Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

3.1

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Bidifa Ferment Lysate, Isopentydiol, Petrolatum, Sucrose, Isoprypyl Jojobate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Trehalose, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Algae Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex), Caffeine, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Cholesterol, Sodium RNA, Linoleic Acid, Hodrogenated Lecithin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phytosphingosine, Butylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Squalane, Jojoba Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 40, Isohexadecane, Tromethamine, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Iron Oxides

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got a 5ml jar of this in the Superstars kit (which I wanted to get to try the essence!). I remember having tried this gel in the past and not having liked it. Back then, I thought it lacked moisture and gave me some tiny bumps that looked like they could develop into milia (but haven't). I knew this gel contains petrolatum so I thought I should stop using it (considering I am prone to milia, I shouldn't really be using such an occlusive ingredient). So I stopped using it then. This time around, I decided to try it again because I have recently tried some Estee Lauder skincare that has really impressed me. However, after a couple of uses I thought my skin looked a bit dull and so I stopped using it, especially because I am aware of the petrolatum issue and my tendency to develop milia around my eyes (which I have developed with an Olay eye cream). Also mineral oil derivatives make my lips and my eyes drier, so that was another reason to stop and that was probably why my eye area looked dull. I know, however, that many people on here get on very well with mineral oil derivatives, which have research behind them suggesting their ability to reduce transepidermal water loss much better than other ingredients. Even the main cause of aging is the collagen and elastin degradation by metalloproteinases brought on by oxidative stress (to which UV raditation is a great contributor), skin that has enough water and oil in it ages better and generally more slowly. For example, people with oily skin tend to age slower, possibly due to the protective effect provided by the sebum- skin that has a healthy barrier is more resistant to assaults.

I apologize for the if my review is not the most helpful, I don't really know if this product works or not and so I don't feel right giving it a bad rating (or a rating that is too good). All I can say is that people who are prone to milia should probably patch test. The cream itself feels nice when going on and gives an immediate freshness to the eyes, making the area look better instantly as you would expect from Estee Lauder.

on 10/23/2016 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

How I wish I could quit you because you're not exactly cheap plus your ingredients and company values aren't even in line with mine, and I'm trying to be a better human! But dang it, my vanity and the fact that I'm over 40 and need not look it make it nearly impossible because you perform so well! I've tried so many other eye creams/serums and prayer but nothing out-performs this stuff so I'm stuck! Without it, I have to battle fine lines, puffiness and dark circles making me look tired and old. With it, I'm brighter, smoother, firmer, youthful and better than okay-looking walking around concealer & makeup free so yea, it's got me...

To Read all 278 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love their normal serum , but this really did not work. Not nourishing enough and i had the feeling my wrinkles got worst . No no :/ , especially since not cheap

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Huge disappoinment. Many people rave about his one but did nothing to reduce my dark circles.

Was okay with lines around the eyes though.

on 9/4/2015 4:59:00 PM

I got this in a sample at Murale and it has been an amazing product! I've tried a bunch of under eye creams (darphin, clinique, pure 100%, shiseido, etc) and this is the only one so far that has shown actual results for me. It also has not given me any sort of reaction the way the pure 100% coffee eye cream did (I had a rash for 3 days). I use it both at night and even in the morning sometimes. It is really thick and cooling. I will definitely be buying this once my sample runs out! I'd recommend this if you have sensitive skin or are a contact lens wearer like me!

on 6/21/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has become one of my favorite eye creams! The texture is just lovely, it's a cream gel texture that just feels great to apply. I love how my skin feels after using it. I've seen a visible difference using it.

on 5/4/2015 1:45:00 PM

this was quite expensive but sounded great so I bought it..Unfortunately I don't think it's worth the price or the hype. had high hopes but for me it seemed much like any other night eye cream..didn't see or feel any real benefit after using for a few months...would not repurchase

on 5/4/2015 11:50:00 AM

I like this product because I can use it to hydrate the area around my eyes without causing milia, those annoying little cysts that I've had to have removed in the dermatologist's office. That said, I think the price is a bit inflated and I really hate the packaging. There's no way I'm going to use the dumb little spatula and dipping in a finger is a bit unsanitary and usually results in pulling up too much product. Also, "repair"? "Recovery"? I don't think so. How 'bout simply "hydrates" or "soothes"? I mean, come on, nothing outside of the surgeon's office is going to "repair" eye bags or wrinkles. One more thing and then I'll go quietly, I promise: why "Night"? I use this a.m. and p.m. It works quite nicely under makeup if you let it settle in for a few minutes. I'll probably repurchase simply because I haven't found anything better. Peace.

on 4/28/2015 5:35:00 PM

This serum glides on easy, I use under my eyes and above my top lip, it leaves skin feeling hydrated and smooth. This doesn't sting my sensitive skin or leave eyes puffy like some other eye creams which are too heavy. This serum is perfection for your under eye area, the only downfall is the price, but a little goes a long way so it is worth it. Best eye serum I have ever used.

Very bad. İt didnt help my wrinkles.My skin was very bad and old after using it. I will never buy this product