Hermes Voyage d'Hermes

Hermes Voyage d'Hermes
Voyage d'Hermes

3.7

on 11/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

People wear this for summer? Hmmm. I purchased this recently for a good fall and winter fragrance, largely due to the cardamon base note. I love that this starts with a lemon/citrus note, and then settles into a warm and soothing fragrance. I get medium sillage from this; the fragrance lasts but stays closer to the skin as the day progresses. So far I really like it - and the bottle is beautiful as well. It's a keeper.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The name voyage is perfect for this scent. It takes you to a calm, exotic place. A place where you can be free. This has to be the most fresh scent my nose has ever encountered. It is so interesting. It drives my senses crazy. I adore this scent. The embodiment of an hermes summer. This scent is the equivalent of the garden party tote or a blue jean birkin. You have to try it to understand.

on 9/12/2012 8:52:00 PM

I sampled this at sephora with other Hermes product. I sprayed this on my forearm. The scent literally disappears. No staying power what so ever. It seemed to be nice fresh summer scent, I think. The scent was gone.

on 8/13/2011 10:12:00 AM

I like most things by Jean-Claude Ellena, but I don't care about Voyage. It feels too rounded to my nose, representing the quality of the house but not the creativity of the nose.

†This fragrance starts with a rather harsh citrus accord which immediately softens into an aromatic citrus accord. Fruity and floral notes soften the composition which now vaguely reminds me of Timbuktuís main accord. I am also reminded of Terre díHermes and N2 by Miller and Bertaux, because I smell fresh pepper, ginger, incense and mineral notes. As the fragrance progresses it loses its citrus sparkliness and its peppery spiciness and turns into a floral, watery green, woodsy fragrance. Warn spices like cardamom add depth and sweetness to the whole. Rather sheer it is well-balanced and pleasing. The scent does not smell of anything in particular, its is deliberately vague. Lasts for six hours on my skin.

on 9/10/2010 9:11:00 PM

UPDATE: Well, I didn't get this for Christmas. But I got it for my anniversary. I'm a great Hermes fan, and I loved this instantly because though a fresh summer scent, it's not the usual citrus/soapy/marine/ etc., etc., etc scent that permeates the market every summer.

Having said that, I knocked a lippie off because it vanishes so dismally fast. That frustrates me no end because it's such a lovely scent, and the bottle is to die for. But honestly, if it lasts an hour on me, it's a lot. Since it was a present, and since hubby and I are celebrating 20 years of happy marriage, I intend to splurge and and spray this on as often as necessary. I'll decant some in a purse spray when I leave home. But BOO to my beloved Hermes for making such expensive but ephemeral scents.

This is SO pleasant. It's one of those summer frags that has character. Unfortunately, I only have a sample, but I did enjoy that. This might make it to my Christmas wish-list.

I've only owned VdH for a few days but I've been testing and wearing it often since I opening the box.

First sniff if straight gin and tonic! Fun that the smell of gin and tonic can be captured so well...luckily this smell lasts less than 5 minutes (I don't want to go around smelling like a spilled a drink on myself)....after that last, you're left with 100% JCE accord - but it's my favorite of his signature accords thus far! Less sweet than Caleche Delicate, more sweet than Terre D'Hermes -just perfectly right in the middle.

I will wear and keep this as my absolute lightest scent in my wardrobe - it is fleeting, but great for when you want to wear this during the day and switch off to something heavier in the evening. Really like it, but not sure I'll repurchase, I'll go for L'eau d'Hiver next.

Also - I love how (Jean Claude Ellena) JCE at Hermes make all of the Hermes scents smell cohesive and signatures of the brand. I don't know how he does it but no matter whether you wear Voyage or Kelly Caleche or Terre, you always seem to smell like you walked right out of an Hermes boutique - brilliant!

Popular Fragrances