InnisFree New Green Tea Seed Serum

InnisFree New Green Tea Seed Serum

3.5

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Alcohol, Propanediol, Diethyoxyethyl Succinate, Dipropylene, Glycol, Glycerin, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Orchid Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, DL-Panthenol, Betaine, Trehalose, Niacinamide, PEG/PGG-17/6 Copolymer, BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, C12-16 Alcohols, Potassium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Palmitic Acid, Hydogenated Lecithin, Octyldodeceth-16, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

on 4/23/2017 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

PROS: does what it promises to do, is light & hydrating
CONS: quite expensive for the benefits it brings, the little cap is a bit loose

I first bought it because I heard that this is a life saver for people with extremely dry skin, and I was going through a phase where I had terribly dry patches all over (which is a first for someone who only has oily-combo skin like me). The first night I used it, I saw a big difference: it really calmed down the dryness and within a couple more days, my skin was completely smooth and hydrated. As I started to add it to my daily routine, my skin seemed to get used to it and it wasn't enough to combat the dryness anymore. What I do now is I layer a couple of products like toner, lotion, serums to keep my skin feeling light yet hydrated at the same time, and use a heavy duty moisturizing cream only where I have extremely dry patches. I don't see why I should spend so much money on a serum that does the same thing that other more affordable lotions can do for me. Other people's skin my react differently to the product, but my skin got accustomed to it so it doesn't do anything for me anymore. I'll finish my second bottle and won't repurchase.

Did some research and many mentioned about its moisturising properties. I was going through a spell of dry flaky skin, and thought this would help. But it didn't. Not one bit. It's light, and definitely more suited to oily skin types.

on 2/10/2017 9:32:00 AM

I tried the sample and immediately bought a bottle to use. The serum, though runny, works great on my combination skin. When I first used it, I noticed immediately how dewy and soft my skin looked. It was unlike other products I've tried before. It felt radiant without being oily. I didn't wait for the bottle to finish to buy a second one soon, as there was a sale. Apart from their It's Real Squeeze Mask sheets, which I'm also using very frequently nowadays, I don't know which other product in the Green Tea range I should use to complement the serum. The range is rather confusing.

on 11/11/2016 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I buy only samples of this, because i use it to make my cushions more moisturizing. I have normal skin, but i found some of my cushion foundations really dry, especially in winter. So, i add 1-2 samples on the surface of the cushion with the help of a toothpick, and everything is fine. I won't buy it in full size, i find my hada labo lotions make my skin more smooth and hydrated after application (but they did not play well with cushions, they are too watery)

Guess I just don't like Korean products.

Tried so many fancy series from different Korean brands, promise much but deliver little. This is the star series from innisfree, bought serum, cream and green tea cleansing foam. About 1/3 left. Honestly, hate everything.

Might have little immediate effect but next morning after a face wash, I think this series does a bad job moisturizing. It's sticky, leave my skin feeling uncomfortable. And filled with artificial fragrances like most korean products.

Notice that salesgirls always try to persuad you to buy the entire series, major waste of money. Ask for samples first.

on 7/28/2016 6:47:00 PM

I found this product quite runny to be called a serum. I'd describe it as something between toner and lotion. The green tea smell is very pretty, and the product absorbs every easily. I don't find it having any moisturizing or brightening effects, so I don't see a point of layering this underneath my lotion as Innisfree recommends. I can do without this product completely.

on 7/21/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought it last year due to it having really good reviews in the Innisfree site. I've used it for a couple of months but I barely saw any effect on my skin. Might have well opted to not put anything as this just felt like a waste of money.

The only good thing about it is that it didn't break me out

on 6/12/2016 3:37:00 AM

A must have in your beauty routine.

a bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user, blemish / acne prone skin. living in sub tropical weather (mostly humid), prefers wearing full faced makeup. temperature ranging 91.4°F on an average day.

Pros:
+ comes with a pump
+ plastic packaging but is extremely sturdy, lightweight (easy for travel)
+ great for hydration
+ fast absorption
+ light, clean, fresh scent, not overpowering
+ aids in base of makeup

Cons:
- literally none in this formulation of the product
- price

retails for about $36 in my country. this is my first shot in trying out a serum so i am very surprised that this works very well for me. i am quite pleased overall.

i usually hate green tea formulation products but this product drawn me so much, i have already bought my second bottle. the green tea scent smells nice, light, crisp but it is not overpowering. the scent will slowly fade as you apply it into your skin.

apply as according to what they recommend. i use a toner which requires to use a cotton pad to clean my face, so i apply toner > serum > moisturizer.

this absorbs quickly into your skin, so it is good if you'd like to apply makeup straightafter. i like it comes with a pump to avoid degradation of the product and also a lot more sanitary. applying makeup also seems a lot more smoother and not as cakey.

i'm also happy that it is not made of heavy glass but sturdy. it makes it easier if i were to travel.

overall, i think a lot more dry skin users will benefit from this product. my skin does feel hydrated, and provides a better base for my makeup.

i have purchased my second bottle and i hope they will never discontinue it. i will repurchase again and again. my only complaint is that i wished it would be slightly cheaper, or else i'll have to wait for discounts to purchase at slightly cheaper price.

hope it helps!

on 6/8/2016 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It's a good product, doesn't break me out and feels nice one the skin.
Howeer it doesn't do much...I haven't noticed a big difference...

on 6/7/2016 11:13:00 AM

Love the green tea scent but really cause breakup to my skin. The bottle is nicely design. Unfortunately, not suited.😔