Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation
'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion FoundationGuerlain Lingerie De Peau'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 % - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I recently tried a generous sized sample of this beautiful foundation and loved it! I wasn't expecting much as I am a bit particular about foundations, but I was super surprised. The shade I had was Clair/No2, and I am quite fair (between the two lightest shades of Dior Forever). The finish is so natural and perfect- not too dewy/oily, not too matte, it just looks like better skin (more even and glowy). It is very light weight and the coverage is really only medium at best, but somehow it covers a lot more than I would expect from a medium coverage foundation. It can be well applied in layers for more coverage as well. Very confortable wear, though it doesn't last quite as long as I would like (not all day). I think I would repurchase this formula if I found it on offer somewhere.

on 11/5/2016 4:42:00 PM

When it first launched on the Sephora website, I was quite curious about this product because of the name. Lingerie de Peau sounds like something that would look natural, dewy and just overall beautiful. Which is exactly what I'm looking for in a foundation. I knew that it was quite expensive, so I asked for a sample first. I was able to use it at least 6-7 times since a little goes a long way. After trying it a couple of times, I finally decided to buy it for the 20% VIB Rouge sale... because as much as I hate the price, I love this foundation.
I have to admit that it breaks my heart to spend 69$CAD on a foundation that contains only 30 mL. Like I said... A little goes a long way so you don't necessarily waste a lot of product for nothing, but I'll let you be the judge of that.
I had some expectations about this product (of course, it's Guerlain), but I never thought it would be better than what I expected. First of all, let me say that I have oily/combination skin. With the winter coming up, my skin is drier, but my T-zone is still an oily mess. It is quite hard for me to find a foundation that will make me look dewy without turning oily 2 hours later (I’ll come to talk about it more in the following paragraph). I'm not a huge fan of matte skin, I believe it doesn't make me look good and I love seeing the natural glow of my skin. I’m not very fond of full coverage foundations either. I’d honestly prefer something buildable and if needed, use concealer on local areas. Fortunately, this foundation has a thin consistency and it is buildable. Light to medium would best describe the coverage. It is very lightweight as well and looks like skin! I always do one layer then a second layer if I have more problematic areas. I was also able to use multiple tools to apply this foundation and they all work very well but gave different results! I used my fingers, a regular foundation brush, a buffing brush, the Beauty Blender and some dupes. You just gotta find what works best for you. I feel that you need a little more product with a damp sponge though, but get a better result. In terms of consistency, coverage, finish, I think it is comparable to the Yves St-Laurent Touche Éclat Foundation, except that it’s 5$CAD less expensive. The shade 01W (Very Light Warm) is perfect for me. I'm usually around NC15-NC20. I LOVE the fact that they made shades for all 3 different undertones (Warm, cool and neutral). I just wish they would have something for people with darker skin.

I am fully aware that this foundation isn’t for everybody, so that’s why I looked up all the ingredients on CosDNA. I personally never experienced any redness or breakout with this product, but people with sensitive skin should probably stay away from it. The scent is definitely a soft floral, but nothing that is obnoxious (at least for me). I was just blown away by the amount of fragrance in this product. There are literally 5 types of fragrance in this: Perfume, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol and Alpha-isomethylionone. Butylphenyl Methylpropional was even found to be an allergen in some cases. All of those ingredients are pretty much at the end of the ingredient list so they are used in minimal doses, but still, be aware! If you go on Guerlain’s website, they are proud of mentioning the fragrance of this product. Guerlain is one of the oldest perfume company, so I can understand why… but WHY putting so much perfume when it is clearly a huge irritant? *facepalm*
Other than the shitload of fragrance in it, since it is a SPF20 foundation you can find Titanium Dioxide as the 6th ingredient, which is great!
Also, another good thing that probably explains why I’m not getting super-duper oily with this is that it’s almost oil-free. You can find Methyl Trimethicone, which is a volatile silicon oil. I don’t know if we could really describe this as an ‘’oil’’, but in most cases it is used as a solvent or/and emollient. Oil-free products usually last longer on my skin so that’s probably why I have no issue with the oily mess.

