OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.9

i bought my first OPI nail polishes after reading all the raving reviews on MUA and magazines ,and although it was a little expensive 16 euros i am very impressed ,it dethroned every nail polish ive tried so far and ive have tried many from Isadora,Artdeco,Butter London,MissLyn,Catrice and the list goes on ...since the day i've put this NP on my nails i got lot of compliments from all the people i've encountered even my bf likes it alot..the colour is a dark shimmery-metalic green ,it looks a little grey in natural light but in sunlight it transforms into cosmic dark mysterious green..the shimmers are not tacky ,they are like infiltrated sparkles of diamonds..it's been 2 days since i applied this (on 2 coats) and it still didn't chip it's intact and i wash dishes and my hands quite often ..im definitely looking forward to try more OPI nail colours from now on

on 12/27/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse

Eyes: Violet

This is such a pretty color. I got this as a stocking stuffer from my mom for christmas. Its a great gunmetal gray with slightly lighter gray sparkles. In the light the sparkles tend to lean towards blue. I've worn it for at least three days now and only one slight chip occurred! I would totally buy this again! Thanks mom!

on 12/22/2011 8:59:00 PM

OPI was right to put marvelous in its name because that is exactly what it is. It is a a beautiful combination of slightly darker than gunmetal base infused lots of fine silver, (and less of) pink and green glitter. I should note that in majority of the lightings, the pink and green glitters don't show up very well, revealing only the dominant silver glitter. However, I was lucky enough that the lighting at the Ulta I was visiting happen to have the weird lighting which reveals its multicolored awesomeness. I've read in reviews and heard of others suggesting it as dupes of some Chanel polishes. I shall debunk two such myths here.
1. Graphite: The only thing that they have in common is that they contain glitter and are darker than a normal silver base. Otherwise, they have nothing in common. The base for LLM much much darker and closer to black while Graphite is like a slightly darkened silver. Graphite has pretty much only silver and gold while LLM has silver, pink, and green.
2. Black Pearl: The most unique thing about either polish is their finish, and these two polishes aren't even classified in the same finish family. Black Pearl really does look like pearl, but LLM is straight up fine chunks of visible glitter. LLM did remotely remind me of Black Pearl somehow though, probably because they both have a dark grey base with green accents (but Black Pearl doesn't have the pink).
I'd also like to note the LLM reminds me SO much of the darkest color of the Ombrés Perleés de Chanel palette from the same Chanel collection as Black Pearl (which is a soft grey-black with silver, pink, and green in its pearly shimmers).
Like many have already noted, LLM applies like a dream, takes 3 layers to become opaque enough to sufficiently hide the VNL, and applies like a normal nail polish (and not a glitter, as we would expect).  Overall, I think it is a marvelously beautiful polish, and if I do finish it, I shall track it down and repurchase.

on 11/23/2011 4:20:00 PM

Stunning gunmetal color with glitter. One of my favorite OPI polishes. Looks great on my skin!!! Would and will be buying again!!! Update... After trying numerous brands of grey sparkle polish this is still
my favorite! Not too light like most which seem too be like a light silver this is like a deep gunmetal and applies like a dream. Getting ready to buy my 3rd bottle! Love it!!!!!!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i am just watching the polish in this bottle slowly vanish, because i use and love it so much.
it is a gunmetal grey, packed with fine silver shimmers, flecked with rainbow glitter that shows up properly in certain lights. it takes 3 coats for it to look completely opaque. 2 coats is fine if you are in a rush, but 3 brings it out the best as it hides your nails 100%.
this is a dark polish from afar, but when you move your hands around, the light captures the silver shimmers, and it looks metallic even from that distance. this never looks dull. for eg. i hate it when you buy a pretty nail polish, but then from afar it looks a little 'blah'! not with this.
this wears unusually well on me! i think it's because i apply 3 coats, and just the general texture of it. but this is not hard to remove, maybe a little bit harder than cream polish formulas, but nowhere near as impossible as glitter polishes/some other similar polishes.
do not buy this if you are looking for more of a silvery polish, and do not buy this if you are looking for more of an off-black.
i would recommend & buy again!

on 8/5/2011 9:04:00 PM

Just did my pedi with my lovely Lucerne- it's my go to
for a slate shade. The consistency and wide brush makes
the application a breeze. It manages to sparkle without
standout pieces of glitter so the sheen is throughout.
For a dark shade, it somehow has a softness to it that makes it
a winner again my pale skin. It does have a slight green undertone
in the bottle but I don't see that at all on the nail.
After one use it went to my top OPI faves.

on 6/29/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is so pretty! A shimmery gunmetal color, with lots of silver sparkles ( I wouldn't exactly call it glitter). It is very flattering on my medium-pink toned skin and I can see myself wearing this ALOT. I love dark colors, but sometimes they can look too goth. This seems classier, and more special. I also wore this with 2 coats of Out the Door Northern Lights over it and WOW. It really makes it POP. I highly recommend this to anyone!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this polish, it applies perfectly and after 3 coats looks just like the bottle color. I don't wear dark colors very often, but I love the glitter in this one. I wouldn't repurchase only because I get bored easily with a polish.

on 12/29/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this! great color, and it doesn't chip for some reason!

I bought this from my local Ulta. I found the gunmetal grey with silver & light green sparkle to be very unique! I only hoped it would apply the way it looks in the bottle - and it does! The color applies nicely. I topped it with my Seche Vite top coat and it has great staying power! No streaking, no bubbling, just a great even application.

I'd definitely recommend this product!

Popular Polishes