3.3

Reviews

3.0
from

9 years ago

This product is ok, but nothing to write home about, or in my case, even repurchase. I got it in peach, which is a very nice, natural peachy pink, and because this balm is actually quite pigmented, it's very visible on my lips; almost as if I was wearing a light, moisturizing, semi- matte lipstick, but for a fragment of the price that would cost. So this balm is a great, very convenient alternative to lipstick, when you want subtler but very noticeable color, which can be touched up at the drop of a hat without a mirror or anything. It feels nice and smooth when applied, and has a pleasant, velvety texture. It also has a light cocoa butter/vanilla scent, that reminds me of MAC lip products. For me, it's not very moisturizing though. I have come across balms that do tremendously more for my lips. So far, so good. However, there's a deal breaker for me, and that's the taste and aftertaste of this. I suspect it's the SPF that makes it so unpleasant, because come to think about it, I have similar problems with every lip product with an SPF I own. This balm is the last straw, no more lip SPF for me ever. It tastes somewhat bitter, but the worst part is, using this leaves a very bad, bitter, chemical taste behind which can't be avoided no matter how careful I am not to get any in my mouth. This ruins it for me. To be realistic, a product like this in meant to be used daily as a go-to, so to serve this purpose it should at least not be unpleasant. To sum things up, if your lips are in good shape (meaning they don't need heavy duty hydration) and you're sure you can deal with the taste of SPF, this could even replace your everyday my lips but better lipstick. It's not for me though.

About reviewer (331 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

9 years ago

Very disappointed with this product. Doesn't last long on the lips and leaves an awful bitter taste in the mouth.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2.0

9 years ago

My friend gave me this in Rose, the red was too intense for my liking :( Also there is a petroleum kind of smell in it which turned me off. I know this is a lipstick but does it have to smell like that? I love the faint mandarin smell in this but the petroleum smell is kinda overpowering it. Also the stick comes in the form of a round-shaped tip and it's very hard to apply with precision. I would love to try the one in Peach though but that's it, this product is not impressive by any standard...

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

10 years ago

This is a fairly new stick lipbalm by Korres, in a handful of shades and scents like the pot lip butters. Due to the SPF 15 and the stick nature of the product, it is a harder and less moisturising product, in lieu of the convenience of a portable stick. I got Peach, which is a light warm pink/peach/nude. Compared to my Pomegranate lip butter in the pot, this deposits less colour. Scent is a light vanilla. I would buy this again due to this product being convenient for me to purchase, as well as it being, I feel, more superior to MAC's tinted lipbalms which always felt waxy to me. I love the convenience of the stick, and it's nice to use when I've forgotten to carry around lipstick in my handbag.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age25-29