Hermès Voyage d'Hermes

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Hermès Voyage d'Hermes
Voyage d'Hermes

3.5

Close your eyes...this fragrance does seem to take you on a journey.

Sparkling and fresh at the beginning, dusty and heavy near the end - feelings any traveller can relate to.

This perfume is light and easy with a hint of darkness that scuttles away once you start looking for it too closely. It reminds me of the sea, and spices from far away lands, and there's a carefree element here that's extremely attractive.

It's a unisex fragrance, and whilst I'm sure there are women who can wear this beautifully, it simply felt a little too masculine on my own skin. Very sexy on a man, and hopefully as I get older my skin might change and I may be able to pull this off.

A bit of escapism in a bottle, entrancing, takes me back to my childhood. The price is a shame.

This fragrance starts with a rather harsh citrus accord which immediately softens into an aromatic citrus accord. Fruity and floral notes soften the composition which now vaguely reminds me of Timbuktus main accord. I am also reminded of Terre dHermes and N2 by Miller and Bertaux, because I smell fresh pepper, ginger, incense and mineral notes. As the fragrance progresses it loses its citrus sparkliness and its peppery spiciness and turns into a floral, watery green, woodsy fragrance. Warn spices like cardamom add depth and sweetness to the whole. Rather sheer it is well-balanced and pleasing. The scent does not smell of anything in particular, its is deliberately vague. Lasts for six hours on my skin.