LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.8

on 5/7/2016 2:14:00 AM

I bought this because I just love the Godiva shampoo bar for it's scent and I told the Sales Lady that it would be nice if I could have a perfume that smells like that... she showed me this and I immediately bought it.

The price was OK, but now from a perspective I wish I had bought a smaller size of this because I would waste less money... The packaging of the full size was so appealing to me that I grabbed it.

Loved the scent. Definitely strong, long lasting and can be overpowering if you are not careful with it and put too much... Which in this case too much is more than one spray.
Definitely would last for a long time.

I was told to spray directly onto my skin especially because it may stain clothing due to it's orange coloring.

After couple of uses I started having an awful allergic reaction to this. A painful, itchy rash appeared wherever this touched my body. It took me a while to figure out that it's being caused by the perfume as I am not allergic to anything and I was never sensitive to body sprays and perfumes. My husband sprayed this on the inside of his wrist and said that as it was drying he experienced a burning sensation and had to wash it off right away.

I will not be using this nor do I recommend this spray. It's a shame because it also deterred me from using my favorite Godiva shampoo... I just don't want this or anything that smells similar anywhere near my body.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Review is for the liquid version.
I always hated this perfume. I would try it again and again when i walked into the store--the solid and liquid forms both--over the years. I would just HATE it and wash it off. It made me angry that it was so horrible despite claiming to smell like jasmine! It smelt like newly-made roads, and rotten flowers, or sometimes petroleum, and maybe even poo!

Then I didn't wash it off, left it on, and about 30 minutes later I kept getting wafts of soft, vanilla + jasmine + slightly tea-like scent.

Turns out on the skin, the disgusting opening notes go away, albeit after 30 minutes or so! Bit too linear maybe. I have also asked people to honestly let me know whether they could smell the disgustingness that is so evident at the beginning, after a couple of hours' wear--and they just thought it was soft and pleasant. I have some very honest people in my circle, so I trust them. I guess it's not just that my sense of smell whimpered after a 30 minute battle with the souring notes.
Nobody, including myself, could detect the initial vomitrocious (word coined from Arthur the kids' show) cloud that is so prominent at the start.

It's still jasmine with several exclamation marks, but not putrid jasmine. On my skin, vanilla is what comes out and the jasmine mellows considerably. I'm thinking this would be a good one to layer with a softer scent.

Only two stars because you can better quality jasmine itrs at this price too, you just have to know where to look. A good quality jasmine itr would smell fresh, and less poo-like.

I am sure they got a really good deal on rancid jasmine oil from the supplier, and decided to use it, and call the end result 'dirty/sexy'!

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly was looking forward to going to lush for he first time, but I have to admit I was looking forward to trying this. I personally think that this smell kind of stunk? I just hated he smell, but maybe it is just me. Otherwise I love lush and its products!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells nice. Not too feminine and not to masculine. It's a happy medium. It lasts a few hours too, which is nice. Not really sure how to describe the scent- it's not floral, not fruity. Smells a little spicy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This. Is. The. Worse.

I do not know how people think this smells nice, nor do I wish to know. This is akin to sewage water_seriously. Good sewage that has been there for weeks, not the fresh type.

I was given both the solid and liquid forms. I was very excited because I always wanted a Lush perfume but now I know they smell worse than sweat. I don't understand how all the other products can be so good and then there's this awful selection of poopyness.

Smells bad, do not like, not much wow recommend not.

The only + is I love the packaging.

on 10/23/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this scent but the red dye has to go. My mother sprays perfume on her curtains and around the house as an air freshener and the curtains are ruined as well as the carpet on the stairs. A PERFUME has no need for any dyes!

Lust is a bright, Jasmine scent from Lush which comes in both solid and liquid forms. I am reviewing the solid version of this perfume.

Lust is my favourite perfume from Lush and my signature scent. It is a very sexy, sensual, bright, Jasmine however it smells very natural and not at all synthetic or chemically.
The perfume comes in a small tin with a screw-cap and you need to apply it to your wrists/neck/wherever you want it with your finger. This is actually an improvement of Lush's solid perfume packaging as the previous push-up tube style was fiddly and caused the product to melt. The perfume itself is a red colour, but does not show up red when applied. The scent lasts for a very long time and is very strong when applied. It is a very alluring scent and one that will leave an impression on almost everyone you meet. It is definitely my favourite perfume. A++

LOVE this fragrance. yes, it is an acquired taste - but so are a lot of lush fragrances. i personally love karma and this ranks up there with karma for me. it is a very 'old' nostalgic scent. it is quite heavy, very powerful and lingers. you really have to test this out to see if it works with your body chemistry but if it does, you're onto a winner. it is such an atmospheric scent reminds me of hot, humid summers - definitely a summer fragrance for me. obviously the main note is jasmine so you have to like that to love this fragrance. really intoxicating, quite hippie like and so different to anything you'd find in the normal fragrance aisle! i don't think there is patchouli in this but it does remind me of karma and patchouli. really unique, i'm sold :]

I got the solid version in a small tin at $16 in Singapore. The smell reminds me of the LUSH Godiva solid shampoo that I used years ago. So it's a nostalgic scent for me. I love jasmine/oriental scents in general as I find the musky smoky scent mysterious, unique and exotic.

This solid balm has very good staying power and the smell doesn't turn sour over time.

Recently I developed a skin allergy to perfume sprays. So far, my skin doesn't react to this! At $16 it's a good purchase, very reasonable price as the solid can last a long time I think.

The tin is convenient, just pop it into your bag and touch up whenever you want! 2-3 swipes on the surface is all you need to perfume your wrist and the area behind your ears.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my all-time favourite perfume and my signature scent. I am not particularly fond of mainstream perfumes (celebrity, designer etc) because I find the sillage isn't that impressive on my skin and also because many of them all smell the same to me - overwhelmingly sweet, fruity/floral and very girly.

This is a divine smelling dirty and warm jasmine scent that comes through strongly on my skin. This doesn't smell indolic, sensual or sexy on me at all - it's sophisticated and more grown up than other floral perfumes because it's not sickly sweet. It's extremely overpowering and heady when applied at first but mellows out into a sweeter jasmine after an hour. Personally, I love the initial smell I can't really smell any of the other notes (ylang ylang, rose, sandalwood, vanilla) because the jasmine is so dominant. This has amazing sillage and is one of my most long-lasting perfumes (along with Lush's 'Sikkim Girls'). It lasts for 7-8 hours and I can still smell it at the end of the day.

A warning I'll like to give: as other reviewers have previously stated, it does leave a light red stain so I suggest spraying it onto bare skin or dark clothes.

I am on my second bottle of the 10ml spritz. A 10ml spritz lasts me 4 months. To date, this is the only perfume I have ever repurchased and the only perfume I've ever finished. It's always with me whenever I go out. My friends (guys and girls) all adore this perfume on me after it's mellowed. Surprisingly, most friends think I smell like milk tea. Very few can smell the sweet jasmine top note. "I smelt bubble tea after you walked in. Did you have Easyway or ChaTime? Was that you? I want some! " Easily my best compliment to date. I highly appreciate this scent on 20 year-old me. For me, this stand-out scent is the perfume equivalent of an engima, wrapped in a riddle and surrounded by mystery. Its flirty, bold and alluring scent delivers for me and I will always have this niche scent in my collection.

Popular Fragrances