Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by age: 36-43
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

2.8

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 10/8/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted to try this, but ingredients had changed-- they added Ethylhexyl palmitate which is pretty comedogenic and the shades run darker than norm. Pass.

on 9/8/2017 6:20:00 AM

I bought this a few months ago on impulse - the colour looked so good and the texture was great on my hand, and it was on offer in the supermarket. I have tried it several times in several ways and I absolutely hate it! It looks perfect wherever I swatch it but is resolutely pale pink when 'blended' (no mean feat, it drags horribly) across my whole face, it renders every pore visible from space and it also manages to look waxy whilst being really drying. And within six hours it's virtually disappeared (a blessed relief but still)no matter what I prime/set with. I would bin it, but what if I want to be Barbara Cartland at hallowe'en?

When I first put this product on I thought it felt really nice and silky, but within an hour of wearing it had migrated onto the scarf I was wearing and the collar of my coat. I also got comments that I was looking tired...which I often get when I am wearing no foundation, and sure enough most of it had come off. Felt nice at first, shame it did not stick on my face.
I have now moved onto to Maybellines shine free FIT ME foundation stick which I love for day time.

The best foundation I have ever used. I have normal to dry skin. I have to mix two shades to get a perfect match (I use Ivory 010 and Ivory 020), but it is easy since the bottle has a pump. It is a little thick, so I mix in a little Revlon Age Defying Illuminator and I have the perfect medium, lightly dewy coverage. I do set with a little powder. This makeup makes my skin look perfect and lasts all day without settling into lines or pores. I have tried multiple department store brands and drug store brands in my life. I wish I had found a foundation like this twenty years ago!

on 12/16/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't usually like Maybelline products too much so this was a bit of a surprise. I got it because of the ads on TV saying it would make your pores disappear, and boy do I have 50 million pores to make disappear! I didn't like it at first because it had a dry finish, and I only like a dewy, moist, radiant finish. It also had too much coverage, I don't like a lot of cover, I like a sheer cover, as if I weren't wearing anything. But then I mixed it with a moisturizer and the result was so good! I got that dewy, radiant, glowy finish that I wanted and a sheerer coverage. Still more coverage than I'm used to, I'm not much into foundations and usually use tinted moisturizers, so so much coverage intimidates me a bit! But with the moisturizer it was nice, made me look like I had perfect skin but at the same time like I wasn't wearing anything, it wasn't thick or heavy or cakey at all. Very very resistant, doesn't rub off onto anything and is water resistant too, I found, which is what I want. Also feels good, not sticky or gooey like some foundations out there. I had a perfect shade match, don't remember the name of the shade though, and I'm too lazy to go and look at it. But I have neutral medium toned skin, some yellow and some pink, and the colour match was perfect, it was a beige colour. =UPDATE= I'm liking this foundation more and more, looks flawless without effort. And it's also great because of the price, only foundation I could find around here for less than 10 (makeup is expensive in Europe!).