OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This color is absolutely marvelous! (haha) It's a smoky, dark grey almost-foil--it's super packed with shimmer! From what I see, the shimmer particles are mostly green and pink. Gorgeous! The polish itself seems to have the slightest tinge of green. :) I love this polish! It's metallic sophistication. I'm doing an accent with this along with Pamplona Purple! I love the way it looks. Would definitely recommend this polish!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This polish is among my all time favorites! I was shopping with a friend who bought it and promised to loan it to me. As soon as I was done painting, I knew I had to have my own bottle! The dark charcoal is beautiful and the shimmer and glitter are sublime! It wears really well for me. Sometimes OPI polishes with similar consistencies give me terrible tip wear, distracting tip wear, but this one didn't! The next time I saw it on the shelves, I picked up my own bottle =)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a total Nail Polish Addict. I probably have 250+ bottles, so for me to say that this is hands down my favorite polish...is saying a lot!!!
Its a gorgeous dark shimmery, silver/gray. When it hits the light just right, its stunning!
I wear it all year round, but probably get most use out of it in the Winter! I love dark nails all the time, and although this isn't too dark it is still to die for!
I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I think all ages can totally pull this one off

on 8/7/2011 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a dark shimmery gray. It's a BEAUTIFUL color considering it's dark, mysterious, and charming. Everytime I wear it, i always get compliments. believe it or not, even my boyfriend loves the color. whenever we sit down and he gets a chance to play with my hands, if i happen to wear the polish, he would always examine my nails and tells me how i should wear this color ALL the time.

Two coats to get the best results.

on 5/13/2011 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous quickly shot up to one of my favorites in the grey category the second I applied it! Absolutely stunning!!

This is a gunmetal grey that to me, it pure perfection because it's neither too light or too dark against my MMM skintone, and it's infiltrated with stunning very fine glitter that just makes it pop without making it tacky. It's absolutely gorgeous! Applies wonderfully and wears well without chipping. Overall a huge winner and a must have if you're into grey/charcoal shades. continued >>

I purchased this polish to wear on Halloween. Its a very pretty sparkly charcoal grey color. I normally stick to boring neutrals, but I have to admit I love the "edginess" of this color. It is beautiful in the sunlight due to its sparkles, but just the same kind of "blah" when you look at it indoors. However the lasting power is phenomenal. I've had it on for close to a week now and not a single chip-- I am impressed!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was the fourth polish I bought from the swiss collection and my least favorite that I purchased but I still love it. The color payoff is wonderful but it's just so different from anything I normally wear. I have pink under-toned skin and if my hands are cold and they get more pink the polish does not look the best. I've been wearing it for the past few days and I do have to say it's growing on me. I don't have another silver in my collection so I can't really compare it to anything but I do like the polish.

on 10/1/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is OPI Swiss Collection 2010. This is a silver glitter polish flashing some subtle blue/green color. The application is easy and the color is great. To me, it has a strong silvery color with blue grey undertone and it's very attractive both in indoor and under sunlight. It also reminds me of OPI Take It For Granite but this one is more Christmasty.

I love the application and it dries very quickly. The only negative is that it chips easily. However, I still give it a 5 because this is a beautiful color and I will buy it again and again.

on 9/13/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Love this color! I tried it a few weeks ago, it didn't apply well, I thought it would gather dust in the drawer. I couldn't sleep last night, had taken off "Yodel Me on My Cell" earlier that day, so I thought I'd give it another go. I gave it adequate drying time between coats and that did the trick, don't rush it. Two coats is fairly opaque, I think three is perfect, if you have time.

It's a shiny, irridescent pewter. It's not "girlish," the silver gray makes it mature enough for many ages to wear, and the sparkle is rather understated, given all the little shiny bits in it. It comes across and shiny and luminous, not like glitter polish. With a clear topcoat, it's perfect! It sounds silly, but it reminds me of the popular sparkly car paint in the 70's, the metallic paint that was so shiny and pretty, and only up close did you see the individual glitter specks.

I have "Yodel Me on My Cell," the blue in the swiss collection, on my toes, and it's ok, not great. However, with a coat of Lucerne-tainly over it (did I mention I had insomnia last night and had to entertain myself for 5 hours before I fell asleep?) it is gorgeous! I thought "Yodel" was a bland but pretty blue-green, but with the "Lucerene-tainly" over it, the color becomes a steely blue gray at some angles, deep blue at others. It's gorgeous! I'd get "Lucerne-tainly" again, full bottle size (I have the mini) because it's great by itself or a sheer coat over other colors. Awesome color!

Ooooh no....I have to downgrade this to 4 stars, I still love the color, but it's coming off my nails in big sheets and chips, despite 3 coats AND a topcoat. Bummer, it didn't even make it two days. I think this color is going to be more for use over other colors, not by itself, which is a shame because it's such a hot color.

on 8/18/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A great sparkly foil-like charcoal that reminds me of lead in a pencil tip. Perfect for fall. A real head turner. Highly recommend. It's the best of the entire OPI Swiss collection.

Popular Polishes