Hermès Voyage d'Hermes

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Hermès Voyage d'Hermes
Voyage d'Hermes

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'd never even heard of D'Hermes, but I got a sample of this in the mail, and WOW, I fell INSTANTLY in love with it. I sprayed it on my wrist and couldn't stop smelling it. Christian Dior's Dolce Vita was my signature scent for 19 years, but now D'Hermes Voyage is. I rang around all day for 3 days looking for a bottle, but nobody had it. Then lastly I called David Jones, who said they have 2 bottles left, $180 each, so I bought the last 2 bottles, as it's so hard to find. This is the only perfume where I've received so many compliments. Even strangers have stopped me to ask what perfume I'm wearing. When I'm wearing it I want to eat myself, HAHA. This has everything I love in a scent, it's fresh, unique, exotic, sexy, elegant, sophisticated and addictive!

on 12/2/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Voyage d'Hermes is a close-to-the-skin earthy musk, lasts well,
with maybe a tiny hint of wet concrete. Very subtle. A shared fragrance.

I've only owned VdH for a few days but I've been testing and wearing it often since I opening the box.

First sniff if straight gin and tonic! Fun that the smell of gin and tonic can be captured so well...luckily this smell lasts less than 5 minutes (I don't want to go around smelling like a spilled a drink on myself)....after that last, you're left with 100% JCE accord - but it's my favorite of his signature accords thus far! Less sweet than Caleche Delicate, more sweet than Terre D'Hermes -just perfectly right in the middle.

I will wear and keep this as my absolute lightest scent in my wardrobe - it is fleeting, but great for when you want to wear this during the day and switch off to something heavier in the evening. Really like it, but not sure I'll repurchase, I'll go for L'eau d'Hiver next.

Also - I love how (Jean Claude Ellena) JCE at Hermes make all of the Hermes scents smell cohesive and signatures of the brand. I don't know how he does it but no matter whether you wear Voyage or Kelly Caleche or Terre, you always seem to smell like you walked right out of an Hermes boutique - brilliant!