W7 Big Lash Mascara - Black

4.3

on 1/28/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Between the incredibly low price and the raving reviews on here, I was hoping to find a good everyday mascara. What I found was a decent mascara for the price, but if I compare it to other mascaras I use and enjoy, it's just not very good. It gives a little bit of volume, a tiny bit of length and absolutely no curl. But what disappoints me the most is definitely the staying power. It smudges - a lot. After a few hours I have smudges/transfer on the top of my lids, and under my eyes. For someone who usually goes hours between looking in the mirror when out and about, that just won't do. I'd love to say that I found something extremely inexpensive and extremely good, but that's no quite the case. I'm not sure whether or not I'll go through the tub before I throw it out, but I know I won't be repurchasing again either way.

this is seriously the best mascara I've ever tried! it doesn't clump and makes my lashes look very long and dark in a natural way. my only complaints are that the packaging is super ugly and that it isn't waterproof and may smudge a little if you wear it for, say, a whole day of work or school. it can't handle rain or swimming either. but oh well, it's fantastic considering the price!

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

nice for the price! Length and volume, and wore well on my very watery eyes which smudge everything.

Bought this on eBay after reading reviews, but it really didn't work for me. I have small eyes & within a few hours, it's all smudged under my eyes, which is not a very attractive look!

Never thought of using on my brows, but will try that instead of pitching it! Thanks for the suggestion.

For $5AU this is really good. I have only used this once but was quite impressed. The large brush is easy to use. It does a good job of thickening my lashes and making them look slightly longer, and I only have to use one coat. I use mascara on my eyebrows and the brush does a good job of coating every little hair and making my brows look full without looking heavy or artificial. The formula isn't too runny, it dries quickly and that makes getting ready in the morning a breeze. I put it on at 7.30am, took it off at 7.30pm and it hadn't smudged or flaked. It was also fairly easy to remove. It's winter in Australia so I don't know how it will go in hot weather, but at $5 a tube, I can afford to find out. For reference, my normal mascara is Max Factor 2000 calorie.

Two thumbs up.

Edit: I wore this for around three weeks. For $5 it's definitely good value, but not perfect. Originally I said it didn't flake or smudge. Not so. Unfortunately, if the weather is warm or I am doing anything even moderately active, it smudges quite badly. I've gone back to using Max Factor 2000 Calorie in the washable formula, and it never flakes or smudges, unless I get caught out in the rain. For the difference in price, I'm better off buying the Max Factor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I read all the reviews for this masacara, and thought I would try it out, it only cost me $5 NZ, so it was really cheap.
The mascara is so easy to put on with the huge brush, and I didn't smear it all over my face, like I sometimes manage to do, lol, although I don't always know how I do it.

It really does make your eyelashes feel bigger, and I even noticed they looked bigger, not that I'm trying to gloat, but I have long enough eyelashes, that when I get extensions, they don't need to cut them down to size (but I have a fat face imo, and hooded eyes, so pfft, lol).

If you're looking for a cheap mascara that compares to others of a higher price, then this one is definitely a must! Just give it a go, you never know!!

Really like this mascara it's cheap and makes your lashes look big and full. Only downside is runs out extremely quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Looking for my HG mascara - saw the reviews and tried it. Fabulous! Went on with no hassle, without any sign of a clump. I built it up over three coats and still no clumping. While not giving HUGELY voluminous results on me, it certainly gave a fuller, longer appearance. I will use this as an everyday mascara; bought for 2.15, I can certainly afford to use it every day! Easy to remove, too - a little gem!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am amazed! I've tested everything from designer such as Estee Lauder to this mascara, ahs I can honestly say this is the BEST mascara I've tried yet. A bargain at 1.95 compared to 23 for the Estee Lauder, and much much better in my opinion. This will be my mascara from now on. It has a huge brush that captures every lash, but doesn't overload with product. It's not too wet and fans out the lashes fur full volume. Love the packaging too. If you like volume you MUST try this!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am in love with this. So cheap yet so great. Makes my eyelashes look ever so long