Ren ClearCalm Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser

Ren ClearCalm Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser

3.8

Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Water, Kaolin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Oryzanol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Zinc Gluconate, Bisabolol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Dehydroacetic Acid, Crataegus Oxyacantha Stem Extract, Glucose, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tocopherol. 2/12/11

on 12/10/2016 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm on the fence about this product and certainly wouldn't count on it as my only cleanser. Apart from not being able to remove makeup I don't feel my skin particularly clean after using it. Also it never seems to rinse off completely so a good toner is required.

Nevertheless I still enjoy using it; as a procedure it's unique and quite fun, its texture is pleasant to rub on the face and the scent is herbal and natural although some might find it pungent. What I like most is how even toned and calm my skin is left afterwards. Not drying at all, I haven't had any major breakouts since I started using it. That comes down to a combination of products and this seems to have contributed as well. I use it every morning or every other morning. The packaging is really thoughtful and the price isn't outrageous.

Bottom line; I find this product insufficient as a cleanser but very nice as a mini treatment between actual washes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for about a week now and I have to say it's doing its job. it is clearing up the acne on my chin and in the process calming the redness on my cheeks and some acne scars. it also does a great job at controlling oil. I'm hoping this is not just a honey moon phase and will continue to clear and calm my skin. I also use the clear calm gel cream at night which is a great product as well

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous cleanser - it's both a pleasure to use as well as quick to give results. The consistency is a creamy clay with a slightly herbal scent. I leave in on a minute or two for a mini mask session, and my skin is left feeling baby soft after rinsing the product off. It is wonderful at getting rid of bothersome congestion/whiteheads while soothing and softening the skin. Great for all skin types, and a must-have for those with acne-prone but dried out/dehydrated skin. HG material!

on 5/20/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ren ClearCalm Anti-Blemish Cleanser claims to combat the main causes of acne, and is said to be an antibacterial, detoxifying cleanser. I bought it a few months ago when I was suffering from annoying breakouts and none of the pharmacy/drugstore brands were doing anything for me. Whilst I still get the occasional spot here and there, I must say my breakouts are less frequent and angry than they used to be.
The cleanser has a smooth clay consistency, is easy to massage into the skin and has a mild herbal scent to it which I like. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and parched, and has not irritated it either. I use it as a morning cleanser and as a second cleanse after I remove my makeup.
However:
As the cleanser claims to combat excess sebum, I was a bit disappointed to see that it has done nothing for the clogged pores (a hazard of having oily skin) on my chin and forehead. It hasn't really penetrated deep into those pores and helped reduce the sebum, and I have paired the cleanser with the Ren Clarifying toner to no grand effect. For the price, I would expect it to show better results after several months of use.
It has however, kept my skin feeling cleaner and calmer, and I'm honestly not sure if I would buy it again. I might change the toner to see if it helps with my clogged pores and keep using the cleanser.
It's a good cleanser for those of you with sensitive acne prone skin, but results may vary from person to person. You get a good amount (150ml) in the bottle which should last you a long time, so some may argue that it is good value for money. Although it has helped somewhat with my acne, it lacks the wow factor which is why I would give it a rating of 3.5 (come on makeupalley, give us the decimal option!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I first started using this product I thought it was okay, not the best I could have done for my skin. I then bought a second tube for this because i needed one right away and didn't know what else to get. I have mild hormonal acne. I find that this cleanser does nothing for my skin. Almost a year of using this, and I see no change in my skin. I will be purchasing another cleanser from Lush probably for sure. This product also leaves my skin feeling very dry and flaky.
As for the packaging, I do not like it at all. When you can't pump out anymore, I still see a lot of product left. I would love it if they could change the packaging and have you be able to open it, and get out all the product that's left.
Overall, I did not like this product and will 100% not be repurchasing this.

on 2/7/2015 5:39:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for a year now. I picked it up during a time my skin was too oily (broke out from an Estee Lauder face powder I used) and this product was a saviour, it balanced it up straight away. It is ideal for my combination skin as it clears off all traces of make without drying it out. In fact after I use this my skin feels very refreshed, smooth and soft and has an amazing glow. It is not the cheapest cleanser out there but the results are well worth the price tag.

on 11/18/2014 9:54:00 PM

I'm just not sure about this product, I didn't initially love it or hate it but I wouldn't recommend anyone to rush out and by it.
I was expecting more because I had seen a lot of good reviews but when I used it I didn't see much of a difference. I think that I need to keep using it and over time my skin will be nice and clear but Iv definitely used products that I have seen much quicker results with. My HG's are Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser and Liz Earle Cleanse and polish, I know that they are totally different to this product because they are both creamy cleansers but they do seem to deliver better results in clearing up blemishes and they also leave the skin more fresh and bright. An other thing with this cleanser is that I don't feel like its very good at removing make-up or that it is even made for this purpose, so I haven't been using it much, what I think I will do is use it with an other cleanser first and then this after as a double cleanse and see. I will write back again with an update!

on 4/2/2014 9:38:00 PM

Ok, so I feel slightly disingenuous giving a five lippie review to a product that doesn't perform its advertised job very well. If you wear makeup, this is not a great (or even good) cleanser. I'd only recommend using this as a cleanser if you're not wearing makeup (I use it in the morning).

Where this product really shines is when used as a treatment or mask. It really calms down acne inflammation and general redness. After just five minutes, my skin looks noticeably more even, clean, calm, and if any cysts are present, they actually feel slightly less painful. These results improve the longer I leave it on (sometimes up to 30 minutes, or longer as a spot treatment). It's extremely gentle and has never caused the dryness or tightness that I often experience from other clay based masks. Nothing else visibly calms my skin down so quickly (including the widely praised aspirin mask). I have repurchased this three times now and although it has not cured my adult acne (which is hormonal anyway) it has been very helpful in making things more manageable.

Bottom line: I really feel that REN's product development team did this product a disservice by choosing to market it as a cleanser. They should really make it just slightly thicker and rebrand it as a mask so customers are not so disappointed when they spend $30 on a cleanser that doesn't take off their makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I got this cleanser about 3 months ago and have just finished it. I really wanted to like it as it didn't strip my skin dry but I think I will pass on the next bottle. The packaging is a bit lousy in a way that there is some more of it left in the bottle but you just can't pump it out no matter what and I just couldn't open up the bottle....so that's a big waste of money. I felt that it initially was ok and although there was some oily residue left on the face which could be removed with lots of warm water, it gradually started to break out my skin with cystic spots after using it for about 1-2 months. I think Ren needs to tweak the ingredients for this cleanser to make it work.

on 3/7/2014 9:47:00 AM

This thick cleanser felt very creamy but that's the only good thing I have to say about it. I have never used a cleanser like this before as I normally prefer a foaming cleanser. My skin is very dry on my cheeks and undereye area but very oily and prone to breakouts on my chin and nose. I don't like the way that this cleanser has to be massaged into the skin for a couple of minutes, I much prefer a quicker process.

My skin did not feel stripped afterwards but it also didn't feel completely clean as there was some sort of film left on my skin. I do wear long-lasting foundation and this cleanser did not remove it. After cleansing and rinsing, when I dry my face on a towel I ended up with it covered in residual makeup so I can tell that it doesn't clean my face properly. I have had a couple of minor breakouts in the week that I have been using this, probably caused my the cleanser not removing 100% of my makeup.

I only have a sample size of this which I will use up, but I definitely will not purchase a full size.