Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 % - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280

on 7/4/2016 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG. This is such an amazing foundation, I never seen something like this before. It is natural, completely, natural. You can't see the foundation on your skin, not even up close. But it does cover, quite well. It's no full coverage. Light/medium. But you can layer this, while still looking natural. It doesnt emphasises pores or lines.

I orderd it without sampeling it, and de colour is totally wrong (I ordered it in 13 rose natural) and while the colour looked good inside the (beautiful, glass) bottle, but it's too dark and to pink.
Still I was blown away by the results.

It sets, it stays, and you get a really nice soft focus with this. It's not complety matt, but it doesn't feel tacky or 'wet'. It's a dream to blend, silky powdery feeling.

Cause the colour is wrong I started mixing this with my teint idole, and the work amazing together. My exact skin colour, and cause of the more coverage teint idole offers, it looks even better. No pores, no powdery cake look.

It's really nice if you want a natural look, NOBODY can tell you're wearing foundation with this.
I dont even care about the price anymore. Def worth it.

Works great with all my primers and other products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Life is so unfair. This is a beautiful foundation that I can't wear, which I'll get to later.
This has medium buildable coverage. It has a natural matte finish. It's very liquidy and is practically idiot proof to apply. It goes on seamlessly without a primer. Basically no blending required. It lasts most of the day, definitely better than most. I set it with powder as I do with all foundations and it feels like skin.
My issue is the color range, which is narrow. They don't have a shade that even kind of matches me. The lightest shades are all very yellow or pink, no neutrals and quite dark. I'm pretty close to Oompa Loompa when I wear it. If they ever make a shade that matches me I'd wear it all the time.

To Read all 209 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

On Paula's Choice they say that this is pretty decent for oily skin. Lies! This stuff separates really bad on my skin once the oil starts coming through, at only like the 4-hour mark. It looks pretty nice before then, and blends extremely well on the face even without primer, but if you have oily skin, nope. Doesn't work. It also broke me out, but I didn't take off a lippie for that because I feel like whether or not something breaks people out depends entirely on the person.

on 5/1/2016 2:32:00 PM

I have tried almost all the high end foundations (Chanel, Armani, Lancôme, Clarins, Kevin Aucoin, etc) and always went back to Chanel, until I tried this. It's amazing....it really just melts into skin on your face. Color stays put all day. It is more a light to medium coverage if you build it up. I love this stuff! I can see that there isn't a tremendous range of shades, I happened to luck out and have a shade match perfectly. It's expensive but they are all expensive...at that point I'm not going to choose based on 5-10 dollar difference.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible-Skin Fusion Makeup/Foundation

On the first day I applied the Guerlain makeup without primer. On the second day I tried the Guerlain makeup with a primer with oil. On the third day I tried the Guerlain makeup again without a primer. Why? The overall coverage naturally seemingly was better with a primer, but in my opinion the makeup looked much better/more natural/youthful on my face without it. Of course, I'm almost 70 and not 15!

According to others for someone with normal to nearly flawless skin like mine I don’t believe that one needs a primer. Again why? Because of skin care factors/considerations, Sisley, e.g., doesn’t make a primer nor do they recommend using a primer with their various makeups. Plus, all Sisley makeups, e.g., don’t have a sunscreen/any anti-UV filters. [SPF] If one needs a sunscreen I'd recommend applying it with one’s preferred moisturizer.

During the initial application of Guerlain makeup it goes on very easily with no discomfort whatsoever. Conversely it still feels as if I have makeup on my face; whereas, with my former Sisley Beige Clair 0 makeup, e.g., it didn’t feel as if I had any makeup on whatsoever. Of course, that lack of any makeup feel comes with a Sisley price point.

Bottom line: The Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Makeup is a very good makeup, but not my Holy Grail. Since I used a cream makeup for over 15+ years [Sisley Beige Clair 0] I'm undoubtedly a tad prejudiced when it comes to the feel or lack of any feel of a cream makeup versus a liquid. But I'm still testing prominent upscale liquid makeups.

