Hermes Voyage d'Hermes

Hermes Voyage d'Hermes
Voyage d'Hermes

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'd never even heard of D'Hermes, but I got a sample of this in the mail, and WOW, I fell INSTANTLY in love with it. I sprayed it on my wrist and couldn't stop smelling it. Christian Dior's Dolce Vita was my signature scent for 19 years, but now D'Hermes Voyage is. I rang around all day for 3 days looking for a bottle, but nobody had it. Then lastly I called David Jones, who said they have 2 bottles left, $180 each, so I bought the last 2 bottles, as it's so hard to find. This is the only perfume where I've received so many compliments. Even strangers have stopped me to ask what perfume I'm wearing. When I'm wearing it I want to eat myself, HAHA. This has everything I love in a scent, it's fresh, unique, exotic, sexy, elegant, sophisticated and addictive!

EDT is crisp, lemony, dry, and translucent. The EDP has greater longevity and is not as lemony. It's a bit sweeter and spicier. The juniper is bright and aromatic. There is a note reminiscent of geranium rose. Then there is the amber, which is quietly and beautifully present from inception.
Both scents finish with a birch note. The EDT is warmer, richer, and smoother. Both wear very close to the skin.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The name voyage is perfect for this scent. It takes you to a calm, exotic place. A place where you can be free. This has to be the most fresh scent my nose has ever encountered. It is so interesting. It drives my senses crazy. I adore this scent. The embodiment of an hermes summer. This scent is the equivalent of the garden party tote or a blue jean birkin. You have to try it to understand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really love this scent. It smell fresh, clean, citrus, elegant and you really can't go wrong. I find that the scent is not overwhelming and blends well with my body heat. The spray tube is long enough so that you can get every last drop of this fragrance. My husband love it also!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Beautiful fresh, green, earthy scent. Perfect for the summer. It makes me feel like I'm on an exotic vacation! This is kind of similar to Jardin de Nil (which I LOVE, by the way), but without the floral notes. This one is more green. Although the top notes can be a bit off for some, the dry down is where the good stuff is at! This is just a feel good, luxurious fragrance...as most Hermes fragrances tend to be. Absolutely love it! The packaging may be the one and only thing that I am not a fan of, but it works!

on 11/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

People wear this for summer? Hmmm. I purchased this recently for a good fall and winter fragrance, largely due to the cardamon base note. I love that this starts with a lemon/citrus note, and then settles into a warm and soothing fragrance. I get medium sillage from this; the fragrance lasts but stays closer to the skin as the day progresses. So far I really like it - and the bottle is beautiful as well. It's a keeper.

on 1/26/2012 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like the other reviewers, I really have a soft spot for Monsieur Ellena and particularly his fragrances for Hermes. Voyage is just as cool, fresh, elegant and superior as Sur la Nil and Aprs Mousson but less floral, more masculine. And I find it layers very well with the other two. The ginger and spices instantly give me a lift in the same way that Jo Malone Lime,Basil & Mandarin does. Fresh, invigorating and spicy enough to be exotic but not cloying. It doesn't last on me either, sadly. Only about three hours before it's just a light hint of pepper and green. But if you treat it as a cologne to be applied regularly for an uplifting boost, it works superbly.

This fragrance starts with a rather harsh citrus accord which immediately softens into an aromatic citrus accord. Fruity and floral notes soften the composition which now vaguely reminds me of Timbuktus main accord. I am also reminded of Terre dHermes and N2 by Miller and Bertaux, because I smell fresh pepper, ginger, incense and mineral notes. As the fragrance progresses it loses its citrus sparkliness and its peppery spiciness and turns into a floral, watery green, woodsy fragrance. Warn spices like cardamom add depth and sweetness to the whole. Rather sheer it is well-balanced and pleasing. The scent does not smell of anything in particular, its is deliberately vague. Lasts for six hours on my skin.

on 9/10/2010 9:11:00 PM

UPDATE: Well, I didn't get this for Christmas. But I got it for my anniversary. I'm a great Hermes fan, and I loved this instantly because though a fresh summer scent, it's not the usual citrus/soapy/marine/ etc., etc., etc scent that permeates the market every summer.

Having said that, I knocked a lippie off because it vanishes so dismally fast. That frustrates me no end because it's such a lovely scent, and the bottle is to die for. But honestly, if it lasts an hour on me, it's a lot. Since it was a present, and since hubby and I are celebrating 20 years of happy marriage, I intend to splurge and and spray this on as often as necessary. I'll decant some in a purse spray when I leave home. But BOO to my beloved Hermes for making such expensive but ephemeral scents.

This is SO pleasant. It's one of those summer frags that has character. Unfortunately, I only have a sample, but I did enjoy that. This might make it to my Christmas wish-list.

I've only owned VdH for a few days but I've been testing and wearing it often since I opening the box.

First sniff if straight gin and tonic! Fun that the smell of gin and tonic can be captured so well...luckily this smell lasts less than 5 minutes (I don't want to go around smelling like a spilled a drink on myself)....after that last, you're left with 100% JCE accord - but it's my favorite of his signature accords thus far! Less sweet than Caleche Delicate, more sweet than Terre D'Hermes -just perfectly right in the middle.

I will wear and keep this as my absolute lightest scent in my wardrobe - it is fleeting, but great for when you want to wear this during the day and switch off to something heavier in the evening. Really like it, but not sure I'll repurchase, I'll go for L'eau d'Hiver next.

Also - I love how (Jean Claude Ellena) JCE at Hermes make all of the Hermes scents smell cohesive and signatures of the brand. I don't know how he does it but no matter whether you wear Voyage or Kelly Caleche or Terre, you always seem to smell like you walked right out of an Hermes boutique - brilliant!

Popular Fragrances