Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean lotion

4.1

on 12/14/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I didn't like the scent my niece did so no I wouldn't recommended it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vanilla is starting to grow on me, but only when it is blended with other scents (see my reviews). Because vanilla by itself can smell just like vanilla extract (hello VS Vanilla Lace- YUCK!!!). But as soon as I smelled this, I knew I had a winner. It does smell a lot more wintery for me (Can't say I would wear it after January 15) but it is amazing. A perfect, simple vanilla note. It has a butterry finish, which I think is very unique and makes it stand out.

on 1/24/2010 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

warm and cozy
like to wear during winter or cold nights

I love this one. Especially in the wintertime and around holidays. It's a warm, cozy scent. I feel happy and relaxed when I wear this. I think this is definately a fall/winter scented lotion. Moisturizes very well too.

on 1/13/2006 12:07:00 AM

I bought this in Xmas 2003 mainly because of the hype and realized when I got home that I didn't really like it as it seemed too strong on the caramel note or something (can't remember quite what I didn't like about it). I was intending on returning it but I guess I never got around to it because today I found it (I still had the receipt taped to it!) and thought that it would definitely had gone off after 2 years. To my surprise it hadn't! After recently discovering LUSH's lovely Honey I Washed the Kids soap, I have been craving a vanilla-caramel-toffee scent in other body products, and VBN fits the description! The scent lasts for a few hours, which is great considering most of the BBW lotions I have don't. Now I don't have to search for a matching scent to LUSH's product. I'm surprised at how the scent is still good after 2 years and glad I didn't go back to BBW to return it :)

This is in my opinion one of the best scents by BBW. It is supposed to be vanilla with caramel scent and I think its just that! I love it! It lasts long and it is strong as most BBW scents do. It IS the EXACT same scent as the Sugared Shortbread from Christmas 2001. Just renamed. What people has to remember is that: it is just the lotion we are talking about here! The A.B. lotion, soap, splash, gels and so on smell totally different, a vanilla smell, but totally different, a more plain vanilla with plastic, heh.. So that is sad, there is no real matching products for this, even there are lots of products with the same scent name..

on 5/14/2004 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Meh- smells like a normal vanilla to me- even a bit candy-ish. Sometimes it smells annoyingly sweet. Otherwise just like any other bbw lotion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really don't like this smell. It smells too foody. More like vanilla frosting than anything else. It's kinda nauseating, unlike Warm Vanilla Sugar, which I *LOVE*.

on 1/18/2004 9:58:00 PM

A discontinued scent, unfortunately. This was much sweeter and less plasticky than Warm Vanilla Sugar. Oh, how I wish BBW brought this back...or at least made Vanilla Bean Noel a year-round scent!

on 1/15/2004 5:24:00 AM

This is my all-time favorite BBW scent. I love it. But they do not make it anymore. I purchase several bottles when they brought it back sometime last year. I'm stocked for a few years. =)

Popular Lotions / Creams