no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I have very sensitive skin prone to some rosacea flushing so most acids make me flush. The Exfol Serum makes me flush but the Exfol cream is very gentle and causes no pinkness at all. This cream is also great for clearing up the milia I get from time to time.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This stuff rocks!! My skin can't tolerate much in the way of acids. Despite being olive skinned and not reacting to much, I really can't use ascorbic acid, retin a, glycolic acid, and my skin can only occasionally tolerate lactic acid. In the past I had used another product by Sin Biology called Lacsal, a combination of 1.5% bha and 8.5% lactic acid. This made my skin red, irritated and just made my pigmented spots look worse, plus it broke me out in massive pimples. With the Exfol my skin looks calm, even toned, a little flaky as the dead skin comes off, but basically very healthy and happy. Plus it really clears out the pores. At 48 my skin is no longer very oily but I do have large pores which get blocked by some ingredients. In the past I had successfully used Olay Age Defying cream with 1.5% bha, but in the last couple of years the texture had become much thicker. I think they might have increased the percentage of silicones in the base formula, and it started breaking me out. Exfol is the perfect alternative. It's only a pity that I had to get it shipped from overseas. The shipping cost is such that I need to place a fairly large order with Skin Biology to justify it. Nonetheless this is still worthg getting for my skin. Nothing smoothes it and evens the tone like it.

About reviewer (816 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

9 years ago

This is a great product. It's super lightweight and dries to kind of a cream-gel finish. I am notoriously sensitive face creams and serums, pretty much everything breaks me out, but this has not at all. It has 2% salicylic which helps with blackheads particularly. It's the right amount of moisture for combo skin. Personally though, I prefer Skin Biology's lac sal cream more just because it has the added lactic acid which I find better at sloughing off the top layers of dead cells, and it also includes salicylic which fights within the pores. It's a great 2 pronged approach but if you can't tolerate all the acid, the Exfol is the same great cream base and an effective product as well.

About reviewer (862 reviews)

Age30-35