Hermes Voyage d'Hermes

3.8

on 1/26/2012 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like the other reviewers, I really have a soft spot for Monsieur Ellena and particularly his fragrances for Hermes. Voyage is just as cool, fresh, elegant and superior as Sur la Nil and Aprčs Mousson but less floral, more masculine. And I find it layers very well with the other two. The ginger and spices instantly give me a lift in the same way that Jo Malone Lime,Basil & Mandarin does. Fresh, invigorating and spicy enough to be exotic but not cloying. It doesn't last on me either, sadly. Only about three hours before it's just a light hint of pepper and green. But if you treat it as a cologne to be applied regularly for an uplifting boost, it works superbly.

on 8/13/2011 10:12:00 AM

I like most things by Jean-Claude Ellena, but I don't care about Voyage. It feels too rounded to my nose, representing the quality of the house but not the creativity of the nose.

This fragrance starts with a rather harsh citrus accord which immediately softens into an aromatic citrus accord. Fruity and floral notes soften the composition which now vaguely reminds me of Timbuktu’s main accord. I am also reminded of Terre d’Hermes and N2 by Miller and Bertaux, because I smell fresh pepper, ginger, incense and mineral notes. As the fragrance progresses it loses its citrus sparkliness and its peppery spiciness and turns into a floral, watery green, woodsy fragrance. Warn spices like cardamom add depth and sweetness to the whole. Rather sheer it is well-balanced and pleasing. The scent does not smell of anything in particular, its is deliberately vague. Lasts for six hours on my skin.

on 9/10/2010 9:11:00 PM

UPDATE: Well, I didn't get this for Christmas. But I got it for my anniversary. I'm a great Hermes fan, and I loved this instantly because though a fresh summer scent, it's not the usual citrus/soapy/marine/ etc., etc., etc scent that permeates the market every summer.

Having said that, I knocked a lippie off because it vanishes so dismally fast. That frustrates me no end because it's such a lovely scent, and the bottle is to die for. But honestly, if it lasts an hour on me, it's a lot. Since it was a present, and since hubby and I are celebrating 20 years of happy marriage, I intend to splurge and and spray this on as often as necessary. I'll decant some in a purse spray when I leave home. But BOO to my beloved Hermes for making such expensive but ephemeral scents.

This is SO pleasant. It's one of those summer frags that has character. Unfortunately, I only have a sample, but I did enjoy that. This might make it to my Christmas wish-list.

Popular Fragrances