OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.4

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This color is so pretty in the bottle but on my nails it lost a lot of the dimension and just mainly looked like a very shimmery gunmetal gray. The formula is thin and easy to work with but so sheer. I did 3 coats and still had bald spots. I didn't wear it very long so I can't say whether it chips easily or not. The next time I wear this polish I'll probably layer it over black to avoid the annoying patchy-ness. I got this on sale for half price so it wasn't a total loss but I would not pay the usual 9.50 for it.

on 12/9/2012 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This nail polish is perfect, the color is amazing! I was afraid it would be too dark, but it is just the right pewter grey. Looks stunning on my nails!

Lucerne-tainly look pretty but you were hard to work with! So runny and all over my skin. This is graphite with green, purple, blue foils. Easy two coats, thank goodness because that's all the mess I could stand to deal with.

I find when I am at a loss and stumped with a color choice for my nails I always grab this one as its just so bright and welcoming. So so so lovely and impressed with the application and results of the polish even after a few months of having it. no clumping yet.

on 8/29/2011 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Love this polish.....nothing bad to say. Stunning color and finish!! I will def wear this all fall and winter!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I picked up this shade and looked at it for a bit but put it back. After I chose 3 other shades I wanted, I passed this one again and picked it up to look again. I couldn't put it back this time.

Something told me I had to get it, so I put another shade back and switched it for this. I swatched it on my thumb while at a red light and it is gorgeous! I did a single coat and it dried very quickly.

The shimmery glitter is not rough feeling when I touch it and it shines like nothing else! So glad I decided to keep it (I returned the other 2 shades).

on 4/29/2011 5:11:00 PM

What it is: a slate / gunmetal gray nail polish.
- - -
Pros - long wearing and chip resistant. The brush evenly distributes the polish. Large bottle that will last years.
- - -
Cons - none
- - -
Side note - I usually don't like dark polishes, but this is an exception. The perfect 'not black' shade. This polish does have glitter in it but it isn't obnoxious or obvious, instead it gives a healthy shine look. Definitely a gunmetal / silverly pewter shade. Does require three coats to become opaque. One is sheer, two is alright, but three is the color of the bottle. A more affordable, easier to locate alternative to chanel's black pearl.

on 12/14/2010 4:10:00 AM

I really like this color on my nails and the glittery effect. It took me 3 coats to achieve a even tone. Unfortunately, it chipped the next day while i was holidaying in Seoul.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shade is stunning!!! This is a deep smokey gun metal grey with green glitter, such a unique combo. Application was smooth, and 2 coats is opaque. I haven't used OPI in ages and I was impressed. I've been using China Glaze and I think I may switch back to OPI. I love the formula and the brush. I knew this nail colour was a winner when my bf commented on it. He rarely ever notices or comments on my manicure as it changes so frequently, but he loved the colour. This is going to be perfect for a night out or the numerous Christmas parties I have to attend this season. Just beautiful!!!!!

I bought this from my local Ulta. I found the gunmetal grey with silver & light green sparkle to be very unique! I only hoped it would apply the way it looks in the bottle - and it does! The color applies nicely. I topped it with my Seche Vite top coat and it has great staying power! No streaking, no bubbling, just a great even application.

I'd definitely recommend this product!

Popular Polishes