Next up…the new Chanel Les Beiges Teint Belle Mine Naturelle Healthy Glow Foundation SPF 25 in 14 shades with Kalanchoe Pinnata Extract...it's an extract of the leaves of the kalanchoe, Kalanchoe pinnata, Crassulaceae . I’m going to try #12 beige rose first, and if it is possibly too light e.g., for my complexion I’m next going to try #21 Rose and then #22 beige rose next which are still relatively light but the shades are a tad darker. Please stay tuned. [Preliminary assessment the #12 was too light but beautiful, the #21 seems almost perfect and tomorrow I'm trying #22.]

Please also note I’ve indicated that I’d purchase this makeup, but in point of fact as annotated above I’m actually currently still undecided.

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I am around NC37/40 and I picked up the shade 04 beige moyen. One thing I noticed which I don't know if anyone else noticed was that when I first pump some foundation on to my hand it seems like a good beige colour and then when I apply it onto my face with a beauty blender the colour turns darker within couple minutes, so when I do apply this foundation it makes me look tanned which I'm not complaining about but I wasn't aware this foundation would oxidise. And this is my second bottle and it's doing the same oxidised thing so it can't be that it may have been from a faulty batch.
However the foundation gives a nice matte finish but it's got a little glow to it. A little goes a long way. Too much could make you end up looking cakey. Overall this is a great foundation, which many people fail to talk about!!

on 3/20/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been reluctant to purchase this because of the shade selection and because I'm oily combo and heard this may not suit me. I'm an olive undertone about Nc30. They all tend to run too pink or neutral. Even the neutral against a olive/yellow undertone looks pink. Anyway I picked up shade 03. Which is a tad too light but 04 was significantly darker and wouldn't suit through winter and also somewhat more pink.
I applied with a flat top kabuki. Just over one pump covered my entire face and neck. Coverage is a very high medium. Super blend able. No effort for application. Smoothed over my pores which can look problematic with the wrong foundation. Currently have little hormonal breakout and smoothed over them and covered them very well. Set itself to a matte finish which I was super surprised about. Gorgeous finish. good time to test because I feel my skin looks its worst just before that time of month and it brightened it, smoothed it and covered some pesky breakouts.
The colour isn't great. I'm used to my GA being the right undertone, my Koh Gen Do and Nars are the only ones that truly cater to olive undertones. But with a bit of bronzing and after it settled in, it worked out. Just note that the undertone isn't perfect whatsoever for yellow or Olive skin.
Wear time absolutely blew me away. I usually blot at the 3-4hour mark regardless of what foundations promise - my oily combo skin always wins and this really pushed to more near the 5 hour mark. I'm shocked. A bit of caking around the nose which I'm not pleased with but I blot that away. Seems to settle into the skins natural undertone better as it wears which is a relief because that is really the only downside to this foundation. Very pleased.
This does have a light scent like most luxurious brands so I'm confused why some reviewers even bother picking up a sample let alone buying it - the sales assistant should tell you this! I'm not bothered by it and enjoy it as its only slight and goes away straight after application. Price is not great $86 AUS but it is guerlain and you do get what you pay for here for sure. I would definately recommend picking up shade samples of unsure

on 2/28/2016 2:46:00 PM

I wanted to like this foundation after all the wonderful reviews but it did not cover well at all. I have sun damage and age related 'spots' too and can not find a foundation that covers but that looks natural. I gave it 3 lippies, only b/c it felt good on my skin and didn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles.

on 2/8/2016 7:56:00 AM

I got this foundation as a gift with the primer and the compact from the same Brand "Guerlain" I can tell, for my combination skin, this is the best foundation I've ever felt beautiful with. LOL. It's light on the skin, give you a good coverage but you still look natural, It's a bit expensive but It's totally worth the money.

on 1/18/2016 6:38:00 AM

The best foundation ever. And I have really tried out many, many different foundations. This one works perfeclty for my combination mature skin. The color is perfect and it only takes a pea size amount of foundation to cover whole face and to get the even coloration and glowing skin. The price is high but one bottle lasts a long time so it is not too heavy on my budget. Highly recomended!