LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust
Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.8

on 3/13/2017 8:31:00 PM

I have this in the solid form bc I tend to get trigger happy with perfumes. A little of this goes a longggg way. Over apply and yes, you will smell like a urinal cake. I use one dab only. I put it on one wrist, transfer to the other wrist, then rub the excess behind my ears. That's all you need. It lasts for hours and hours. It's a warm musky jasmine, and incredibly sexy. The name implies sex appeal, but I didn't just buy into marketing. I know that because I tested this in store like 10 times before I decided it was good enough to buy. Bc of the urinal cake thing. I would smell the remnants on my sleeves days and days later and be like ooooo what is that?? Then kick myself for not buying it... Every time.

on 5/7/2016 2:14:00 AM

I bought this because I just love the Godiva shampoo bar for it's scent and I told the Sales Lady that it would be nice if I could have a perfume that smells like that... she showed me this and I immediately bought it.

The price was OK, but now from a perspective I wish I had bought a smaller size of this because I would waste less money... The packaging of the full size was so appealing to me that I grabbed it.

Loved the scent. Definitely strong, long lasting and can be overpowering if you are not careful with it and put too much... Which in this case too much is more than one spray.
Definitely would last for a long time.

I was told to spray directly onto my skin especially because it may stain clothing due to it's orange coloring.

After couple of uses I started having an awful allergic reaction to this. A painful, itchy rash appeared wherever this touched my body. It took me a while to figure out that it's being caused by the perfume as I am not allergic to anything and I was never sensitive to body sprays and perfumes. My husband sprayed this on the inside of his wrist and said that as it was drying he experienced a burning sensation and had to wash it off right away.

I will not be using this nor do I recommend this spray. It's a shame because it also deterred me from using my favorite Godiva shampoo... I just don't want this or anything that smells similar anywhere near my body.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This. Is. The. Worse.

I do not know how people think this smells nice, nor do I wish to know. This is akin to sewage water_seriously. Good sewage that has been there for weeks, not the fresh type.

I was given both the solid and liquid forms. I was very excited because I always wanted a Lush perfume but now I know they smell worse than sweat. I don't understand how all the other products can be so good and then there's this awful selection of poopyness.

Smells bad, do not like, not much wow recommend not.

The only + is I love the packaging.

on 10/23/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this scent but the red dye has to go. My mother sprays perfume on her curtains and around the house as an air freshener and the curtains are ruined as well as the carpet on the stairs. A PERFUME has no need for any dyes!

Lust is a bright, Jasmine scent from Lush which comes in both solid and liquid forms. I am reviewing the solid version of this perfume.

Lust is my favourite perfume from Lush and my signature scent. It is a very sexy, sensual, bright, Jasmine however it smells very natural and not at all synthetic or chemically.
The perfume comes in a small tin with a screw-cap and you need to apply it to your wrists/neck/wherever you want it with your finger. This is actually an improvement of Lush's solid perfume packaging as the previous push-up tube style was fiddly and caused the product to melt. The perfume itself is a red colour, but does not show up red when applied. The scent lasts for a very long time and is very strong when applied. It is a very alluring scent and one that will leave an impression on almost everyone you meet. It is definitely my favourite perfume. A++

LOVE this fragrance. yes, it is an acquired taste - but so are a lot of lush fragrances. i personally love karma and this ranks up there with karma for me. it is a very 'old' nostalgic scent. it is quite heavy, very powerful and lingers. you really have to test this out to see if it works with your body chemistry but if it does, you're onto a winner. it is such an atmospheric scent reminds me of hot, humid summers - definitely a summer fragrance for me. obviously the main note is jasmine so you have to like that to love this fragrance. really intoxicating, quite hippie like and so different to anything you'd find in the normal fragrance aisle! i don't think there is patchouli in this but it does remind me of karma and patchouli. really unique, i'm sold :]

I got the solid version in a small tin at $16 in Singapore. The smell reminds me of the LUSH Godiva solid shampoo that I used years ago. So it's a nostalgic scent for me. I love jasmine/oriental scents in general as I find the musky smoky scent mysterious, unique and exotic.

This solid balm has very good staying power and the smell doesn't turn sour over time.

Recently I developed a skin allergy to perfume sprays. So far, my skin doesn't react to this! At $16 it's a good purchase, very reasonable price as the solid can last a long time I think.

The tin is convenient, just pop it into your bag and touch up whenever you want! 2-3 swipes on the surface is all you need to perfume your wrist and the area behind your ears.

on 11/7/2012 8:44:00 PM

This is a hilariously bad perfume on me. I like jasmine but this is not the sweet warm creamy jasmine on me, it is sharp and just off. Maybe it is my chemistry, not sure. This is the only perfume that my boyfriend has ever disliked on me, so if you are looking for something that all men love, this might not be it. And he likes jasmine! I think the off part of it might be the ylang ylang.The best quality of it is the lasting power and strength. I used two sprays and it was very strong and lasted all day. So try before you buy, and if it works for you, congrats, you have found something with lasting power that is pretty affordable!

on 9/18/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got this because I was in love with the flying fox shower gel, and was told Lust is very similar in scent. And it really is! I got the solid perfume because I figured I could carry it around in my purse, and could subtly reapply it when I was out without people noticing. I personally am very happy with it, but some people hate it! My father smelled it, not knowing it was on me, and asked my mom if she had "stepped in something". He said the smell reminded him of a urinal cake, which I guess is something they have in mens public bathrooms? Anyway, not a pleasant comparison, and made me think twice before wearing it again. The smell is very strong, which I love, and the staying power is good. It's kind of greasy, I only use a little though, it goes a long way. The label on the packaging just kind of rubs off, and I wish it was a twist up rather than having to push it up to get to the product. I love the concept of solid perfumes, probably won't repurchase this though.

on 8/8/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Lush Lust is jasmine grandiflorum pure and simple - gorgeous and inspiring! Very high vibratory. The way I remember "headshop" jasmine, with a few other subtle notes in the base, and high quality ingredients. Sometimes indolic on me, other times not. I got the solid rollup for starters, but this juice is full bottle worthy for me. Excellent with Lush Orange Blossom next to it - gorgeous together. Bring on the jasmine - absolutely intoxicating!

Popular Fragrances