Overall, I just wish they wouldn’t put so much fragrance in it so people would probably be able to pull it off and offer darker shades. My final verdict is: yes I love this foundation and the healthy look it gives to my skin. It is (almost) everything I asked for if we forget about the fragrance issue. I would highly suggest that you ask for a sample before buying it! I know Sephora accepts open returns, but just for the sake of not returning it...

on 10/27/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Invisible yet oh so perfecting and hydrating. This is indeed like a second skin, only more beautiful. Lingerie de peau... moi je l' adore!

on 7/4/2016 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG. This is such an amazing foundation, I never seen something like this before. It is natural, completely, natural. You can't see the foundation on your skin, not even up close. But it does cover, quite well. It's no full coverage. Light/medium. But you can layer this, while still looking natural. It doesnt emphasises pores or lines.

I orderd it without sampeling it, and de colour is totally wrong (I ordered it in 13 rose natural) and while the colour looked good inside the (beautiful, glass) bottle, but it's too dark and to pink.
Still I was blown away by the results.

It sets, it stays, and you get a really nice soft focus with this. It's not complety matt, but it doesn't feel tacky or 'wet'. It's a dream to blend, silky powdery feeling.

Cause the colour is wrong I started mixing this with my teint idole, and the work amazing together. My exact skin colour, and cause of the more coverage teint idole offers, it looks even better. No pores, no powdery cake look.

It's really nice if you want a natural look, NOBODY can tell you're wearing foundation with this.
I dont even care about the price anymore. Def worth it.

Works great with all my primers and other products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Life is so unfair. This is a beautiful foundation that I can't wear, which I'll get to later.
This has medium buildable coverage. It has a natural matte finish. It's very liquidy and is practically idiot proof to apply. It goes on seamlessly without a primer. Basically no blending required. It lasts most of the day, definitely better than most. I set it with powder as I do with all foundations and it feels like skin.
My issue is the color range, which is narrow. They don't have a shade that even kind of matches me. The lightest shades are all very yellow or pink, no neutrals and quite dark. I'm pretty close to Oompa Loompa when I wear it. If they ever make a shade that matches me I'd wear it all the time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

On Paula's Choice they say that this is pretty decent for oily skin. Lies! This stuff separates really bad on my skin once the oil starts coming through, at only like the 4-hour mark. It looks pretty nice before then, and blends extremely well on the face even without primer, but if you have oily skin, nope. Doesn't work. It also broke me out, but I didn't take off a lippie for that because I feel like whether or not something breaks people out depends entirely on the person.

on 5/1/2016 2:32:00 PM

I have tried almost all the high end foundations (Chanel, Armani, Lancôme, Clarins, Kevin Aucoin, etc) and always went back to Chanel, until I tried this. It's amazing....it really just melts into skin on your face. Color stays put all day. It is more a light to medium coverage if you build it up. I love this stuff! I can see that there isn't a tremendous range of shades, I happened to luck out and have a shade match perfectly. It's expensive but they are all expensive...at that point I'm not going to choose based on 5-10 dollar difference.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible-Skin Fusion Makeup/Foundation

On the first day I applied the Guerlain makeup without primer. On the second day I tried the Guerlain makeup with a primer with oil. On the third day I tried the Guerlain makeup again without a primer. Why? The overall coverage naturally seemingly was better with a primer, but in my opinion the makeup looked much better/more natural/youthful on my face without it. Of course, I'm almost 70 and not 15!

According to others for someone with normal to nearly flawless skin like mine I don’t believe that one needs a primer. Again why? Because of skin care factors/considerations, Sisley, e.g., doesn’t make a primer nor do they recommend using a primer with their various makeups. Plus, all Sisley makeups, e.g., don’t have a sunscreen/any anti-UV filters. [SPF] If one needs a sunscreen I'd recommend applying it with one’s preferred moisturizer.

