LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust
Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.4

on 5/7/2016 2:14:00 AM

I bought this because I just love the Godiva shampoo bar for it's scent and I told the Sales Lady that it would be nice if I could have a perfume that smells like that... she showed me this and I immediately bought it.

The price was OK, but now from a perspective I wish I had bought a smaller size of this because I would waste less money... The packaging of the full size was so appealing to me that I grabbed it.

Loved the scent. Definitely strong, long lasting and can be overpowering if you are not careful with it and put too much... Which in this case too much is more than one spray.
Definitely would last for a long time.

I was told to spray directly onto my skin especially because it may stain clothing due to it's orange coloring.

After couple of uses I started having an awful allergic reaction to this. A painful, itchy rash appeared wherever this touched my body. It took me a while to figure out that it's being caused by the perfume as I am not allergic to anything and I was never sensitive to body sprays and perfumes. My husband sprayed this on the inside of his wrist and said that as it was drying he experienced a burning sensation and had to wash it off right away.

I will not be using this nor do I recommend this spray. It's a shame because it also deterred me from using my favorite Godiva shampoo... I just don't want this or anything that smells similar anywhere near my body.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Review is for the liquid version.
I always hated this perfume. I would try it again and again when i walked into the store--the solid and liquid forms both--over the years. I would just HATE it and wash it off. It made me angry that it was so horrible despite claiming to smell like jasmine! It smelt like newly-made roads, and rotten flowers, or sometimes petroleum, and maybe even poo!

Then I didn't wash it off, left it on, and about 30 minutes later I kept getting wafts of soft, vanilla + jasmine + slightly tea-like scent.

Turns out on the skin, the disgusting opening notes go away, albeit after 30 minutes or so! Bit too linear maybe. I have also asked people to honestly let me know whether they could smell the disgustingness that is so evident at the beginning, after a couple of hours' wear--and they just thought it was soft and pleasant. I have some very honest people in my circle, so I trust them. I guess it's not just that my sense of smell whimpered after a 30 minute battle with the souring notes.
Nobody, including myself, could detect the initial vomitrocious (word coined from Arthur the kids' show) cloud that is so prominent at the start.

It's still jasmine with several exclamation marks, but not putrid jasmine. On my skin, vanilla is what comes out and the jasmine mellows considerably. I'm thinking this would be a good one to layer with a softer scent.

Only two stars because you can better quality jasmine itrs at this price too, you just have to know where to look. A good quality jasmine itr would smell fresh, and less poo-like.

I am sure they got a really good deal on rancid jasmine oil from the supplier, and decided to use it, and call the end result 'dirty/sexy'!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells nice. Not too feminine and not to masculine. It's a happy medium. It lasts a few hours too, which is nice. Not really sure how to describe the scent- it's not floral, not fruity. Smells a little spicy.

You have to really like jasmine in order to love this. I personally can't handle this at all it's too strong and it can be overpowering.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is full on Jasmine - if you like Flying Fox (which is a personal fav. of mine!) you will love this fragrance. It lasts most of the day.. goes on a little strong, but settles nicely. I adore this perfume.. will buy it again and again.

on 8/7/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow this is a gorgeous sparkling jasmine tea like scent and i dont even like fragrances that are predominantly jasmine based with the indoles - yuk!

This review is for the solid stick and i adore this scent which lasts all night on me. Incredible for a solid perfume that cost me only 5 and more sillage than my expensive fragrances!!

The red colour has been toned down so i have no problem with staining.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good god, they weren't wrong when they called this Gorilla perfume!. I purchased the large, highest concentration bottle blind, based on my love for Flying Fox Shower Gel. The gel is quite intoxicating, I just love the jasmine and warm honey in the shower, the smell afterwards on the skin is very relaxing and pleasant. Used as a shampoo, the scent lasts for several hours. Lust closely resembles Flying Fox though minus some of that lovely mellow honey, but boy the concentration is really amped up. One spray is powerful and lasts all day....perhaps I should have purchased the lower concentration version because over application will be headache inducing. I doubt I will ever need to repurchase this powerhouse of a fragrance and would recommend trying out the various concentrations before purchasing. Still, a great jasmine scent.

i was a bit worried about this smelling a little 'pungent' as sometimes lush can smell a little bit too natural and earthy! i tried lush spray perfume and could smell it on the cuffs and collar of my jackets weeks later. also the day i sprayed it, i went into the local boots after and the women serving me said i smelt fantastic! i explained it wasnt from there and was from lush! i dont get loads of comments and a wear other perfumes regularly. then a woman sat next to me on the bus and kept talking to me! it certainly seemed to attract attention to me, albeit in my case, from the wrong sex!! so ive never actually purchased yet and did feel lush was very pricey esp for perfume, but if the boots women commented who had obviously smelt a lot of perfumes, it must be good! with regard to flying fox mentioned in other review, it smells incredible and so does bathroom after. also, the other reviewer commented on body cream. ive added a few drops of jasmine essential oil to a fragrance free body cream and this works quite well

on 10/18/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

smells exactly like lush's GODIVA shampoo bar. i was telling the SA about how much i loved the fragrance of the shampoo and she told me they made a fragrance like that now. smells lovely, but note to perfume junkies, not the most complex of fragrances- what you see is what you get

Popular Fragrances