LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

Gorilla Perfume - Lust

on 10/18/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

smells exactly like lush's GODIVA shampoo bar. i was telling the SA about how much i loved the fragrance of the shampoo and she told me they made a fragrance like that now. smells lovely, but note to perfume junkies, not the most complex of fragrances- what you see is what you get

on 2/11/2013 8:51:00 PM

Just a big fan of Jasmine. It's hard to find a perfume that smells like pure Jasmine, but this one definitely is. I got the solid perfume one and I love it. But I wish it would last longer!~

on 5/15/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Well, I'm more so partial to higher end perfumes but I just love Lust. It's loud, obnoxious, smoldering, and definatly not a pretty fragrance but I just adore it. I use it more so like aromatherapy. If I'm feeling stressed out, moody, or a little low I spray this and it instantly gives me a jolt of positive energy. I also like wearing this to bed. Definatly an interesting scent worth trying out. We need a Lust Massage Bar Lush!

on 2/6/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is indolic jasmine dialed right up to the nth degree. It's sharp, biting Jasmin Jasmin Jasmin...& did I say you get Jasmin? I love Jasmin but Lust never settles down on my skin. It never really melds with my body. This is Jasmin with claws & unfortunately she never sheaths them.

EDIT: Two hours later this dried down to a warm, sensual less screechy Jasmin. Very sexy but you'd have to be patient. I'll add one star for the sexy dry down but it loses points because of the scary 2hr wait for it to mellow out

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my all-time favourite perfume and my signature scent. I am not particularly fond of mainstream perfumes (celebrity, designer etc) because I find the sillage isn't that impressive on my skin and also because many of them all smell the same to me - overwhelmingly sweet, fruity/floral and very girly.

This is a divine smelling dirty and warm jasmine scent that comes through strongly on my skin. This doesn't smell indolic, sensual or sexy on me at all - it's sophisticated and more grown up than other floral perfumes because it's not sickly sweet. It's extremely overpowering and heady when applied at first but mellows out into a sweeter jasmine after an hour. Personally, I love the initial smell I can't really smell any of the other notes (ylang ylang, rose, sandalwood, vanilla) because the jasmine is so dominant. This has amazing sillage and is one of my most long-lasting perfumes (along with Lush's 'Sikkim Girls'). It lasts for 7-8 hours and I can still smell it at the end of the day.

A warning I'll like to give: as other reviewers have previously stated, it does leave a light red stain so I suggest spraying it onto bare skin or dark clothes.

I am on my second bottle of the 10ml spritz. A 10ml spritz lasts me 4 months. To date, this is the only perfume I have ever repurchased and the only perfume I've ever finished. It's always with me whenever I go out. My friends (guys and girls) all adore this perfume on me after it's mellowed. Surprisingly, most friends think I smell like milk tea. Very few can smell the sweet jasmine top note. "I smelt bubble tea after you walked in. Did you have Easyway or ChaTime? Was that you? I want some! " Easily my best compliment to date. I highly appreciate this scent on 20 year-old me. For me, this stand-out scent is the perfume equivalent of an engima, wrapped in a riddle and surrounded by mystery. Its flirty, bold and alluring scent delivers for me and I will always have this niche scent in my collection.

Popular Fragrances