OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

Filtered by hair type : Other
OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.7

i bought my first OPI nail polishes after reading all the raving reviews on MUA and magazines ,and although it was a little expensive 16 euros i am very impressed ,it dethroned every nail polish ive tried so far and ive have tried many from Isadora,Artdeco,Butter London,MissLyn,Catrice and the list goes on ...since the day i've put this NP on my nails i got lot of compliments from all the people i've encountered even my bf likes it alot..the colour is a dark shimmery-metalic green ,it looks a little grey in natural light but in sunlight it transforms into cosmic dark mysterious green..the shimmers are not tacky ,they are like infiltrated sparkles of diamonds..it's been 2 days since i applied this (on 2 coats) and it still didn't chip it's intact and i wash dishes and my hands quite often ..im definitely looking forward to try more OPI nail colours from now on

Lucerne-tainly look pretty but you were hard to work with! So runny and all over my skin. This is graphite with green, purple, blue foils. Easy two coats, thank goodness because that's all the mess I could stand to deal with.

on 12/22/2011 8:59:00 PM

OPI was right to put marvelous in its name because that is exactly what it is. It is a a beautiful combination of slightly darker than gunmetal base infused lots of fine silver, (and less of) pink and green glitter. I should note that in majority of the lightings, the pink and green glitters don't show up very well, revealing only the dominant silver glitter. However, I was lucky enough that the lighting at the Ulta I was visiting happen to have the weird lighting which reveals its multicolored awesomeness. I've read in reviews and heard of others suggesting it as dupes of some Chanel polishes. I shall debunk two such myths here.
1. Graphite: The only thing that they have in common is that they contain glitter and are darker than a normal silver base. Otherwise, they have nothing in common. The base for LLM much much darker and closer to black while Graphite is like a slightly darkened silver. Graphite has pretty much only silver and gold while LLM has silver, pink, and green.
2. Black Pearl: The most unique thing about either polish is their finish, and these two polishes aren't even classified in the same finish family. Black Pearl really does look like pearl, but LLM is straight up fine chunks of visible glitter. LLM did remotely remind me of Black Pearl somehow though, probably because they both have a dark grey base with green accents (but Black Pearl doesn't have the pink).
I'd also like to note the LLM reminds me SO much of the darkest color of the Ombrés Perleés de Chanel palette from the same Chanel collection as Black Pearl (which is a soft grey-black with silver, pink, and green in its pearly shimmers).
Like many have already noted, LLM applies like a dream, takes 3 layers to become opaque enough to sufficiently hide the VNL, and applies like a normal nail polish (and not a glitter, as we would expect).  Overall, I think it is a marvelously beautiful polish, and if I do finish it, I shall track it down and repurchase.

I bought this from my local Ulta. I found the gunmetal grey with silver & light green sparkle to be very unique! I only hoped it would apply the way it looks in the bottle - and it does! The color applies nicely. I topped it with my Seche Vite top coat and it has great staying power! No streaking, no bubbling, just a great even application.

I'd definitely recommend this product!

on 10/10/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really happy with this recent purchase from the OPI Swiss Fall 2010 line. This color is a beautiful dark grey with a lot of exciting sparkles and shimmer. The shimmer gives it a bit of a blue tint. It's dark , but not super dark. My other grey (YSL Tuxedo Grey) is much darker (near black). I received several compliments on this which is not the norm for me. And, the OPI formula is my favorite - it beats all the high end (and low end) for wearability and easy of application. This one was a tad sheer - took 3 coats. Check out some swatches and see for yourself!

on 10/1/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is OPI Swiss Collection 2010. This is a silver glitter polish flashing some subtle blue/green color. The application is easy and the color is great. To me, it has a strong silvery color with blue grey undertone and it's very attractive both in indoor and under sunlight. It also reminds me of OPI Take It For Granite but this one is more Christmasty.

