TiGi Bedhead Superstar

TiGi Bedhead Superstar

3.6

Water (Deionized), PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polysorbate 20, Wheat Amino Acids, Panthenol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, D&C Red 33, Ext D&C Violet 2

on 6/12/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Makes your hair look dry, fried and dead. The packaging is terrible. Do not buy.

I have been using this for years, I recently ran out of my very first purchase, I had bought two bottles in the year 2001 and It takes so little for what I use it for it has lasted me all this time.
well, I thought I would buy two more bottles because I just really liked it and I have had it so long I know I would miss it terribly. Guess what though. It's not the same. i don't know if there is a fake version out there and I just bought two bottles of it or if TIGI bed head has changed the ingredients OR if they have more than one place they make and bottle this stuff or what but I have 2 different ingredient labels I found on the INTERNET, 1 Of them matches my old bottle and the other is a stranger to me and then I also have my new bottles with a different ingredient label.
also this new one comes in the same shaped bottle, same color , same color cap except the cap does not close all the way, is a lighter Grey / silver color, does not have pull to open and push to close printed into the top and well , it doesn't close all the way! wth? it literally came with a piece of masking tap on the cap of each bottle! It smells sort of the same but the new is much more perfumed than my old which I do not like, makes me mad, I have two bottles of this now. Also the new kind is not the same consistency, this new kind is watery and runs out the bottle in a more watery way. my old kind is thicker, slippery ER and my old kind feels much better and covers better, I only had to use a quarter of a Dime sz drop before, this new kind pours out faster and it takes at the very least 4X's that amount!

so what the heck is going on? also some other cosmetic differences, my old bottle has a reflective 3d is type print, You know what I mean? when I say you can see little spectrum rainbow in the print. This new bottle, it;s just silver and my old bottles are 16 year OLD, i have handled them nearly daily for all this time, all the print is fine, still present and very readable. this new is already coming off and I have only had it 1 day. The UPC on my old kind is 6 03029 05482 7 - the new kind has no UPC on it but I did find another UPC label for a kind on line and it is 1509 42559.

I am mad about this, I really wanted the product i have been used to, I don't know if bed head has ripped me off or if there is some counterfeiters out there and they ripped me off but I definitely feel ripped Freaking off!

To Read all 124 Reviews, Login or Join

Very nice product, smells veery nice, gives nice results and protects my hair from heat. Bottle is very practical and pretty too. For this kind of product it might be a bit cheaper, but I wouldn't mind re-purchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a waste. It does absolutely nothing for my hair. It doesn't provide volume, it doesn't control frizz, it doesn't provide any styling benefits. The formula is too watery for a squeeze nozzle. This needs to be in a spray bottle. The only good thing about this is the scent. This product is way way way way way way way overpriced for what it is.

on 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Purchased this and the TiGi Small Talk after getting my hair cut short. I really like this product. It is easy to use, in fact, I realized I was probably using way too much and cut back on the amount. I am able to use a very small amount for my hair and in combo with the Small Talk, I get fantastic volume and thickness for my fine hair. I blow dry my hair head down. Afterward, I just style it quickly with my fingers, use a final spray or pomade and I'm done. Looks great. Granted, I do believe a good cut is vital to any product making a difference.

I would recommend this product. I have colored and highlighted hair and this does seem to help protect it from the heat of the dryer or curler.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. My hair is fine and limp most of the time but when I cut it styling products seem to work much better, so I'm going to update on its effects once I get my hair cut. It doesn't seem to work any better than any other thickening/volumizing product I own, but like I said, I have funny hair.
I gave the packaging a 5 due to the easiness of getting it out, since it's not a spray and it's a bottle it's easy to get all of the product out so there is none wasted. I got the price at a discount from a local beauty supply store in the local mall where I live, so I wasn't complaining about the price.
On a more positive note, this product seems to make my hair shinier and bouncier. The smell is also so nice! I will edit this post when I get my hair cut and then test it out. I feel, however, that this product would be more effective with a root lifter, so I will try that and see how it works.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this as a freebie from my hair salon. Not exactly in need for any volume enhancing products, because my hair is big on its own. So I use this as a thermal protection when blow-drying, but hair definately gets bigger. If you are looking for volume, this works as it says also on heavier coarser hair. No residues, and the smell is pleasant.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is my go-to for volume. It works better than anything I've tried before. I apply it a little bit at a time, concentrating on the underside of my roots, and use my fingers to tease it in as I go through. It works best with damp, not wet or dry hair, and it's activated by heat so blow drying is necessary. It smells great. My hair has amazing volume that looks natural; the product doesn't leave a residue, and my hair is not frizzy or overvolumized. The volume lasts all through the next day, provided I don't wash my hair. Granted, it it is drying, but what effective volumizing product isn't? I do wish it came with a spray applicator instead of the pull-top bottle, though. The bottle makes it hard to control when applying it.

on 2/15/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I use this every day. Definitely makes a difference in the way my hair looks. Not particularly moisturizing, but not drying either. I put it on after towel-drying my hair, and then blow-dry. Definitely makes my hair thicker and a little more volumized. I love it! Smells really good and salon-y too.

I have actually repurchased this. It took me almost 2 years to use up my first bottle since I don't always blow dry and you don't need much and there's a ton of product in the bottle. I let my hair air dry until it's damp, almost dry, and then I apply about a quarter sized amount on my hair and apply serum only to the ends and blow dry upside down. It gives me really big hair but it feels like there's something in it and feels unnatural and is hard to style... but the volume lasts! Things I don't like this product is how volumizing products make your hair feel like it has gunk in it and that for some strange reason, sometimes this makes my hair look amazing and sometimes it doesn't do anything at all. I have no idea why it's so inconsistent.