3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I bought this gel yesterday. It was between the green one (for normal/combo skin) and the pink (dry skin) so glad pick it up the green one. Is the perfect summer moisturizer. Great to use it before makeup, makes the skin so soft and the makeup so pretty. I put in the fridge to feel the cooling sensation and to close my pores. Great great product!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I think this is a great moisturizer for oil/combo-skinned people. It's very light and dries quickly, and I really felt like it added moisture to my skin. It also has that lovely Garnier smell. One of my (only) major problems with this product is that it doesn't really have any benefits for your skin. It is simply meant to hydrate your face. I also don't like having to dip my fingers into the jar to get the product out, and I think that while it only cost me $9 for the jar, the jar itself didn't last very long. You don't get that much product. I think I finished a jar in about two months.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin and I love this moisturizer! I've been testing it for weeks now and I'm glad to say it works really well for me. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make my hormonal breakouts worse, and it keeps me moisturized all night and in the morning my skin feels great. You only need a little bit of product to do the job. I've noticed a comment saying it made their face greasy, I didn't find that happening to me. The only con for me is that it's in a jar instead of pump. Another con is for those who are ingredient-conscious: there are a lot compounds in here that would be questionable for you. For example, it has Chlorphenesin. In here it's acting as a preservative since it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties BUT it is also a muscle relaxant and can cause a skin allergy.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

6 years ago

LOVE this stuff. Keeps my face moisturized during the winter! If you are lacking water moisture in your skin this is going to make your skin feel lovely.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

6 years ago

This does a decent job at moisturizing and it smells really good but It broke me out like crazy! And it makes your face feel disgustingly greasy when you put it on. I would not recommend if you even have mildly sensitive skin.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Medium

6 years ago

Great moisturizer for oily / combo skin! Lightweight, smells amazing, & sinks in quick & doesn't add too oily ness / shine. :-)

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I'm a garnier junkie. I love their skincare products. Even some of their hair products. I use the Blackhead Eliminating Scrub w/ charcoal and I love it and I use the moisture rescue gel and I LOVE THIS. I use it in the morning alone but at night when I need more moisture I'll use it with a heavier moisturizer. I'm on my 3rd jar. It made my skin really smooth and it has even out my skin tone. It's really cooling and soothing. I have and will repurchase.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

6 years ago

I couldn't figure out why my acne has been returning. I had clear skin with a bit of scarring but for the past week the acne returned. Turns out it was this product, the only thing that I changed in my routine. I guess the alcohol listed at the top of ingredients is not kind to my skin. I've had no trouble with cetyl alcohol,which found in most moisturizer because it is a fatty alcohol so it is not irritating to the skin, and in fact can be beneficial for those with dryer skin types. Although the alcohol listed in this product is ethyl (denatured) alcohol which is extremely damaging, I knew this but went ahead and bought it anyways because of good reviews, I should have known better. My skin felt extremely moisturized at first, but through out the day or even an overnight use, I can tell my skin is dryer than it was before. Overall, I'm disappointed in this product and will discontinue using it as it has done some damage to my skin. This will be going back!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

6 years ago

It makes your skin rather smooth and it feels refreshing. However, it made my nose somewhat oily after awakening and caused a few breakouts.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

from

6 years ago

I think this is exactly what I was looking for - a nice light nighttime gel that would moisturize yet still not feel overwhelming for the Summer nights we have in Florida. This encompasses both of those requirements. It's light, refreshing, never stings my eye area, yet it gives the right amount of moisture. It's compact, which means it's great for traveling and for storing. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I'm sold, it's going to be my go-to for the next few months.

About reviewer (221 reviews)

Age30-35