1) Had to reapply powder over foundation after 3 hours due to how oily my skin is to begin with and the oily formula didn't help either.
2) Lasting power isn't strong.
3) Gets really cakey if you sweat.

Would recommend for dry skin and for non-sweaty conditions. Not for oily skin and sweaty girls, unfortunately. :(