Calgon Morning Glory

Calgon Morning Glory

Price: $

Price: $

Eyes: Violet

This is a perfectly fine, inoffensive body spray if you want a cheap little drugstore body spray. Not a thing wrong with it although there's not a thing special about it. So why the four lippies? Because wait... there's more.... and I love, love, love products that are multi-taskers.

It's a FABRIC REFRESHER if you've had to be hangin' out with some smoky people or if you just want to perk your clothes up with a nice little scent. Plays nicely with any other clean fragrance you might be wearing.

It's an AIR FRESHENER! Oh yeah! I said Air Freshener! An only-slightly-more expensive-than-Febreeze Air Freshener with the nice twist of smelling like powder and shampoo!

I picked this up in a Walgreens a few years ago because I was in a hurry, there was this nice clean fragrance in the air as I was picking up some toothpaste, and I tracked down what the smell was -- the morning glory body mist. Since someone had been smoking in my car (grrr) that morning, I thought it might help chase the smoke away if I sprayed it around the upholstery while I drove around with windows open.

It worked! It makes everything (including you) smell like just-shampooed-two-minutes-ago hair, and I declare that a good thing. Blends nicely with "real" perfume worn on your body when you use this stuff as a fabric freshener.

I keep it in the car at all times. For me, it's like rating tap water. Extraordinarily special? No. Indispensable? Yes.

on 3/19/2012 1:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this smell (I had it in the body lotion) and for this price you can't beat it! The only problem was it feels a little greasy, but that wears off after a few minutes so I don't mind. This smells fresh and floral, kind of like a light spring rain on a flower bed... I used up all of my lotion, and couldn't find any more. :(

Fortunately... yesterday I was at Victorias Secret, and bought a lotion that smells EXACTLY the same as Calgon Morning Glory! It's called Endless Love, and it is an exact dupe. Seriously! Has anyone else noticed this?

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a very pretty, distinctive scent that is a bit sharp and green in the opening but it mellows out. Very fresh smelling and tangy. I am very thrilled to have discovered these great Calgon scents.

Top notes: green notes, galbanum, anise; middle notes: apple, peach, pineapple, jasmine, lily of the valley, clove; base notes- oakmoss, musk, and sandalwood.

The bath products, as in all the Calgon scents, are very nice and generously scented. A real pick me up. This one has better lasting power than the Moon Petal Musk.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this scent when I use it OCCASIONALLY!!!! BUT Not on the daily. I am a perfume junkie and I Ave purchased scents from all over the world (i LOVE scents from Saudi Arabia and from the United Emirates!!!)
Anyway..I first smelled this in my mother in law after she showered. I apply scents just after I shower as well. Anyway..... it smelled wonderful. I had my husband get me a bottle pronto!!!
I used it in til I kind of.....got sick of it. So I give it a break and then use it again out of nowhere.
I'm worried that if "I"---a person who loves most scents-- then I might be Making my loved ones even more sick of it then I am.
Good for scent and perfume junkies who are open and like to experiment with new fragrances.....it is a floral sxent, a bit heady...can be over powering if you a apply a lot of it. If you use it with a light hand, it is a nice, out of shower, fresh, shampoo/soap scent. Or could be good for someone who wants to smell like they just got out if the shower ;-)

on 11/19/2005 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm halfway through a bottle. At one point I had the body wash and the lotion but the body spray is all that I use now. This is a daily fragrance option that's great for work. I don't think that I can really wear my regular EDP's to work, so I use this and Clarins Eau Tranquility. Morning Glory lasts longer than Eau Tranquility, much to my dismay. A great clean fresh floral that people like and that is never too overpowering. As much as I love perfume, there are times and places to forgo the stronger stuff and use the cleaner type fragrances. This fits the bill perfectly.

on 7/6/2005 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was recently reminded of how much I love this body spray while browsing p'ville for reviews on Britney Spears "Curious". I realized that they are very similar: clean, fresh, sweet and slightly musky. Since I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a new fragrance, I decided to give my Morning Glory another try and fell in love with it all over again. I've been wearing it for almost 9 years and it reminds me of summer and being young. I agree with other reviewers about it being a nice room spray. I also use it when I don't have Febreeze handy!

on 4/2/2016 7:39:00 PM

This smells exactly, exactly, exactly, like Febreeze. And not even a good flowery one-the original scent. I bought it as a body spray, sprayed some on my wrists...never again...air freshener it is!

*UPDATE* smells better on clothes than skin...on skin smells mountain breezy fresh...on clothes smells a little sweeter, fruitier, more floral. This is a fabric refresher disguised as a body mist

Very nice in a generic fresh floral way (I mean that in a good way, actually lol). I can see this appealing to most people, and not being offensive unless it was piled on and you reeked of it. The smell reminds me of aquanet hairspray in a way.

on 7/15/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This scent is the epitome of "shower fresh." I only recently stumbled across this one. I tried the little mini splash in the store and knew I had to have it. The little bottle is cute and pretty and I couldn't stop smelling my arm. This is so inexpensive. I have a hard time describing the scent because it's a very clean, fresh smell but not that typical ozonic/aquatic clean smell. In my personal experience I have never known the Morning Glory flower to have any particular scent either so maybe Calgon just named this with the idea of a fresh morning shower in mind. I just don't know. Honestly what this reminds me of is Degree's "Shower Fresh" antiperspirant scent. I suppose that's not a glamorous way to describe it but simply put, Morning Glory smells SHOWER FRESH. I am going to try the shower gel/bubble bath too. This seems like the perfect, clean and non-offensive clean smell. Try it!

on 6/23/2005 3:17:00 AM

I never thought I'd say this about an inexpensive body spray, but I wish it weren't quite as strong. Morning Glory is a very sharp, clean scent, and whenever I wear it I feel like people are wondering, "Did she use Finesse shampoo this morning and forget to rinse it out?" I love to smell clean - I just don't want to smell like I rolled in soap products. It's a little overwhelming. On the plus side (if you're a fan of the fragrance), it lasts a really long time.

Popular Fragrances