Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

3.1

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Bidifa Ferment Lysate, Isopentydiol, Petrolatum, Sucrose, Isoprypyl Jojobate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Trehalose, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Algae Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex), Caffeine, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Cholesterol, Sodium RNA, Linoleic Acid, Hodrogenated Lecithin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phytosphingosine, Butylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Squalane, Jojoba Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 40, Isohexadecane, Tromethamine, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Iron Oxides

on 5/5/2018 7:40:00 PM

I realized the effectiveness of this product after not using it for a while and then starting back up. I had gotten lazy with the extra step of applying an eye cream and noticed a lot more creasing under my eyes when I applied concealers. Nights that I would use this and wake up my undereye area was definitely more plump. There’s a tingle that lasts for a few minutes, but eventually it subsides. I have noticed less creasing in my concealer so I have to assume that it is helping my fine lines and with hydration! I think that because my undereyes are more hydrated they also don’t appear as dark.

Once I am done with my jar (expensive yet lasts a while), I want to try out other eye creams so I have something to better compare it to. But at the same time, I don’t know if I should really switch to something else since I know this works and doesn’t irritate my skin. I guess I’ll decide when the time comes!

And just a side note - I can see how some people see the packaging as inconvenient (having to dig their fingers in). Honestly, I just store it upside down and use the product that gathers in the lid. Just a tip from me to you!

on 4/13/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't have wrinkles and just a few fine lines around my eyes. I look pretty good for my age...until I put on my concealer (Bobbi Brown Creamy) and powder which shows up the fine lines and makes me look tired.

In the last few weeks my eyes have been looking awful. As well as the concealer thing, a cold has made my eyes puffy, baggy, and my upper lids look slack. I looked as if I'd suddenly aged!
After trying various remedies (new/less/more/different eye treatments, etc) I found a forgotten sample size of this product. I've been using the Night Repair serum for a few years which often comes with a sample of this eye cream so I've used it before. While I was impressed with the results I didn't get round to buying it, thinking I didn't really need it if I was using the serum.

This time round, after applying it twice a day for a couple of days, I've already noticed a huge difference. The puffiness and bags are much reduced, and my upper lids are so much firmer. My dark circles seem to have lightened too and my concealer is looking better. I feel like me again!

I have been researching other eye products to purchase but I'm going to stay with this one now. It's an anti-ageing product so may not have the same results on younger skins, but if you have concerns with the eye area this is amazing. It's not cheap, but it's well priced compared to many premium products I've been looking at, and it does last a long time.

on 2/10/2018 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a large sample of this and was surprised when I opened the jar and it looked like an ointment rather than a cream. The texture is more like a gel-cream and has a bit of silicone-feeling slip to it. It glides of smoothly and instantly seems to absorb, soften, smooth, and plump the skin (much like a silicone-based primer, my favorite being Smashbox Original). Any extra on my fingertip goes on my lips, and it plumps them instantly too, making fine lines temporarily disappear. The jar lasted four months, and in that time, my dark circles faded enough where I wear very little concealer (it’s now more for brightening then covering up flaws), and everything around my eyes is softer and smoother. I only just started to notice a couple fine lines under each eye, and this eye cream has nearly eliminated them (I can still see them when I get my face super close to a mirror, but I am probably the only person who can find them). This didn’t clog pores or cause any bad reaction. I was searching for a non-retinol nighttime eye treatment (I alternate my nighttime regimens between a retinol routine and a AHA/BHA routine), and this works well with by AHA/BHA products (my current lineup is Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Peel Pads, NuFace Smoother Powerhouse Peptide Serum, The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%, and belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb). Because I need such a tiny amount the full-size jar will last me a long time making it a much better deal, though the jar is not very hygienic. Still, I will buy this because it does exactly what I need it to do.

on 1/7/2018 6:34:00 PM

I didn't like this one. Expensive, bad packaging and did nothing good for my eye area.

on 12/27/2017 5:22:00 PM

Hmm. Quite disappointed. The reason I purchased this was due to the long reputation of its predecessor, and its time to invest in a solid anti-wrinkle eye cream.