During the initial application of Guerlain makeup it goes on very easily with no discomfort whatsoever. Conversely it still feels as if I have makeup on my face; whereas, with my former Sisley Beige Clair 0 makeup, e.g., it didn’t feel as if I had any makeup on whatsoever. Of course, that lack of any makeup feel comes with a Sisley price point.

Bottom line: The Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Makeup is a very good makeup, but not my Holy Grail. Since I used a cream makeup for over 15+ years [Sisley Beige Clair 0] I'm undoubtedly a tad prejudiced when it comes to the feel or lack of any feel of a cream makeup versus a liquid. But I'm still testing prominent upscale liquid makeups.

Next up…the new Chanel Les Beiges Teint Belle Mine Naturelle Healthy Glow Foundation SPF 25 in 14 shades with Kalanchoe Pinnata Extract...it's an extract of the leaves of the kalanchoe, Kalanchoe pinnata, Crassulaceae . I’m going to try #12 beige rose first, and if it is possibly too light e.g., for my complexion I’m next going to try #21 Rose and then #22 beige rose next which are still relatively light but the shades are a tad darker. Please stay tuned. [Preliminary assessment the #12 was too light but beautiful, the #21 seems almost perfect and tomorrow I'm trying #22.]

Please also note I’ve indicated that I’d purchase this makeup, but in point of fact as annotated above I’m actually currently still undecided.

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I am around NC37/40 and I picked up the shade 04 beige moyen. One thing I noticed which I don't know if anyone else noticed was that when I first pump some foundation on to my hand it seems like a good beige colour and then when I apply it onto my face with a beauty blender the colour turns darker within couple minutes, so when I do apply this foundation it makes me look tanned which I'm not complaining about but I wasn't aware this foundation would oxidise. And this is my second bottle and it's doing the same oxidised thing so it can't be that it may have been from a faulty batch.
However the foundation gives a nice matte finish but it's got a little glow to it. A little goes a long way. Too much could make you end up looking cakey. Overall this is a great foundation, which many people fail to talk about!!

on 3/20/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been reluctant to purchase this because of the shade selection and because I'm oily combo and heard this may not suit me. I'm an olive undertone about Nc30. They all tend to run too pink or neutral. Even the neutral against a olive/yellow undertone looks pink. Anyway I picked up shade 03. Which is a tad too light but 04 was significantly darker and wouldn't suit through winter and also somewhat more pink.
I applied with a flat top kabuki. Just over one pump covered my entire face and neck. Coverage is a very high medium. Super blend able. No effort for application. Smoothed over my pores which can look problematic with the wrong foundation. Currently have little hormonal breakout and smoothed over them and covered them very well. Set itself to a matte finish which I was super surprised about. Gorgeous finish. good time to test because I feel my skin looks its worst just before that time of month and it brightened it, smoothed it and covered some pesky breakouts.
The colour isn't great. I'm used to my GA being the right undertone, my Koh Gen Do and Nars are the only ones that truly cater to olive undertones. But with a bit of bronzing and after it settled in, it worked out. Just note that the undertone isn't perfect whatsoever for yellow or Olive skin.
Wear time absolutely blew me away. I usually blot at the 3-4hour mark regardless of what foundations promise - my oily combo skin always wins and this really pushed to more near the 5 hour mark. I'm shocked. A bit of caking around the nose which I'm not pleased with but I blot that away. Seems to settle into the skins natural undertone better as it wears which is a relief because that is really the only downside to this foundation. Very pleased.
This does have a light scent like most luxurious brands so I'm confused why some reviewers even bother picking up a sample let alone buying it - the sales assistant should tell you this! I'm not bothered by it and enjoy it as its only slight and goes away straight after application. Price is not great $86 AUS but it is guerlain and you do get what you pay for here for sure. I would definately recommend picking up shade samples of unsure