LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust
Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.8

on 3/13/2017 8:31:00 PM

I have this in the solid form bc I tend to get trigger happy with perfumes. A little of this goes a longggg way. Over apply and yes, you will smell like a urinal cake. I use one dab only. I put it on one wrist, transfer to the other wrist, then rub the excess behind my ears. That's all you need. It lasts for hours and hours. It's a warm musky jasmine, and incredibly sexy. The name implies sex appeal, but I didn't just buy into marketing. I know that because I tested this in store like 10 times before I decided it was good enough to buy. Bc of the urinal cake thing. I would smell the remnants on my sleeves days and days later and be like ooooo what is that?? Then kick myself for not buying it... Every time.

on 1/6/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have the 1 oz perfume spray. My husband, who is damned close to being "nose-blind" loves this stuff like it's the only fragrance worth smelling, ever. It IS sexual, and it's also the most realistic perfume I've ever encountered. Outstanding and absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe the reasonable price for this! I'm from Southern California, so the smell of jasmine is a part of my being. Jasmine grows everywhere...parking lots, freeways, backyards, and gardens. Sometimes, heading West on the 10 toward Santa Monica, the scent of jasmine is heavy enough to perfume car exhaust, and unrelenting air pollution. It starts blooming in a rush, in February, making the air absolutely intoxicating. My gardens have bloomed with Pink Jasmine (Jasminum polyanthum), Star Jasmine (Jasminum multiflorum), Arabian Jasmine (Jasminum sambac), Night-Blooming Jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum), Yellow Jasmine (Gelsemium semperviren), Spanish Jasmine (Jasminum grandiflorum), and "common" Jasmine (Jasminum officinale). As much as I love jasmine, I rarely wear jasmine perfumes. They usually smell "off" on me, or unpleasant, or, frankly "head-shoppy". Some reviewers perceive Lust as this humid, asphalt-like Jasmine Sambac (also known as Sampaguita). Other reviewers describe Lust as "vulgar", "unrefined", "smoky", "indolic"...which suggest Lust smells like a "dirty" jasmine...again, the gardenia-like scent I associate with Arabian Jasmine (sambac). This is fascinating to me, and it makes me love Lust perfume even more. It seemed impossible to actually capture the scent I know as jasmine...but when I smell Lust, my nose tells my brain to think "common" or Poet's Jasmine. Common jasmine has fluffy, delicate, white, 5-petaled flowers that release their scent at dusk, as the sun slides to the edge of the ocean. Lust is an exultant, amazing actualization of this bewitching aura. Lust isn't a concept or a recollection of jasmine, i.e. Michael Kors Glam Jasmine, or Alien. It's narcotic, pure, and very sweet; closer to A La Nuit. It's a honeysuckle-type jasmine scent (Jasminum officinale). It smells alive. Lust is the perfume I'm wearing when everyone around me turns their heads to see if the windows are open. Lust is a masterpiece for me.

on 5/7/2016 2:14:00 AM

I bought this because I just love the Godiva shampoo bar for it's scent and I told the Sales Lady that it would be nice if I could have a perfume that smells like that... she showed me this and I immediately bought it.

The price was OK, but now from a perspective I wish I had bought a smaller size of this because I would waste less money... The packaging of the full size was so appealing to me that I grabbed it.

Loved the scent. Definitely strong, long lasting and can be overpowering if you are not careful with it and put too much... Which in this case too much is more than one spray.
Definitely would last for a long time.

I was told to spray directly onto my skin especially because it may stain clothing due to it's orange coloring.

After couple of uses I started having an awful allergic reaction to this. A painful, itchy rash appeared wherever this touched my body. It took me a while to figure out that it's being caused by the perfume as I am not allergic to anything and I was never sensitive to body sprays and perfumes. My husband sprayed this on the inside of his wrist and said that as it was drying he experienced a burning sensation and had to wash it off right away.

