Hoofer's Choice

Hoofer's Choice

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I always have had thin and weak nails and dry cuticles, even when I was a child. I am also recovering from wearing acrylics for 10 years.

After 6 weeks my nails are the longest and hardest they have ever been--ever. I wish I would have found this product years ago. Now I can give myself manicures and change my nail polish as often as I like without the nail salon hassle as well as the lifting and deteriorating of artificial nails.

I look down at my hands all the time and I am just shocked at how long and beautiful my nails are. Will be using forever and ever.

I have been using this with regular use of OPI Nail Envy, total miracle combination.

Pros: The Price, last long time, hardens nails
Cons: The smell, nails break easier and flake.

Used the rest on my feet and legs to get rid of it.

on 8/3/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have always had the worst cuticles: very dry, fast growing, need to be pushed back almost daily, cutting them just makes they grow faster. This is the only product I have ever tried that actually works. Apply at night before bed, push back once a week and they look good. That it works with once daily application is the best part for me. I tried Solar Oil but the multiple applications a day to get results was a pain. It does have a slightly medicinal smell, but it fades quickly.

on 1/1/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love this cream. Extremely moisturizing, great as an overnight cuticle treatment. Plus you get a lot of product for the money.I like applying this first and then a light oil to seal in moisture. Can be bought at Sallys at a very reasonable price.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have always had really bad cuticles. I use to trim them. I'm trying to avoid doing that since it isn't good for the cuticles in the long run and I always tend to over do it and nick myself. Instead I'm aiming to really moisturized them. I love this cream right before bed since it is on the heavier side. The smell is very pleasant not overpowering at all. It is also pretty inexpensive.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had issues with my nails and cuticles for years. I've tried SO many products I've lost count. I picked this up after seeing reviews here. I could barely read the ingredient list. After loiking at the list closer, I was disappointed to see 4 parabans and artificial color listed. I won't be using this now. Just another product fooling us girls into believing and buying.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Sally's for about three dollars. It comes in a plastic jar and has the consistency of Vick's vapor rub, with this having more of a waxy green scent that I dislike. It is amazing for my dry cuticles. It really helped to moisturize and plump up the skin on my hands. It also softens well and you only need to use a little bit so a jar will last you a long time. It does take a while to sink in so if you are using it on your hands make sure it is fully absorbed first. On my feet, it softens rough areas and keeps my feet sandal ready now that summer is here. I wish this had a better scent but luckily it doesn't linger too long. I would buy again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I recently stumbled across this top coat, and was I glad I did! Ok dokey Pros vs Cons Time! PROS: 1) Makes your manicures LAST. I had mine on for about a week and only experience very minimal chipping at the side of some of my nails, only visible if you look up close and again minimal wear at the tips. 2) It dries QUICK about 1 min. 3) Has a very nice very glossy finish that doesn't fade. 4) Doesn't distort the color of your nail polish. 5) Makes your nails stronger. 6) Very thin consistency, so a little goes a long way. 7) Very affordable, around $3-4, an amazing price considering how good the product works. 8) UV protection. CONS: 1) Weird applicator, the brush is pretty thin and the part where you hold it is like a little round cap. 2) Small bottle, contains 14 ml, wish it came in a bigger size. 3) After a while it gets goopy and gummy so it's a little difficult, not impossible, to work with. And that's about all I could think of. I don't know if it's Big 3 Free or if it is or isn't tested on animals. But overall a very good top coat I give 4.5 out of five. I really recommend it if you want a great top coat for cheap ;).

*EDIT: While this top coat is good, I've since moved onto other top coats that I find have worked better for me, the packaging and tendency to goop up isn't working for me :/

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Inexpensive and works great! So far I think this is the best cuticle and nail cream that I have used in my 20 or so yrs caring for my nails. This is a very thick cream almost like a balm that just melts into the cuticles. I have very dry rough cuticles so many of the products out there aren't effective on them. I don't particularly care for the cuticle oils because they don't seem to work as well and they tend to sit on the skin. The scent is great, not too girlie. The scent is menthol but fades away once it sinks into the skin. I use this 2-3x a day and it is really helping my nails stay hydrated and allowing them to grow better. My cuticles are soft and smooth as well. A 1oz jar is about $3.49 and sold at Sally Beauty Supply.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using Hard as Hoof for about a year now and it's been a miracle product for me. I love everything about it. When I found this Hoofer's Choice jar at Sally Beauty Supply, I felt compelled to buy it. I wanted to do a comparison of it to the HAH. Aside from the consistency and scent, this cream does exactly the same thing but for half the price. In Canada, Hard as Hoof is about $8 at Walmart and Sally's carries Hoofer's Choice for around $4. Both products moisturize my cuticles and nails while preventing peeling and helping my nails stay strong and long. I will definitely be re-purchasing both.

Top Rated Nails