Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

3.5

aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide. May contain: CI 77891, titanium dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77491, iron oxides.

on 4/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I'm 57 and my skin in dry but with a slightly greasy t zone. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend and looks natural although it gives a very good coverage. It took well on my nose which for some reason has a tendency to repel foundation! I have yellow toned fair skin and got the Ivory and it's perfect. For anyone very fair and with more pink undertones though I could imagine it looking too dark/yellow,

My only criticism is how easily it transfers. I use a good primer and set it with loose powder but it does rub off on things very easily indeed. It lasts fairly well though the weather is cool here at the moment so can't comment on how it would last in the heat. I would by again but not for summer months perhaps.

I had no reaction and I do have sensitive skin. It isn't strongly scented which I like. It even looked ok under my eyes which are starting to get a few fine lines now. It didn't settle into creases or look cakey. And I didn't look like one of the undead which I often do with foundations that match my skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm acne prone and combination skin. The best problem I ever have to choose make up product is acne and comedo. Last year I've tried foundation, I'm breaking out and acne never gone from my face and I'm suffering. But I can't fully ignore make up, as dancer I still need foundation and I tried this one. The price is enough affordable for me, and suprisingly it's not irritate my skin. I don't get flaky or dry patches and it's not stiky too when I touched my face. For me it's quite good for my acne. It's not healed the acne but I thanks this foundation isn't make it worse. But it's not the holygrail I think, the coverage and the staying power is still not impressed me. But I hope maybeline can produce better foundation.

on 9/21/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my very first foundation I ever bought and it's the worst.
I have dry skin in summer and very dry skin in winter so this foundation doesn't work with my skin whatsoever.
it's very thick and heavy on the skin like it warms my face in winter!
it clings to all my dry areas on my face a.k.a my T zone
always looks cakey even when applying with a beauty blender.
it transfers to everything and I have to set it with tons of powder.
dry skin+ thick & heavey foundation + tons of powder= a whole platter of panckaes!!!
it looks very good on people with oily skin (I tried it on my sister and she looked flawless)

so if you are dry don't buy it

on 7/11/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This used to be my HG foundation. First off, I love the finish, especially when I blend it using a buffing brush or Real Techniques expert face brush in circular motions, it just gives such a wonderful and unique finish -- my face literally looked satin-y. Not demi-matte, not dewy -- satin-y. Which is really cool because I haven't seen this kind finish from any other foundation I've tried. The coverage is great too. It was a medium coverage, off the bat, and can be built up on areas where I need more coverage. As to color match, I think I found mine in the shade B5 which has a more yellow undertone (I first tried a darker shade, PO3, I think, and that has a cooler undertone so I guess Maybelline did take undertones into consideration for this line of foundation). Oh, for reference I'm an NC40 match in the MAC Studio Fix line, however, I go for NC37 because I am extremely acidic. As for pore coverage, I think it does well in that aspect. It does not completely blur out the pores, but I somehow see I reduction in pore size whenever I use this, which is great.

However, there are two (2) CONS for me here:

The first CON, which is kind of big for me, is ..... it's quite uncomfortable to wear. Whenever I wear this foundation, it weighs on me, like, I can tell I have something heavy on. I guess that's the trade-off for a high-coverage foundation? I 'm not sure. Plus, during the first 20 mins of wear, I can feel my skin heating up, literally. It bothers me a lot that's why I'm still on the fence if I would repurchase.

The second CON, which isn't really that bothersome, is that, it transfers easily. It stays on better if I put a primer underneath and set it with powder. Which is why it doesn't bother me much.

Nevertheless, if that first CON does not bother you at all, I would totally recommend it. It has great finish, great coverage, great color selection, does not cling to dry patches. What more could you ask?

on 5/26/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought both the liquid foundation and the powder in the shade B23.

Pros:
1) Nice light feel after application, which is nice especially when you dislike the goopy feel of other foundation like me.
2) Natural looking dewey finish.
3) Comes in a bottle with a pump which gives easy access.
4) Affordable price.
5) Doesn't cause breakouts on my sensitive skin.
6) Your-skin-but-better look.

