LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust
Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.9

on 3/13/2017 8:31:00 PM

I have this in the solid form bc I tend to get trigger happy with perfumes. A little of this goes a longggg way. Over apply and yes, you will smell like a urinal cake. I use one dab only. I put it on one wrist, transfer to the other wrist, then rub the excess behind my ears. That's all you need. It lasts for hours and hours. It's a warm musky jasmine, and incredibly sexy. The name implies sex appeal, but I didn't just buy into marketing. I know that because I tested this in store like 10 times before I decided it was good enough to buy. Bc of the urinal cake thing. I would smell the remnants on my sleeves days and days later and be like ooooo what is that?? Then kick myself for not buying it... Every time.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Review is for the liquid version.
I always hated this perfume. I would try it again and again when i walked into the store--the solid and liquid forms both--over the years. I would just HATE it and wash it off. It made me angry that it was so horrible despite claiming to smell like jasmine! It smelt like newly-made roads, and rotten flowers, or sometimes petroleum, and maybe even poo!

Then I didn't wash it off, left it on, and about 30 minutes later I kept getting wafts of soft, vanilla + jasmine + slightly tea-like scent.

Turns out on the skin, the disgusting opening notes go away, albeit after 30 minutes or so! Bit too linear maybe. I have also asked people to honestly let me know whether they could smell the disgustingness that is so evident at the beginning, after a couple of hours' wear--and they just thought it was soft and pleasant. I have some very honest people in my circle, so I trust them. I guess it's not just that my sense of smell whimpered after a 30 minute battle with the souring notes.
Nobody, including myself, could detect the initial vomitrocious (word coined from Arthur the kids' show) cloud that is so prominent at the start.

It's still jasmine with several exclamation marks, but not putrid jasmine. On my skin, vanilla is what comes out and the jasmine mellows considerably. I'm thinking this would be a good one to layer with a softer scent.

Only two stars because you can better quality jasmine itrs at this price too, you just have to know where to look. A good quality jasmine itr would smell fresh, and less poo-like.

I am sure they got a really good deal on rancid jasmine oil from the supplier, and decided to use it, and call the end result 'dirty/sexy'!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells nice. Not too feminine and not to masculine. It's a happy medium. It lasts a few hours too, which is nice. Not really sure how to describe the scent- it's not floral, not fruity. Smells a little spicy.

Lust is a bright, Jasmine scent from Lush which comes in both solid and liquid forms. I am reviewing the solid version of this perfume.

Lust is my favourite perfume from Lush and my signature scent. It is a very sexy, sensual, bright, Jasmine however it smells very natural and not at all synthetic or chemically.
The perfume comes in a small tin with a screw-cap and you need to apply it to your wrists/neck/wherever you want it with your finger. This is actually an improvement of Lush's solid perfume packaging as the previous push-up tube style was fiddly and caused the product to melt. The perfume itself is a red colour, but does not show up red when applied. The scent lasts for a very long time and is very strong when applied. It is a very alluring scent and one that will leave an impression on almost everyone you meet. It is definitely my favourite perfume. A++

I got the solid version in a small tin at $16 in Singapore. The smell reminds me of the LUSH Godiva solid shampoo that I used years ago. So it's a nostalgic scent for me. I love jasmine/oriental scents in general as I find the musky smoky scent mysterious, unique and exotic.

This solid balm has very good staying power and the smell doesn't turn sour over time.

Recently I developed a skin allergy to perfume sprays. So far, my skin doesn't react to this! At $16 it's a good purchase, very reasonable price as the solid can last a long time I think.

The tin is convenient, just pop it into your bag and touch up whenever you want! 2-3 swipes on the surface is all you need to perfume your wrist and the area behind your ears.

on 9/23/2014 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite scent. In the world. It is so sexy!! It is definitely strong on immediate spray, but within an hour, it dials back to be a perfect warm, cozy perfume. I spray it immediately after my morning shower, so by the time I'm at work (2 hours later), it smells just right!

My children all love the smell on me (I love this - my mom has a special smell too that I just adore and brings up good memories every time I smell her ... hope that's what this perfume is for my kids).

It is jasmine absolute, so a muskier deeper fragrance than jasmine gardenis (spelling?). It's not light and floral, but heady and dark. It wears so well, really all day long without fading. I can't say enough amazing things about this perfume honestly.

I am not a perfume aficionado, so I don't know how to describe this perfume in the "right" way :)

on 8/14/2014 4:46:00 PM

I wanted to love this, a no-holds-barred unabashedly jasmine jasmine, but alas I can't do it. Each time I've sampled this I've sprayed myself once in the shop and then gone for a walk. It's just too over-the-top indolic to be fit for public consumption. The last sampling session, I brought my husband with me, and he was literally repelled by me for the next hour or so. Like literally pushing me away and embarrassed that I was in public reeking of Lust. I wear a lot of weird scents but none has provoked such a strong reaction. If you love this scent (and I enjoy a little jasmine but waaaay dialled down from this) then do the public a favour and bask in its glory at home!!

on 8/3/2014 7:04:00 PM

I really love the solid version of Lush's "Lust" perfume. The main notes are jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, vanilla and sandalwood. I am not usually one for floral perfumes, but I rubbed this on my wrists and found that the effect with my chemistry is that it is lightly sweet, warm and complex. I purchased it a couple of days ago and find that just a dab on my wrists well blended and rubbed into my neck is perfection. Just enough to smell and feel sexy and confident without having people be able to smell me from a mile away. The price is $10.95 which I feel is very reasonable - particularly in comparison with other perfumes. I'm a little conflicted about the packaging. It looks cute and travels well. I also find it very useable. The salesperson at my local Lush showed me what to do so that I don't accidently "push up" too much product. I would definitely prefer a twist up version of the packaging though. Overall 4/5.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Two words best describes this: STRONG and FLORAL

I adore this perfume. It is all heavy, luscious floral notes with no chemical afterburn. It's like dipping your head into a blooming Jasmine shrubbery with secondary notes of rose, vanilla and sandlewood. This stuff packs a hell of a punch, so one spray rubbed behind the ears and on the wrist is all you need. The smell is almost overpowering when applied but it mellows out nicely within the hour and lasts throughout the day (It interacts with my body chemistry well but this may not be the case with someone else, so you may want to buy the tiny bottle before commiting to the larger one).

I hate most perfumes, especially strong ones because I get an allergic reaction but I am crazy about this one and it doesn't give me the sniffles!

I know that it's not cheap, but most perfumes are expensive anyway so you might as well splurge on a great one. The packaging is nothing special but when it comes to perfume it can come in a 99 cent spray bottle for all I care.

on 5/30/2014 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been in love with Lush's Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner, and was SOOOO happy to find this perfume, because it smells almost identical on me!

I am not crazy about the scent on initial application, since it has a very strong plastic-y smell to me. But that wears off within a minute or so. Longevity on me is very good, as I can smell it the next morning as i wake up :-)

Packaging wise, I am not crazy about it, but given how affordable it is, I'll take take the generic, no-frills packaging.

If you like Happy Happy Joy Joy, or a sophisticated take on Gardenia, give this one a sniff.

Popular Fragrances