LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/24/2012 11:25:00 PM

I think Lush are too generous with the essential/ perfume oils in their Gorilla Perfumes!

I recently bought the Gorilla perfume set that contained: Vanillary, Imogen Rose, Tuca Tuca, Lust, The Smell of Freedom, Orange Blossom, Breath of God and Karma. After a happy opening and smelling session with my daughter and a friend I felt seriously nauseous. I went online to see if anyone had developed the same reaction. Itís been really good to read the mixed reception to these scents on your Blog.

Iíve loved buying both synthetic scents and essential oils to use and experiment with since the 80ís, when I worked in the Body Shop. Since then Iíve often bought concentrate essential oils that should only be handled wearing rubber gloves. Cedarwood, Pine and Petitgain are wonderful oils when diluted in a bath or massage oil, but they smell as harsh as toilet freshener when encountered as concentrates. Some rather frank descriptions online of the Gorilla Perfumes encouraged me to don the rubber gloves and dilute my Lush Gorilla concentrates. I filled a 500ml spray bottle with water and added 1/5 of a phial of Orange Blossom. The transformation was a very pleasant surprise; I would now describe Orange Blossom as containing a very generous helping of Neroli. As someone who enjoys Neroliís cologne like qualities, this provides a very refreshing backdrop to the less dominant scents of Ylang Ylang and Orange flower which slowly emerge through a screen of Rosewood.

I will continue to explore the Gorilla Perfumes. They arenít imitating fashion scents - which I like, but they do appear to contain a high percentage of essential/ perfume oils. Iíd urge anyone who buys the Gorilla Perfumes to dilute them first (while wearing rubber gloves) because the concentrate scents linger on your hands for several hours.

Popular Fragrances