3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

The green tea Innisfree line is reliable and appears to have had no detrimental effect on my skin. The application of the serum has a nice light green tea scent and was easily absorbed upon application. However as I am not too experienced with many makeup products, I am unsure to say if this compares significantly better to other competitors.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

South Korea's most POPULAR & BEST SELLING skincare product BY FAR. It is literally RAVED by every Korean beauty guru & has extreme customer satisfaction! So naturally I had to give it a go! INGREDIENTS: 78% Green Tea Leaf Extract...Grown cleanly on Korea's famous Jeju Island, Green tea seed oil, Cacao extract... Basically an antioxidant POWERHOUSE. APPLICATION & FIRST IMPRESSIONS: So Innisfree insists you use this right after cleansing the face. So i did. It absorbs IMMEDIATELY & leaves NO RESIDUE. It has quite a watery texture. RESULTS: FANTASTIC hydration!! It penetrates the skin so quickly & you can layer it a couple of times (and get that CHOK CHOK skin)! It soothes the skin SO SO well especially if you use alot of AHAs, BHAs & retinols like me!!! PROs: - Attractive packaging - Clean ingredients from a trusted brand - Soothes the skin & redness - Strong antioxidant - Provides instant hydration with no residue - Non comedogenic & suitable for sensitive skin types CONs: - Strong fragrance... Like green tea perfume - Not a strong anti-aging product: Contains no powerhouse ingredients e.g. niacinamide - Prices can vary A LOT from official sellers - No Chok Chok glow like with fermented or propolis products - Not a serum, more of a first treatment essence. (this can either be a pro or a con) I actually would purchase again if I ever need a super skin-soothing ''serum'' but at the moment I have other k-skincare items that I love for my skin!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

This product is everything I would hope for in a co-worker. It: (1) Says what it said it would do - this is a very good hydrating product which is lightwieght and leaves a fresh glow (not greasy) on the face. Let me caveat this by saying that I live in a hot and humid country so the level of hydration provided is just right. If you live in a place that is dry and cold, you could apply a cream over this to enhance its effect. (2) Is very 'sociable' - you can layer sunscreen and foundation over this and not face any issues with application. Basically, it gets along pretty well with other products. (3) Is reliable and something you can depend on - when I have tried niche skincare which usually burns a hole in my pocket and want to return to something that is basic but does a wonderful job in hydrating, I return to this. I have gone through 5 bottles of this. I even have sample size packets of this lying in my bedroom so that I always have something to rely on when my bottle runs out. (4) Does not get you into trouble - this is a very gentle serum and I have not experienced any skin problems (like breakouts). In fact, it helps with resolving skin problems like dry patches or just parched skin. (5) Gives out good vibes only - this product contains beneficial ingredients like green tea (which is an antioxidant). There are no parabens and no mineral oil.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

2.0

a year ago

I don't know what it is about this that makes me break out in pimples :( My skin isn't typically very sensitive, so I was surprised to see pimples popping up all over my face after using this for a couple of days. I took a break and tried using it again a few months later, only to have pimples appear after a day or two. But apart from the pimples, it did make my skin feel hydrated and glowy. It's just too bad that this breaks me out :(

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

from

a year ago

This definitely moisturizes my skin; without making me shinny, which I hate. I do get that dewy korean glow from it. I purchased this because I though it had some antioxidants being a green tea based products, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I recently switched to a korean multiproduct routine with great success; and my skin is the best it's ever been. I think the emphasis on hydration and moisture through products that are oil free has been the key to my success. I did repurchase this and it's so lightweight that it's easy to layer it and incorporate it in any multi step routine, so I will continue to do that.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I've got acne prone, dryish skin and this serum works for me. It feels gentle and hydrates without making my skin feel oily. It absorbs very quickly too, good news when I'm rushing in the mornings.

About reviewer (199 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

It's a nice hydrating serum. the texture is liquid but it can feel a bit sticky at first when you apply it. Then, it dries down and leaves your skin hydrated. It's a fuss free product. It hydrates, nothing else. The good side is that you can mix it with other products without any problems. If you have complex skincare issues it's probably not the best but it won't irritate you.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinOther, Dark

1.0

2 years ago

To be fair, I've never purchased a full size of this, my experience with this serum is through multiple samples (the little bottles that Innisfree always gives out when you spend above a certain amount) but I've gone through a few of those. I kept going back to try it again and again even though I didn't like it because this serum is supposed to be one their best sellers, and I do love Innisfree products so I'm always suckered back in. I find my skin is worse off when I use this serum than when I don't. It doesn't help with moisture or brightening/evening out my skin tone. Did not help with flakiness (in fact, I think it made it worse) or soothing my skin in any way. I suppose my main question is why on earth is ALCOHOL one of the top ingredients in a product that's meant to be moisturising?? It's completely oxymoronic, and it's probably why my skin went away feeling tighter than it did before I even applied this product. It makes so sense whatsoever.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

Skin type: oily, acne-prone At first it felt really good on my skin. I made it a part of my night routine only. When i wake up in the morning, my skin feels supple and moisturized. But after maybe 2 months of using this product every night, it started to sting and caused redness at some parts of my face. It did not make my acne any better at all. When i changed up my routine and applied it in the morning as well, it made my skin even more oily the entire day while i was at school. Within two hours since i applied it, my face became very oily. It is irritating at some point because i was looking for a serum that moisturizes my skin enough for it not to be oily, but it did the opposite. I gave it 2 stars because it is very affordable. One bottle lasts for 4-6 months. And the packaging is good for travelling also. Please help me find a product to help me get rid of acne marks and products good for spot treatment.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I purchased this based off of all the hype around the product and was extremely pleased by its results! I used to use laneige bright renew serum but found it very irritating and caused a lot of redness. I was very hesitant to try out another serum, but saw this in Thailand and decided to give it a try. I’ve been using this for 3 months and I can truly see the difference it makes in my skin. My pores look smaller, there is less redness (I have very mild rosacea, but it’s still there!) and haven’t broken out in a very long time. I think the acne-less is probably due to hormones, but the poreless effect is definitely from this serum. I only apply this after toner and before a heavy moisturizer at night, because I don’t like the feeling of too many layers on my skin when I go out. This serum has done wonders, even my parents and boyfriend agree!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium