Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this, it's light, not greasy absorbs quickly. Wears well under makeup. Skin still feels moisturized but without some of the heavy thick layer some moisturizers give.

This is a very light moisturizer. I have oily skin so it feels good to not have a heavy cream on my face. It does feel refreshing and the texture is different.....kinda watery and gel-like. It never made me break out or give me problems so I will use it up but I will not repurchase because of the scent. I like cucumber scent so when I first started using it I loved it but somehow after time it started to smell like alcohol and artificial cucumbers : (

To Read all 452 Reviews, Login or Join

First off, I think this is a decent moisturizer for oily skin. I'd stay away from it if you're dry. It is very watery and light, and once it sinks in, there isn't much residue, yet it very lightly moisturizes.I think this product could be better, honestly. For me, I did not like that there is a little bit of menthol in it. I understand that it does feel kind of nice, but for sensitive skin, it's a no bueno. Also, it's synthetic cucumber scent kind of bothers me.

So all in all, for your money it's a good moisturizer for oily skin if you have a budget, but i've tried better. I'd only repurchase it if I was too broke to buy the $25 Hydralight Lotion from Paula's Choice.

on 9/20/2015 8:52:00 AM

I have been using this product during the summer, and it is great for my combination skin, which tends toward oily during the humid and hot summer. It keeps my skin moisturized, and absorbs quickly. Makeup is easily applied directly afterwards with no "balling up" or adverse events. I have been using this in conjunction with the Garnier 2 in 1 serum+moisturizer, and although there are no dramatic results, my skin is healthy and clear :)

on 7/18/2015 4:36:00 PM

I really like this product. I find it light and refreshing. I use it once a day at night and it takes care of the few dry patches that I have. Just today I repurchased another jar. I do recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing light moisturizer! It goes on and gets absorbed quickly with no greasiness.

on 6/15/2015 9:22:00 PM

I actually used this moisturizer exclusively for 5 years. It was in a different package- it looked like a mini Version of the face wash in a squeeze tube. I prefer the old packaging because I like the cleanliness of not dipping my fingers into the pot of moisturizer. But, this is the same produce I was so in love with yeas ago! My skin goes from oily to dry in a matter of hours. This moisturizer is perfect. It smells nice and fresh and it absorbs well. I stopped using it because I couldn't find it. It's calming on my skin even during breakouts. I'm so happy I found this again!

on 5/27/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A friend had given it to me after I told her I was looking for a gel moisturizer since I have oily skin. She said it had made her break out, but she has sensitive skin so I figured I could still at least give it a shot. I've been using it for about 7 months (I repurchased it a month or two ago because at the time I really liked it) but I can't say it does anything. On application my skin feels refreshed, but after a few minutes it doesn't feel any more moisturized than it had been before. I just started using a retinoid a few weeks ago, so my skin has been dry, and this product does not help at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very acne prone skin, so I was excited to try this product as I had heard that it was light, fresh, and wouldn't clog pores. My cheeks and under eye are are normal, with my t zone being very oily as the day goes on. I used this after a shower when I needed a bit of moisture and I'm telling you right now. It did absolutely nothing. It produced a minty feeling on my face for about 5 minutes and then it was gone. No moisturization, nothing. I am very disappointed. This is basically water with some perfumed chemicals, and it hasn't worked for me. Even in these summer months. Definitely a miss.

on 5/22/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is nice moisturizer if you have very oily skin. I have combo skin and find I can only use it in the hottest summer months. It's not hydrating enough for me otherwise. The reason I'm giving this a high rating is because I think this formula works great when you mix it with liquid foundation to make a tinted moisturizer. I've been using equal parts this plus my Revlon Colorstay and it makes a wonderful combo! It's cooling, spreads well, and dries quickly. My skin looks great using it this way. Try it out if you have this and want to find a way to use it up.