Cons:
1) Had to reapply powder over foundation after 3 hours due to how oily my skin is to begin with and the oily formula didn't help either.
2) Lasting power isn't strong.
3) Gets really cakey if you sweat.

Would recommend for dry skin and for non-sweaty conditions. Not for oily skin and sweaty girls, unfortunately. :(

This is literally the only foundation I have found that covers my huge pores, red skin and dry patches. It never looks cakey and has a lovely dewy velvety finish and doesn't bring me out in spots or make me super oily. I have a really oily t-zone already and the wear isn't great, I do need to reapply again before I go out in the evening or even more if it's hot but I think a powder would help (I just can't find one that doesn't accentuate my pores and go patchy!) It has a good coverage whilst still looking natural and I've found the perfect way to apply, like many others have said is with a damp beauty blender (just buy a cheap knock off on Amazon)

The surface of my skin is quite damaged from teen acne and too much exfoliation and whenever the people at expensive makeup counters try foundations on me, they go all patchy on those areas, and I'm told it's not the foundation, it's my bad skin care, but dream satin liquid has no problem gliding over the problem areas. 10 Ivory is also one of the only foundations with pinky undertones, most brands only carry colours that are more yellow-y. Whilst I do wish the wear was better, I've found no better foundation even from the most high end brands!

on 4/5/2016 7:25:00 AM

The Liquid Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid was my first ever foundation, I'd been over youtube and plenty of reviews and when I got to boots I was glad to find there was an offer on Maybelline so I managed to get it much cheaper than the original price.

- SHADE
I bought it in 10 Ivory (the lightest possible shade) which at the time seemed like my skin colour. It wasn't until i was half way through my second bottle that my family and sister (who is very good with makeup) pointed out the foundation was very orange on me. Looking back, it was too orange for me and considering my skin is rather fair (not extremely pale) I was annoyed that the lightest shade was way too orange. So if you're pale or light, this probably isn't right for you.

- COVERAGE + CONSISTENCY
I would say that the actual foundation has medium coverage and I was very happy with the coverage on my skin. Although it's a liquid foundation it doesn't feel as watery as many of the foundations I own although It still feels light an natural on skin. It did cling only slightly onto dry patches but otherwise, was nice to my skin and didn't cause spots or breakouts.

- OVERALL
To be honest, I used this foundation for a very long time and was convinced it was amazing but looking back now, the lightest shade was way too orange and that was one of the only problems for me. Otherwise, coverage was good - application was easy and it lasted a decent amount of time although did come off slightly. Only other problem I can say is that you could see bits where my skin was dry.

on 4/1/2016 8:08:00 AM

It looks great on my combo skin alone, but even better when mixed with garnier bb cream for oily skin. I give it 4 lippies due to average staying power.

on 3/25/2016 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is an okay everyday foundation. If you have oily skin like i do, you will not like this. this won't stay on my skin for more than 4 hours. I still use it because I like the healthy glow it gives. It covers the redness on my cheeks and just makes me look flawless. I like the packaging too, very simple, and it has a pump. Everything about this foundation is good except the staying power. I have not owned any foundation that made me oil up so quick but this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I honestly don't know what to say about this foundation other than I HATE IT.
I bought it as it was advertised on Superdrug's website as one of their bestsellers, and since I was looking for a cheaper foundation I gave it a go since it was cheap and seemingly lots of people liked it.
It was hell from the get go: None of the shades suited me, and my local Superdrug didn't have the lightest shade. So I had to go further to try it out. The colour is actually quite nice on my skin.
However, the product is nowhere near the 'poreless perfection' it offers on the bottle. This foundation sets into EVERY SINGLE PORE on my skin and even into wrinkles I didn't even know I had! I use two layers of moisturizer (Let soak into my skin) and it still makes my skin look really flakey too.
I don't know about how long it wears, since the four times I've attempted to use it (I've tried using a foundation brush, stippling brush and beauty blender twice) I've had to wipe it off and use another foundation because it just looks like I have a very bad skin condition.
Overall, give it a miss. Save your money and spend it on a nicer quality foundation.