Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.3

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 12/1/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation offers medium coverage. Despite the fact that it is not a longwear foundation, it holds up well throughout the day, it doesn't cake or seperate. Makes my skin looks fresh and it is lightweight on skin. Also very easy to apply and blend :)

Uuuuuggggh do not even bother if your skin is even the slightest bit dry. Gets all patchy looking. Gross.

Love this foundation.

Finding a yellow undertoned foundation is difficult in drugstores, and this is one of the only ones I have found. (I use shade 21 Nude). I swatched other shades and found they were very pink based so there appears to be a wide range of shades and undertones.

It gives the skin a natural, healthy coverage and finish. As the name states, you are left with a satin finish that looks like a second skin. I don't apply much however I still achieve a good medium coverage, and you can build it up without running the risk of a cakey finish.

Stays on for many hours, even though I only set the areas under my eyes and under my cheekbones.

This foundation is on the pricey side, however I think it's worth it. It creases a bit on my nose however a little powder works just fine with it. The coverage is medium, it's easily build-able. The packaging has a pump which makes it very easy to apply and use. I apply it with a damp beauty blender or a flat foundation brush and it blends really easily and quick. It doesn't dry out my skin and it doesn't stick to my pores. It's a really good foundation however I think that it wouldn't work too well with people with oily or really dry skin as it would cake a bit.

on 5/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Horrible foundation way too sticky and doesn't cover anything.

on 5/26/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought both the liquid foundation and the powder in the shade B23.

Pros:
1) Nice light feel after application, which is nice especially when you dislike the goopy feel of other foundation like me.
2) Natural looking dewey finish.
3) Comes in a bottle with a pump which gives easy access.
4) Affordable price.
5) Doesn't cause breakouts on my sensitive skin.
6) Your-skin-but-better look.

Cons:
1) Had to reapply powder over foundation after 3 hours due to how oily my skin is to begin with and the oily formula didn't help either.
2) Lasting power isn't strong.
3) Gets really cakey if you sweat.

Would recommend for dry skin and for non-sweaty conditions. Not for oily skin and sweaty girls, unfortunately. :(

on 4/5/2016 7:25:00 AM

The Liquid Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid was my first ever foundation, I'd been over youtube and plenty of reviews and when I got to boots I was glad to find there was an offer on Maybelline so I managed to get it much cheaper than the original price.

- SHADE
I bought it in 10 Ivory (the lightest possible shade) which at the time seemed like my skin colour. It wasn't until i was half way through my second bottle that my family and sister (who is very good with makeup) pointed out the foundation was very orange on me. Looking back, it was too orange for me and considering my skin is rather fair (not extremely pale) I was annoyed that the lightest shade was way too orange. So if you're pale or light, this probably isn't right for you.

- COVERAGE + CONSISTENCY
I would say that the actual foundation has medium coverage and I was very happy with the coverage on my skin. Although it's a liquid foundation it doesn't feel as watery as many of the foundations I own although It still feels light an natural on skin. It did cling only slightly onto dry patches but otherwise, was nice to my skin and didn't cause spots or breakouts.

- OVERALL
To be honest, I used this foundation for a very long time and was convinced it was amazing but looking back now, the lightest shade was way too orange and that was one of the only problems for me. Otherwise, coverage was good - application was easy and it lasted a decent amount of time although did come off slightly. Only other problem I can say is that you could see bits where my skin was dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I honestly don't know what to say about this foundation other than I HATE IT.
I bought it as it was advertised on Superdrug's website as one of their bestsellers, and since I was looking for a cheaper foundation I gave it a go since it was cheap and seemingly lots of people liked it.
It was hell from the get go: None of the shades suited me, and my local Superdrug didn't have the lightest shade. So I had to go further to try it out. The colour is actually quite nice on my skin.
However, the product is nowhere near the 'poreless perfection' it offers on the bottle. This foundation sets into EVERY SINGLE PORE on my skin and even into wrinkles I didn't even know I had! I use two layers of moisturizer (Let soak into my skin) and it still makes my skin look really flakey too.
I don't know about how long it wears, since the four times I've attempted to use it (I've tried using a foundation brush, stippling brush and beauty blender twice) I've had to wipe it off and use another foundation because it just looks like I have a very bad skin condition.
Overall, give it a miss. Save your money and spend it on a nicer quality foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am the lightest shade (1 - Natural Ivory) and it has lightly warmer undertones than expected. However, as a naturally pale person, I can get away with this because it gives me a natural glow and makes my skin look a bit more "healthy", but just be aware. I live in England, and I picked this up from Superdrug. It has a "New Formula" tag on it. I never tried the old formula, and so I don't know what's different about it.
This has a satin finish, which means for very oily skin, this might not be great. However the product is oil free, so it isn't going to break you out or clog your pores majorly. The finish is gives you a more flawless, natural glow and less of a shine as more sheer/oily products provide without being drying or cakey like some matte formulas.
The product blends effortlessly and sits nicely. The coverage is mostly medium for that more natural finish, but easily buildable, and there is a slight blurring effect, helping to conceal pores and textured skin.
HOWEVER, I have seen a lot of people annoyed or disappointed at this product, so I thought I would give my personal application process, because I think it works really well as such:
(Note, I have oily/combo skin, so this might not work the same for y'all.)

1. Apply a non drying, mattifying primer (pore concealing will help, but is not essential. I recommend Rimmel London's Stay Matte) and let it sit into the skin for about 10 mins. The reason I use a mattifying primer is because it's going to stop any natural oils from mixing with the formula of the foundation and therefore keep the look "satiny" and not greasy.

2. Apply a coat of the foundation with a sponge/beauty blender/knock-off BY TAPPING the product into the skin, not brushing, swirling or rubbing. This is going to help the product adhere to the skin and the primer as well as give you better coverage and avoid streaks.

3. Using the tips of your fingers, gently pat the product in all over the face by bouncing your fingers off your skin. You'll notice that if you just use a sponge, the skin still looks a little 'foundationy' rather than natural, and the natural oils from your fingers will help to visibly blur the product, helping to really conceal those pores and seem flawless.

4. Let the product dry in for about 5-10 mins. The formula doesn't feel wet, but can feel a little bit sticky, so let it dry down, and then set the face with a powder of your choice to get rid of any areas that may be a little bit tacky still. Preferably use a lightweight, translucent one, and this will lighten up the colour, helping to match your skin tone better, as well as avoid causing "cakeiness".

I think for the price and the look, this product is fantastic. Is is my current go to foundation for everyday wear, (though I have been tempted to try the Fit Me Matte and Poreless- any recommendations?) and I will 100% repurchase. It certainly isn't for everyone, but it is worth a try, definitely for the more combo skin people out there, as well as any oily folk that want a bit less of a flat texture to their foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i love the packaging, looks expensive and the pump is great, but the foundation itself? i just don't know yet, it looks really natural and it does give you a medium to full coverage but when i already set it with a powder, it just looks too cakey? and the shade i bought is not the right color for me because it oxidizes on my skin. i hope they'll just change the names of the shades into a more specific one.

it kinda lasts long on my face but it doesn't around my nose, it fades away and it looks super obvious when it does already. i don't know hopefully i'll be able to make this foundation work on me because it's super cheap and i don't really want to buy a more expensive product