OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

Filtered by skin tone : Other
OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

3.5

Lucerne-tainly look pretty but you were hard to work with! So runny and all over my skin. This is graphite with green, purple, blue foils. Easy two coats, thank goodness because that's all the mess I could stand to deal with.

on 9/13/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Love this color! I tried it a few weeks ago, it didn't apply well, I thought it would gather dust in the drawer. I couldn't sleep last night, had taken off "Yodel Me on My Cell" earlier that day, so I thought I'd give it another go. I gave it adequate drying time between coats and that did the trick, don't rush it. Two coats is fairly opaque, I think three is perfect, if you have time.

It's a shiny, irridescent pewter. It's not "girlish," the silver gray makes it mature enough for many ages to wear, and the sparkle is rather understated, given all the little shiny bits in it. It comes across and shiny and luminous, not like glitter polish. With a clear topcoat, it's perfect! It sounds silly, but it reminds me of the popular sparkly car paint in the 70's, the metallic paint that was so shiny and pretty, and only up close did you see the individual glitter specks.

I have "Yodel Me on My Cell," the blue in the swiss collection, on my toes, and it's ok, not great. However, with a coat of Lucerne-tainly over it (did I mention I had insomnia last night and had to entertain myself for 5 hours before I fell asleep?) it is gorgeous! I thought "Yodel" was a bland but pretty blue-green, but with the "Lucerene-tainly" over it, the color becomes a steely blue gray at some angles, deep blue at others. It's gorgeous! I'd get "Lucerne-tainly" again, full bottle size (I have the mini) because it's great by itself or a sheer coat over other colors. Awesome color!

Ooooh no....I have to downgrade this to 4 stars, I still love the color, but it's coming off my nails in big sheets and chips, despite 3 coats AND a topcoat. Bummer, it didn't even make it two days. I think this color is going to be more for use over other colors, not by itself, which is a shame because it's such a hot color.

Popular Polishes