I will not be using this nor do I recommend this spray. It's a shame because it also deterred me from using my favorite Godiva shampoo... I just don't want this or anything that smells similar anywhere near my body.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Review is for the liquid version.
I always hated this perfume. I would try it again and again when i walked into the store--the solid and liquid forms both--over the years. I would just HATE it and wash it off. It made me angry that it was so horrible despite claiming to smell like jasmine! It smelt like newly-made roads, and rotten flowers, or sometimes petroleum, and maybe even poo!

Then I didn't wash it off, left it on, and about 30 minutes later I kept getting wafts of soft, vanilla + jasmine + slightly tea-like scent.

Turns out on the skin, the disgusting opening notes go away, albeit after 30 minutes or so! Bit too linear maybe. I have also asked people to honestly let me know whether they could smell the disgustingness that is so evident at the beginning, after a couple of hours' wear--and they just thought it was soft and pleasant. I have some very honest people in my circle, so I trust them. I guess it's not just that my sense of smell whimpered after a 30 minute battle with the souring notes.
Nobody, including myself, could detect the initial vomitrocious (word coined from Arthur the kids' show) cloud that is so prominent at the start.

It's still jasmine with several exclamation marks, but not putrid jasmine. On my skin, vanilla is what comes out and the jasmine mellows considerably. I'm thinking this would be a good one to layer with a softer scent.

Only two stars because you can better quality jasmine itrs at this price too, you just have to know where to look. A good quality jasmine itr would smell fresh, and less poo-like.

I am sure they got a really good deal on rancid jasmine oil from the supplier, and decided to use it, and call the end result 'dirty/sexy'!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly was looking forward to going to lush for he first time, but I have to admit I was looking forward to trying this. I personally think that this smell kind of stunk? I just hated he smell, but maybe it is just me. Otherwise I love lush and its products!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells nice. Not too feminine and not to masculine. It's a happy medium. It lasts a few hours too, which is nice. Not really sure how to describe the scent- it's not floral, not fruity. Smells a little spicy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This. Is. The. Worse.

I do not know how people think this smells nice, nor do I wish to know. This is akin to sewage water_seriously. Good sewage that has been there for weeks, not the fresh type.

I was given both the solid and liquid forms. I was very excited because I always wanted a Lush perfume but now I know they smell worse than sweat. I don't understand how all the other products can be so good and then there's this awful selection of poopyness.

Smells bad, do not like, not much wow recommend not.

The only + is I love the packaging.

on 10/23/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this scent but the red dye has to go. My mother sprays perfume on her curtains and around the house as an air freshener and the curtains are ruined as well as the carpet on the stairs. A PERFUME has no need for any dyes!

Lust is a bright, Jasmine scent from Lush which comes in both solid and liquid forms. I am reviewing the solid version of this perfume.

Lust is my favourite perfume from Lush and my signature scent. It is a very sexy, sensual, bright, Jasmine however it smells very natural and not at all synthetic or chemically.
The perfume comes in a small tin with a screw-cap and you need to apply it to your wrists/neck/wherever you want it with your finger. This is actually an improvement of Lush's solid perfume packaging as the previous push-up tube style was fiddly and caused the product to melt. The perfume itself is a red colour, but does not show up red when applied. The scent lasts for a very long time and is very strong when applied. It is a very alluring scent and one that will leave an impression on almost everyone you meet. It is definitely my favourite perfume. A++

LOVE this fragrance. yes, it is an acquired taste - but so are a lot of lush fragrances. i personally love karma and this ranks up there with karma for me. it is a very 'old' nostalgic scent. it is quite heavy, very powerful and lingers. you really have to test this out to see if it works with your body chemistry but if it does, you're onto a winner. it is such an atmospheric scent reminds me of hot, humid summers - definitely a summer fragrance for me. obviously the main note is jasmine so you have to like that to love this fragrance. really intoxicating, quite hippie like and so different to anything you'd find in the normal fragrance aisle! i don't think there is patchouli in this but it does remind me of karma and patchouli. really unique, i'm sold :]

Popular Fragrances