Le Petit Marseillais

Le Petit Marseillais
Le Petit MarseillaisLe Petit Marseillais

4.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So far I've tried this in the peach nectarine scent and lavender honey. Both were lovely, and I especially like the peach one for the summer. So refreshing! Quality body washes that come in really big bottles, smell amazing and rise away clean with no irritation on my sensitive skin. Will repurchase soon, excited to try the vanilla milk!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The lait de vanille (vanilla milk) scent body wash is my most favorite body wash in the whole entire world. It looks like not too many other people have reviewed it. Please, leave it all for me! :)
It smells so divine, like real vanilla as I have never quite smelled it before, and it's so gentle on my sensitive skin. It's not too "lotiony", but I find it makes my skin feel so soothed after my shower. I didn't even know that my skin had any problems until after I used this, and I noted with amazement how much better I felt all over. Wow. So much soap comes in the bottle, too. I just really love this. It is the only product I have used by this brand so far, but I'm hoping they're all as lovely as this is.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always meant to try this brand when I lived in France years ago but never got around to it. So when it popped up on this side of the pond, I had to give it a whirl. So far, I've tried the white peach and nectarine scent, using up my big bottle over the summer. It was a great shower gel for the warmer months--fresh and a little tart, like peach gummi rings. It wasn't particularly moisturizing (which isn't a huge problem for me in summer), but it wasn't drying either. I like to use Nivea shower cream in the winter, but I may try one of Le Petit Marseillais' richer formulas. And come summer, I'll likely be picking up another bottle of the white peach and nectarine. Here's hoping more French supermarket brands make it to the U.S. in the near future. I'm rooting for Mixa to be next!

Grabbed this on a whim at the grocery store that I work at, since it is a lot cheaper then my beloved Shikai honeysuckle shower gel. I have this in the White Peach and Nectarine scent. It is so wonderful smelling! It smells like something from my childhood, and I am racking my brains to figure out what it is. Perhaps a Cherry Merry Muffin doll, or a Strawberry Shortcake doll? I'm not sure, but I love the smell. If anyone knows what late 1980's/early 1990s childhood toy this smells like, please let me know! It's driving me crazy....

Love this. I never used to use body wash as it usually left my skin feeling tight after getting out of the shower but I picked up a couple of bottles during my travels because carrying around a bar of soap is inconvenient and messy. I've tried the almond, raspberry and milk and I've whiffed as many bottles as possible in the store. The scents are all so good, they are so juicy and rich and aren't too overpowering or purfumey and do a seriously good job of cleaning you up!

Going to be ordering more off amazon even though the price is ridiculous compared to what you pay in France. If you're there be sure not to pass up on these guys they are a steal!

on 8/2/2015 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really enjoy exploring this line of body washes and quite a few have become staples.

My absolute favourite is Lait d'Amande which has the most delish almond scent.
Have also repurchased Miel de Lavande quite a few times although I'm not a lavender fan in general.
Now I'm using Mandarine & Citron Vert for summer and it's gorgeously refreshing.
Others I have tried are Lait de Vanille (not too sweet milky vanilla), Pêche Blanche & Nectarine (very juicy) and Fleur d'Oranger (soft floral) - liked them all. The next I'd buy is Châtaigne Pistache which must be great for fall.

Some have creamier texture than others, they all that lather easily, are gentle to the skin and leave no residue.
The packaging is quite basic but the price is great (4 euros for 400ml or 5.5 euros for 650ml, they come 1+1 free more often than not) so no complaints.

Big love and thumbs up from me as well!

on 11/8/2014 1:54:00 PM

I picked up the Milk / Lait variety while on holiday in France this past summer - I remembered my local pharmacy stocking Le Petit Marseillais when I was a kid so I mainly bought it for sentimental reasons. I am now ordering 4 new bottles via Amazon, that's how pleased I am! This shower gel is SUPER moisturising without feeling sticky or slimy, I just can not get over how soft it makes my skin feel! It lathers up beautifully, is ph-neutral and smells wonderful - milky and creamy with a hint of old school soapy-ness.
While a bottle costs less than 3 Euros in France, German Amazon charges nearly double - bummer, but still ok compared to other higher end products that don't perform as well.
I'm keen on trying some of the other scents as well,Lavender, Almond and Olive being my top three. I highly recommend giving Le Petit Marseillais a try!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love these shower gels and I always stock up when I come across them. My favorite is the Lemon/Verbena one, I recommend that one for hot summer days because it smells really fresh and it's a musthave for citrus lovers. I also like the Honey/Lavender scent that smells cosy and is nice for colder seasons.These showergels are not to expensive and the quality is great.

on 8/17/2010 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Le petit Marseillais - Douche Crème Extra Doux Lait de Vanille is is my favourite shower cream and it´s produced by the french label "Le petit Marseillais" and I don´t know how many times I repurchased this already. You can get it for around 3.50 Swiss Francs here, so it´s really cheap and it smells divine. It´s not just boring vanilla, it also has a slight milky scent in it and the formula is very hydrating. The scent lingers for a long time and I highly recommend this to all vanilla-lovers.

Check this brand out, as they have a bunch of cute and yummy stuff for affordable prices and their homepage is also very sweet.