Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.4

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 8/4/2017 4:51:00 AM

I have a really oily t-zone and its makes my skin look fresh all day.i do my makeup at 7:30 am and i reach home at 7 pm with this foundation i don't need touch up,i use colorense primer as a base & i apply my foundation & i apply revlon concelar & i use johnson's baby powder for baking. this is the best foundation i have ever used,i use Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in shade 01,i am done with my first purchase and m going to buy another one.this is the best foundation who have oily t-zone.

on 5/23/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So greasy. Coverage is okay but how it makes my skin feels makes it imposible for me to even try to finish the bottle. Clogs my pores and makes my skin feel disgusting. After around 30 minutes to an hour after applying (with powder) feels sticky and itchy, specially around my chin/lower cheeks where i am the oiliest, and I want to take it off. If you have dry skin it might be okay for you.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm acne prone and combination skin. The best problem I ever have to choose make up product is acne and comedo. Last year I've tried foundation, I'm breaking out and acne never gone from my face and I'm suffering. But I can't fully ignore make up, as dancer I still need foundation and I tried this one. The price is enough affordable for me, and suprisingly it's not irritate my skin. I don't get flaky or dry patches and it's not stiky too when I touched my face. For me it's quite good for my acne. It's not healed the acne but I thanks this foundation isn't make it worse. But it's not the holygrail I think, the coverage and the staying power is still not impressed me. But I hope maybeline can produce better foundation.

on 9/21/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my very first foundation I ever bought and it's the worst.
I have dry skin in summer and very dry skin in winter so this foundation doesn't work with my skin whatsoever.
it's very thick and heavy on the skin like it warms my face in winter!
it clings to all my dry areas on my face a.k.a my T zone
always looks cakey even when applying with a beauty blender.
it transfers to everything and I have to set it with tons of powder.
dry skin+ thick & heavey foundation + tons of powder= a whole platter of panckaes!!!
it looks very good on people with oily skin (I tried it on my sister and she looked flawless)

so if you are dry don't buy it

This is literally the only foundation I have found that covers my huge pores, red skin and dry patches. It never looks cakey and has a lovely dewy velvety finish and doesn't bring me out in spots or make me super oily. I have a really oily t-zone already and the wear isn't great, I do need to reapply again before I go out in the evening or even more if it's hot but I think a powder would help (I just can't find one that doesn't accentuate my pores and go patchy!) It has a good coverage whilst still looking natural and I've found the perfect way to apply, like many others have said is with a damp beauty blender (just buy a cheap knock off on Amazon)

The surface of my skin is quite damaged from teen acne and too much exfoliation and whenever the people at expensive makeup counters try foundations on me, they go all patchy on those areas, and I'm told it's not the foundation, it's my bad skin care, but dream satin liquid has no problem gliding over the problem areas. 10 Ivory is also one of the only foundations with pinky undertones, most brands only carry colours that are more yellow-y. Whilst I do wish the wear was better, I've found no better foundation even from the most high end brands!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feels very light on the skin but gives a good amount of coverage. Not drying at all, and it makes my skin look like it's glowing!
Only criticsims are that it can be prone to creasing and oiliness, not too much of an issue for me as my skin doesn't get too oily but something for other people to keep in mind. Also, I have this foundation in what I believe to be the lightest shade (Light Porcelain), but this is still slightly too dark/orangey for my skin when it's at its palest!
Overall, great foundation for quite a low price - definite value for money. I would repurchase and recommend this to others.

I dunno why but the name of the foundation on my bottle says 'Dream Satin skin' not 'Dream Satin Liquid' ...but its the same product.

OK this foundation is lovely. My first impression of it was that the bottle is pretty small, but its my first ever foundation soo it doesnt matter. I got it on discount for $5. And the regular price is much higher.

About the formula, its like a thick liquid, texture is like mousse. The most important part that could make or break your result is APPLICATION. The first time I used it, I applied it with my hand. It wasted too much product and I looked a little cakey. Recently I used a knockoff beautyblender dampened, and guess what? It looked FLAWLESS. Not even kidding, I've never seen my face look so un-cakey and flawless. I got it in the shade B2 and it gave me a beautiful skin like finish. I didn't even need to set it, because it set itself.

So if you're about to buy this product, get yourself a beauty blender as well!

on 7/27/2015 10:40:00 AM

I have been using this product for 2 years now. I alternate with high-end foundations (Bobby Brown, Make Up Forever or Clinique) but somehow I always find my way back to this one. It has medium coverage, you can barely see it on your face and is also gives a fresh look. It's cheap, the package makes it easy to use, but you cannot use the liquid at the bottom when you run out of it.
Overall, the foundation really suits my skin. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because of the packaging.

One word for this foundation and that is GREASY. I do not have oily skin and have never had this problem with foundation. But I purchased this one as I wanted to try something new and I actually had to stick with it for one month. Thank god I kept touching up with powder and mixing it with others but my god it just makes you feel so dirty! I made it look good with the make up I combined it with but I could not wait to get home and wipe it off as everytime I touched my face it felt HORRIBLE. Now using No7 and very happy. Nothing against maybelline, just not a nice product. Very orange too.

on 6/9/2014 10:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I used this product for a long time, it was one of the first foundations I ever bought for myself when I started wearing makeup. Now I know more about makeup and what works for my skin I'm surprised I used it for so long!
This foundation is definately one that I would never buy again. The texture is greasy, it feels so sticky and thick on the face, it just clogs up your skin.
I tend to get a few blemishes on my face, but nothing to bad and this didn't cover anything. I'd even say the coverage is like that of a tinted moisturiser i.e no coverage, just puts a colour on your face! Definately only sheer to medium coverage.
I get a little shine on my T-zone and dryness on my cheeks and this foundation somehow managed to make my T-zone look so oily and clung to every dry patch on my face!
I used to wear this foundation on a day-to-day basis, for work/school so I know that it doesn't last at all. I could put it on before I went to work and when I arrived it would already look oily and be fading. I've even tried this with primers to see if it lasts longer, and it doesn't. It also oxidises on the face, it turns orangey and looks patchy and almost muddy and dirty on the skin.
This foundation is also terrible if you want to build layers. It goes on so thick, it looks cakey, like you have inches of foundation on, and it sinks in to every single pore and highlights every blemish! If you want to powder over this product or use blush or bronzer, you'd have to wait a while before using it as it stays sticky and tacky on the skin for a while. It also rubs off so easily, it transfers on clothes and, if I wanted to blot, which I had to because it makes the skin look so oily, the foundation would come off just from blotting.
This foundation comes in a bottle with a pump, which makes it easy to use, but the pump doesnt reach the bottom of the bottle and you get a lot of wasted product when you start to run out.

Overall, I definately wouldn't buy this product again, it's to sticky, to thick, looks orangey, doesn't last and has no coverage. I would only recommend this product if you have completely perfect skin and want your makeup to look shiny and orange!