I’ve used it now for a month. I can say the only thing that it looks to have helped with is with fine lines. If this is your only battle, maybe it will work. However, I also need to combat dark circles and puffiness, and did not feel this did anything for me.

Here goes:

PROS
- my fine lines look more fine, and have decreased
- nice gel like texture and easy to apply

CONS
- no other effect that is visible
- though they provide you with a ball spatula, I do find that it will likely make it difficult to reach areas of the bottle to the bitter end. Come on, if I’m paying a pretty penny, I want to use every last bit!

I've used this about three times a week for years, along with the night repair. But heck I'm doing my best to go cruelty free. I am 53 and my best friend is 31. She is jealous of my skin. I'm also using Tretinoin, So my night repair is essential. I will find an oil to replace this. But this eye cream has to go. I don't believe that I can't replace it, The Ordinary has a lot of good products. I won't count the caffine eye serum, as that made me have lines. I won't buy again purely on the basis of the Cruelty aspect. If that dosent bother you then yes I'd say use this. But don't make it the only one you use. No7 has a really nice eye serum with a rollerblading. Keep it in the fridge it's wonderful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OUCH!!! I do not have sensitive skin but this stung my eye area. The stinging subsided and did not leave rash or redness, but I just don't want that irritation around my eyes. I absolutely LOVE the texture of the product - somewhere between a gel and an ointment. If anyone knows of a similar cream with this texture, please let me know! I use pretty high-powered actives (Vit.C, Retin-a, High% BHAs and AHAs) even under my eyes. So I was surprised that this product was irritating. Also, stupid jar packaging will cause breakdown of the antioxidants in this product.

on 2/23/2017 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I wish the jar was shaped so I didn't have to dip my fingers in and around the awkward shape. I wasn't too keen on this product at first, but as soon as winter started I tried it for a second time. I use it with advanced night repair at night, and with my morning serum before my moisturizer/makeup routine. I love the texture and the way my under eye area feels hydrated. My measure to test how well the product is working is whether or not my concealer would crease as it always has and ... *drumroll* there is no creasing! Any under eye darkness has diminished. I will keep using this!

on 2/7/2017 2:33:00 AM

A very average product for a high price. I am a fan of the advanced night repair serum which is why i got this eye cream. Its texture is amazing, somewhere between a gel-serum and a balm. It gets absorbed easily. I cant say i have seen any results in my eye area - Im 38 years old so i kind of need products to do what they promise. It comes with a plastic applicator thing which i lost at some point and had to use my little finger to get the product. Will no be repurchasing and would not recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was given a 5ml pot of this when I purchased some other stuff. I tried this product a couple of years ago and hated it, but for some illogical reason I thought I might like it now... It is still the worse eye cream/treatment (whatever they want to call it) that I have ever used. I have tried creams from pretty much all brands which sell in Europe and I must say this is the worst one. Even a cheapo eye gel from La Roche Posay which only promised to moisturise worked better than this.
Apart from Bifida ferment lysate, the other main ingredients are several silicones and petrolatum. What, wait? Yes, petrolatum. Now, I am not the one to judge a product based on its ingredients right away, but there's a line. Petrolatum is not only a completely outdated ingredient, it is also not what I want on my eye contour! Petrolatum in made of a chain of hydrocarbons which form a barrier on the skin to avoid transepidermal loss. Great on people with eczema, but not on my eyes, thanks. This is my main objection but I am also not a fan of so many silicones so why on the list. They don't do much apart from making the skin feel soft and coated.
The packaging is as outdated as the formulation, not to mention not hygienic at all.
But the worst was the effect it had. Upon application it did make my eye area look glowy and feel very soft. But it gave me weird bumps around my eyes. I cannot tolerate the petrolatum!