Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

3.5

aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide. May contain: CI 77891, titanium dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77491, iron oxides.

on 9/8/2017 6:20:00 AM

I bought this a few months ago on impulse - the colour looked so good and the texture was great on my hand, and it was on offer in the supermarket. I have tried it several times in several ways and I absolutely hate it! It looks perfect wherever I swatch it but is resolutely pale pink when 'blended' (no mean feat, it drags horribly) across my whole face, it renders every pore visible from space and it also manages to look waxy whilst being really drying. And within six hours it's virtually disappeared (a blessed relief but still)no matter what I prime/set with. I would bin it, but what if I want to be Barbara Cartland at hallowe'en?

Love this foundation.

Finding a yellow undertoned foundation is difficult in drugstores, and this is one of the only ones I have found. (I use shade 21 Nude). I swatched other shades and found they were very pink based so there appears to be a wide range of shades and undertones.

It gives the skin a natural, healthy coverage and finish. As the name states, you are left with a satin finish that looks like a second skin. I don't apply much however I still achieve a good medium coverage, and you can build it up without running the risk of a cakey finish.

Stays on for many hours, even though I only set the areas under my eyes and under my cheekbones.

This foundation is on the pricey side, however I think it's worth it. It creases a bit on my nose however a little powder works just fine with it. The coverage is medium, it's easily build-able. The packaging has a pump which makes it very easy to apply and use. I apply it with a damp beauty blender or a flat foundation brush and it blends really easily and quick. It doesn't dry out my skin and it doesn't stick to my pores. It's a really good foundation however I think that it wouldn't work too well with people with oily or really dry skin as it would cake a bit.

on 5/11/2017 12:50:00 PM

I've always liked foundations from Maybelline, I prefer them over L'Oreal and Revlon.

This foundation has a very lovely finish, it is a medium coverage and the consistency is very smooth and creamy, very easy to apply and blend. However, like many have already stated in here, I do feel the foundation sitting on my face, but it doesn't create any major discomfort. It feels a bit tacky when it is not completely dry.

The longevity of this foundation is great, about 8-10 hours and more depending on the primer.

This is one of the few foundations that I have used up the entire bottle. Would repurchase it again.

Ps. Got complimented for having a nice skin day from other girls when I wore this foundation.

on 5/23/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So greasy. Coverage is okay but how it makes my skin feels makes it imposible for me to even try to finish the bottle. Clogs my pores and makes my skin feel disgusting. After around 30 minutes to an hour after applying (with powder) feels sticky and itchy, specially around my chin/lower cheeks where i am the oiliest, and I want to take it off. If you have dry skin it might be okay for you.

on 8/4/2017 4:51:00 AM

I have a really oily t-zone and its makes my skin look fresh all day.i do my makeup at 7:30 am and i reach home at 7 pm with this foundation i don't need touch up,i use colorense primer as a base & i apply my foundation & i apply revlon concelar & i use johnson's baby powder for baking. this is the best foundation i have ever used,i use Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in shade 01,i am done with my first purchase and m going to buy another one.this is the best foundation who have oily t-zone.

on 4/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I'm 57 and my skin in dry but with a slightly greasy t zone. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend and looks natural although it gives a very good coverage. It took well on my nose which for some reason has a tendency to repel foundation! I have yellow toned fair skin and got the Ivory and it's perfect. For anyone very fair and with more pink undertones though I could imagine it looking too dark/yellow,

My only criticism is how easily it transfers. I use a good primer and set it with loose powder but it does rub off on things very easily indeed. It lasts fairly well though the weather is cool here at the moment so can't comment on how it would last in the heat. I would by again but not for summer months perhaps.

I had no reaction and I do have sensitive skin. It isn't strongly scented which I like. It even looked ok under my eyes which are starting to get a few fine lines now. It didn't settle into creases or look cakey. And I didn't look like one of the undead which I often do with foundations that match my skin.

on 9/21/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my very first foundation I ever bought and it's the worst.
I have dry skin in summer and very dry skin in winter so this foundation doesn't work with my skin whatsoever.
it's very thick and heavy on the skin like it warms my face in winter!
it clings to all my dry areas on my face a.k.a my T zone
always looks cakey even when applying with a beauty blender.
it transfers to everything and I have to set it with tons of powder.
dry skin+ thick & heavey foundation + tons of powder= a whole platter of panckaes!!!
it looks very good on people with oily skin (I tried it on my sister and she looked flawless)

so if you are dry don't buy it

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm acne prone and combination skin. The best problem I ever have to choose make up product is acne and comedo. Last year I've tried foundation, I'm breaking out and acne never gone from my face and I'm suffering. But I can't fully ignore make up, as dancer I still need foundation and I tried this one. The price is enough affordable for me, and suprisingly it's not irritate my skin. I don't get flaky or dry patches and it's not stiky too when I touched my face. For me it's quite good for my acne. It's not healed the acne but I thanks this foundation isn't make it worse. But it's not the holygrail I think, the coverage and the staying power is still not impressed me. But I hope maybeline can produce better foundation.

on 5/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Horrible foundation way too sticky and doesn't cover anything.