Hermès Voyage d'Hermes

Hermès Voyage d'Hermes
Voyage d'Hermes

3.3

on 9/12/2012 8:52:00 PM

I sampled this at sephora with other Hermes product. I sprayed this on my forearm. The scent literally disappears. No staying power what so ever. It seemed to be nice fresh summer scent, I think. The scent was gone.

This fragrance starts with a rather harsh citrus accord which immediately softens into an aromatic citrus accord. Fruity and floral notes soften the composition which now vaguely reminds me of Timbuktus main accord. I am also reminded of Terre dHermes and N2 by Miller and Bertaux, because I smell fresh pepper, ginger, incense and mineral notes. As the fragrance progresses it loses its citrus sparkliness and its peppery spiciness and turns into a floral, watery green, woodsy fragrance. Warn spices like cardamom add depth and sweetness to the whole. Rather sheer it is well-balanced and pleasing. The scent does not smell of anything in particular, its is deliberately vague. Lasts for six hours on my skin.

on 9/10/2010 9:11:00 PM

UPDATE: Well, I didn't get this for Christmas. But I got it for my anniversary. I'm a great Hermes fan, and I loved this instantly because though a fresh summer scent, it's not the usual citrus/soapy/marine/ etc., etc., etc scent that permeates the market every summer.

Having said that, I knocked a lippie off because it vanishes so dismally fast. That frustrates me no end because it's such a lovely scent, and the bottle is to die for. But honestly, if it lasts an hour on me, it's a lot. Since it was a present, and since hubby and I are celebrating 20 years of happy marriage, I intend to splurge and and spray this on as often as necessary. I'll decant some in a purse spray when I leave home. But BOO to my beloved Hermes for making such expensive but ephemeral scents.

This is SO pleasant. It's one of those summer frags that has character. Unfortunately, I only have a sample, but I did enjoy that. This might make it to my Christmas wish-list.

Popular Fragrances