Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

If we were giving ratings solely on how a product feels, then it'd earn a perfect score. It's so lightweight and comfortable feeling to apply and wear. Perfect for the hotter months.

However, I don't really feel that it hydrates my skin that much. My skin hasn't reacted poorly to it on the flipside. I'm about to finish my jar, however, and as I'm applying I'm thinking about what other moisturizers I should try. Do I think it helped my skin? Yes. Could it have done more? Yes. I'll keep it in mind as a "baseline," but I wouldn't say that I'd repurchase it in a heartbeat either.

on 6/13/2018 10:11:00 PM

I've been using this gel cream for the past 2 months and absolutely love it! I've already repurchased another bottle and will continue using it. Love this as a cream for summertime skincare; the formula is super light and love the texture that goes from gel to water-type texture. You can watch my full review on YouTube here:

on 2/3/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really don't like the alcohol content in what is supposed to be a moisturizer. You can smell it when you put it on. Other than that, it is fast absorbing and leaves a matte finish. Fortunately, it has not caused breakouts or irritated my sensitive skin. However, it doesn't moisturize my skin as well as I believe it should and would if it wasn't for the alcohol in it. The only way I will use this is if I'm using a nourishing foundation on top of it to compensate for the lack of conditioning/moisture. The smell is not pleasant due to the alcohol, though the perfume itself does smell pleasant.

This burned my skin sooooo bad and gave me HUGE cystic acne all over my face!! Massive pimples that hurt so so bad it tingled everytime I would put it on and I thought it was just a cool refreshing feeling but nope it later turned into red inflamed itchy skin ☹️

on 4/8/2017 9:31:00 PM

Why do companies insist in using fragrance in skin care products? They cause so many problems. I'm sure there wouldn't be as many returns if they just left it out.

Pros: Non Greasy, takes very little product, feels great.

Cons: The fragrance is just way too strong. Developed a rash 1st use, likely from the perfume in the product. I'll be returning this to the store.

on 4/4/2017 4:36:00 AM

Super light-weighted, moisturizing nicely. Only concern is the alcohol in it. I might go for Clinique after this one and compare if i should go back to this.

on 3/27/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best moisturizer I've ever tried on my face. It doesn't cause breakouts. It leaves my skin refreshed but not filmy. I apply a thin layer in the morning before I do my makeup and at night before I go to bed and my skin has never been happier. I can't recommend this enough if you are prone to breakouts and have oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For the price I paid and the needs of my skin, I think this was a good buy. It's an oil free gel textured moisturizer with a pleasant scent that disappears. It is meant for normal/combination skin types. The moisturizer is not going to do much if you have dry skin. It isn't going to do much for wrinkles, either.

I like it because it makes my skin feel moisturized and doesn't cause acne. It has a cooling sensation when applied. The jar is easy to open. It feels light on the skin and quickly absorbs.

on 3/7/2017 1:26:00 PM

hands down buying this forever. Super hydrating, without leaving my skin oily and I used it twice a day (morning and night). I have acne prone skin and it kept it at bay. any dry patches of acne stayed moisturized all day and it helped it heal. great price for the amount. the jar helps get every last drop out.

on 3/5/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this moisturizer!! I LOVE the texture. I often rotate moisturizers at night but this one is definitely my favourite. It dried quickly, doesn't leave you feeling squeaky or sticky and has a fresh scent. Although it sucks that it comes in a glass jar and I have to poke my fingers in it all the time, it is seriously a great product especially for the price! A definite re purchase !!