LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust
Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.9

on 3/13/2017 8:31:00 PM

I have this in the solid form bc I tend to get trigger happy with perfumes. A little of this goes a longggg way. Over apply and yes, you will smell like a urinal cake. I use one dab only. I put it on one wrist, transfer to the other wrist, then rub the excess behind my ears. That's all you need. It lasts for hours and hours. It's a warm musky jasmine, and incredibly sexy. The name implies sex appeal, but I didn't just buy into marketing. I know that because I tested this in store like 10 times before I decided it was good enough to buy. Bc of the urinal cake thing. I would smell the remnants on my sleeves days and days later and be like ooooo what is that?? Then kick myself for not buying it... Every time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly was looking forward to going to lush for he first time, but I have to admit I was looking forward to trying this. I personally think that this smell kind of stunk? I just hated he smell, but maybe it is just me. Otherwise I love lush and its products!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells nice. Not too feminine and not to masculine. It's a happy medium. It lasts a few hours too, which is nice. Not really sure how to describe the scent- it's not floral, not fruity. Smells a little spicy.

I got the solid version in a small tin at $16 in Singapore. The smell reminds me of the LUSH Godiva solid shampoo that I used years ago. So it's a nostalgic scent for me. I love jasmine/oriental scents in general as I find the musky smoky scent mysterious, unique and exotic.

This solid balm has very good staying power and the smell doesn't turn sour over time.

Recently I developed a skin allergy to perfume sprays. So far, my skin doesn't react to this! At $16 it's a good purchase, very reasonable price as the solid can last a long time I think.

The tin is convenient, just pop it into your bag and touch up whenever you want! 2-3 swipes on the surface is all you need to perfume your wrist and the area behind your ears.

on 4/25/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this scent. at first I thought it smelled like a stripper or a hooker (LOL!), but after putting it on and letting it settle into my skin it smells really good on me. It's very sultry yet a very personal scent. I used this allot when on a Cruise vacation. It was much easier to travel with solid perfume than with a liquid. I would purchase again.

on 12/4/2012 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

indolic,hardcore,heavy,generic,oily ''masterblaster'' jasmine...

just wouldn't want to smell like a deep cold piss mixed with ylang-ylang...
after some time,not bad imho, but ....want jasmine?-just take some Organza, and enjoy!!!!!

massive edit:

KHM....I decided I do want to smell like cold piss after all...<3
and what a piss this is!!:))))

it is of crucial matter to try it on your skin, it really is a hardcore jasmine/ylan.ylang combo that almost burns the nostrils....BUT, it is amazingly sexy...and give it some time....no, really, be generous!

bought it, OF COURSE!!!
A LIPPIE UP:)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Since other reviewers have explained Lust's composition, I'd like to offer a review on the scent's effect on people's...dispositions.

Received two workplace responses (stated below to 99% accuracy) to this scent which reflect almost all male/female reactions to me when I'm wearing it.

Female 1: What are you wearing?

Me: LUSH's Lust.

Female 1: You smell like candy. Like a sweet tart.

Me: Central notes do include ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Female 1: Yeah, ok, I smell cheap candy.
Female 2: It's kinda...too sweet or something.

Me: Noted.

Female 1 (out of earshot of Female 2): What's the name of it again?

Male 1: What...do you smell that?
Male 2: It's like flowers and honey...some sort of...
Male 1: They're blue. I smell this flower outside of my bedroom window.
Male 2: Violets, lilacs, I smell jasmine...
Male 1: Yes, lilacs. Are you stalking me?

Me: How so?

Male 1: I swear, I smell this every night before I go to sleep.
Male 2: You're not very good at this, are you?

Myself and Male 1: I'm [you're] not supposed to leave a trail.

You can likely imagine the simultaneous emotions emitted by the people who smell me. Women = 75% miffed curiosity, 15% repulsion, 10% tell-me-the-name-of-that-scent-or-I-will-hunt-you-down.

Men? 75% muffled carnality, 15% feigned repulsion, 10% I-will-hunt-you-down.

It should be noted that these responses transcend socio/economic barriers. The men at work? The VP and a Director. Should have known better. Lust is a strange mistress, no?

This scent is not meant for people who cannot carry it off. Regardless of whether or not someone likes it, almost everyone who has encountered it says it's to some degree, loud. Almost ostentatiously so. I'd almost say Lust is a bit polarizing in that you either adore it, or it's just too much.

Suffice to say, this is one of my signature fragrances. LUSH nailed the combination of frenetic flirtation and simmering sexuality.

There's another fragrance they made, however, which is the yin to this yang. If Lust is a Porsche ride to a pulsating rave? Cocktail is a chauffeured Bentley to a sultry jazz club. One evokes reactions of those seduced, one is conducive to the seduction itself. Hard to explain, but understood when experienced.

LUSH's perfumiers are immensely underrated.

on 8/7/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow this is a gorgeous sparkling jasmine tea like scent and i dont even like fragrances that are predominantly jasmine based with the indoles - yuk!

This review is for the solid stick and i adore this scent which lasts all night on me. Incredible for a solid perfume that cost me only 5 and more sillage than my expensive fragrances!!

The red colour has been toned down so i have no problem with staining.

on 5/31/2012 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this scent. I bought the spray and could spend all day smelling it, if it lasted that long. But I suppose that is not unusual for any perfume.

on 4/15/2012 4:56:00 PM

I love this stuff. If you like Godiva shampoo, you will love this as well. To me it just smells like pure jasmine, raw and unsophisticated. Love it. My everyday type of perfume. I only use a touch of it underneath clothes for a very special person to enjoy at the end of the day.

Popular Fragrances