I love the application and it dries very quickly. The only negative is that it chips easily. However, I still give it a 5 because this is a beautiful color and I will buy it again and again.

on 9/17/2010 2:02:00 PM

Being a sucker for all things Swiss, when i heard that OPI were coming out with a Swiss collection I knew I was going to make at least one purchase. I usually only wear dark reds or purple colours but ive been on the hunt for a nice gunmetal colour and this certainly doesnt disapoint, it was the only one that stood out to me from the whole collection! Two coats gives the most amazing charcoal, silvery foil finish that looks amazing when it catches the light! It leaves a very smooth finish despite being shimmery. I am awaiting delivery of Chanel Le Vernis in Steel which looks darker and less shimmery than this.

I cant wait to my next night out to wear this, I keep admiring my nails now even as I type!

They say that Lucerne is the most beautiful city in Switzerland and this certainly is a beautifuly colour. Would I repurchase this?? HELL YES!

on 9/13/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Love this color! I tried it a few weeks ago, it didn't apply well, I thought it would gather dust in the drawer. I couldn't sleep last night, had taken off "Yodel Me on My Cell" earlier that day, so I thought I'd give it another go. I gave it adequate drying time between coats and that did the trick, don't rush it. Two coats is fairly opaque, I think three is perfect, if you have time.

It's a shiny, irridescent pewter. It's not "girlish," the silver gray makes it mature enough for many ages to wear, and the sparkle is rather understated, given all the little shiny bits in it. It comes across and shiny and luminous, not like glitter polish. With a clear topcoat, it's perfect! It sounds silly, but it reminds me of the popular sparkly car paint in the 70's, the metallic paint that was so shiny and pretty, and only up close did you see the individual glitter specks.

I have "Yodel Me on My Cell," the blue in the swiss collection, on my toes, and it's ok, not great. However, with a coat of Lucerne-tainly over it (did I mention I had insomnia last night and had to entertain myself for 5 hours before I fell asleep?) it is gorgeous! I thought "Yodel" was a bland but pretty blue-green, but with the "Lucerene-tainly" over it, the color becomes a steely blue gray at some angles, deep blue at others. It's gorgeous! I'd get "Lucerne-tainly" again, full bottle size (I have the mini) because it's great by itself or a sheer coat over other colors. Awesome color!

Ooooh no....I have to downgrade this to 4 stars, I still love the color, but it's coming off my nails in big sheets and chips, despite 3 coats AND a topcoat. Bummer, it didn't even make it two days. I think this color is going to be more for use over other colors, not by itself, which is a shame because it's such a hot color.

on 8/18/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A great sparkly foil-like charcoal that reminds me of lead in a pencil tip. Perfect for fall. A real head turner. Highly recommend. It's the best of the entire OPI Swiss collection.

on 8/18/2010 2:34:00 AM

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is one of the new glittery colours from the Swiss collection for Fall/Winter 2010. Glitter has become quite fashionable recently & considering the enormous attention received by Mad As A Hatter (from Alice In Wonderland collection), it's not surprising to see a couple of glittery finishes in this collection.

This colour, as well as Glitzerland, apparently are not the typical glitter/metallic/shimmer formulations & this type of finish/texture is new to OPI. It's sort of a foil/glitter shimmer, which gives it a metallic sheen/effect. Lucerne-tainly is a deep, rich steel grey with fine flecks of a silvery foil-like glitter. When this hits the light, it's gorgeous - the reflect is amazing & you get this appearance of an all-over foil, but then you look closer and you can see the little flecks. It's quite nice to look at.

I hesistated purchasing this colour initially, as I thought it might be a dupe of Brand New Skates (which I already have - see comparison bottle pic above). Although they are a similar tone of grey, Brand New Skates is a tad darker and has gold flecks of glitter - and not as many flecks as Lucerne-tainly. So I find that the flecks are more prominant & you get a greater reflect and foiled effect with Lucerne-tainly. Also, I have found with the Swiss collection that the colours look so much better when applied on the nails. This colour looked a bit lacklustre in the bottle, but when applied, it looked amazing.

In terms of formula - I got good, even and opaque coverage with 2 coats. The formula of this is a bit better than recent collections, which have been a bit watery. And also the staying power of this was great - the glittery particles gripped well on the nail, but weren't difficult to remove with polish remover and then washing my hands well with soap and water.

Overall, this a great, unique colour - has a great reflect to it and I am really enjoying wearing it now in the final few weeks of the Australian winter. Looks awesome with my silver jewellery as well!

Popular Polishes