Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

4.3

The color payoff on this lipstick is pretty awesome! When you apply it in comes off like a bright red but I feel like after really looking at it it almost seems pinkish red. The color in the tube is straight forward red so it is not something I expected. I think if someone was wanting to experiment with color but didn't want to spend a lot this is a perfect buy. If you love it...great. If you hate it... you only spent a dollar or two. I do find all wet n wild lipsticks incredibly drying. Unfortunately the dryer the formula the longer it lasts so if you can stand it it really will last a long time. And as always packaging on all of their lipsticks blows....but who cares :)

the lipstick really has a very good quality unlike other cheap drugstore brads, it has no fragrance which is a bonus.the staying power is amazing and the best thing is it has
a semi matte finish without drying the lips.the color is bright red with an orange undertone.
the only thing I did not like is the packaging you have to be careful as the plastic sheer cover
can get broken easily

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/19/2016 11:32:00 AM

This looks stunning in the bullet, like a hot tomato red. Sadly though it applies more like a hot strawberry color. Pigmentation is excellent, but this is not a true red on me. This lipstick looks gorgeous on everyone else (according to google images), but on me it has hot magenta undertones - a hallmark of cheaply made reds. I hate pink undertones in red lipstick so this is a no-go for me. I do think for the price these lipsticks are great (easy application, super rich color), but they do smudge easily. If you wear red lipstick frequently and need an extra to store at the office or in your car for touch-ups I might recommend this, otherwise...nope!

on 5/10/2016 4:00:00 AM

Very pretty red. On my NC35, its a pinkish red, it has a bit of a blue base to it, but its not too cool. It works quite well on my tanned skin tone.

The lipstick is great and affordable, it takes a while to completely dry down to a matte finish and sometimes it doesn't dry down at all, but there's a nice stain to the lipstick.

Its weird because upon application it feels dry and jagged, and it sort of just softens/smooths out after a few swipes.

it last about 5 hours on me.

For $2 and change, you can't go wrong. Excellent pigmentation. Unfortunately the packaging is kinda crappy, but its $2. Well worth it in my opinion.

I love this shade of red, it's just what I've been looking for. I bought a lifetime supply, which is what I always do when I REALLY love a product of any kind, because things get discontinued, and you won't catch me slippin'!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

First, a note on the Megalast formula. I've tried lipsticks from Tom Ford, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Estee Lauder - pretty much every higher end brand. We won't even discuss my budget lipstick habit. The Megalast lipsticks are QUEEN. They are hands down the most comfortable, creamy, pigmented mattes I've ever used. If these were housed in fancier packaging, people would easily pay 10x the current price (still not expensive as TF though... Now there's food for thought.)

Stoplight Red is a vibrant, blue-based, teeth-whitening red. It's touted as a dupe for MAC's Russian Red, but I'd say it's closer to Ruby Woo as Russian Red is a bit darker. It lasts for around 5 hours on me, fading slightly after eating. However, it doesn't leave that awful ring around your mouth - it just fades evenly.

It can be a little drying if you don't use lip balm underneath, but that's true for all mattes. I find that the Megalast lipsticks play nicely with thick, waxy balms as opposed to oilier ones. My favourites are Nuxe Reve de Miel and Lansinoh Lanolin. The lip balms also act as a primer, extending the wear time of the colour (for me, anyway).

Packaging is meh as it's easy to smash the lipstick with the lid if you're in a hurry. However, I ADORE the shape of the bullet. It fits my lip line perfectly and I can happily smear on the darkest colour, Vamp It Up, without a mirror and have it come out perfectly.

Seriously, get to wherever WetnWild is sold and go... well, WILD. I have 6 Megalast lipsticks and I may as well give away all my others as these are all I need.

This lipstick is a fantastic color when first applied. Its straight up in your face red, and it is a tad blue based so it even whitens the look of your teeth. The formula is more moisturizing than others in this line. Even so, it has very little slip and stays in place great.

That being said, this color begins to fade in about an hour. It fades very evenly to a more and more pink based red. This color wasn't horrible on me, but it was not at all the right red that first applies, so that definitely detracts. Also, it never really stops transferring, despite its even fade. It will always stain on a glass at any point. Peck someone on the lips and try to contain your laughter when their lips are now pink too.

I have a very mixed opinion of this as a result. Its a fantastic, beautiful red that feels great on the lips, but it fades to fuschia very quickly and is not at all transfer proof. I give it a three since it was only $4 Canadian and the initial effect is promising. Not the worst the drugstore has but certainly not the best.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- So much pigment it's frightening.
- True red.
- Comfortable and easy to manage formula (no feathering.)

Cons:
- Packaging. Lid never stays on!
- Does fade to pink.

I own two red lipsticks besides this one: Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in Strength and Lip Tar OCC in NSFW. I'm not usually a big fan of red, they tend to pull too blue or too orange on me and appear oddly dark. I've never met a "true" red until now. This is a super bright, primary red. It practically glows on my skin and makes my lips look slightly unreal. The mostly matte formula (they have a tiny bit of sheen to them) sort of erases the natural contour of my lips and all you see is the perfectly painted lip shape. If you're into overdrawing your lips this will definitely help you do that. And it's really opaque like, really, really opaque. Like it looks like Photoshop in the mirror it's so saturated. If my camera can capture it I may upload another photo here.

Okay so the color is amazing, but what I really like is that it's the least high maintenance red I have ever used. I don't count those transfer proof liquids, they are too rough on my lips. The lip tar color is so liquid that it feathers without lip liner, and since I can't feel it on I'm always terrified that it's gone traveling without me knowing. The Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing formula is thicker, moisturizing, and very comfortable but it's a little too goopy than I like for a color this bold. It's harder to control on application and I worry that it's going to stick to my hair and transfer. Stoplight, in my opinion, is the perfect mix between comfortable and wearable and it does not feather at all.

The major issue I have with it is the stupid lid. It comes off at the slightest provocation so I have to tape it on. Second, it doesn't fade as red. After enough comes off you start to see the blue in it, which makes the resulting color more and more pink. It does stain your lips and I feel like I can get pretty decent wear out of this, but it does need to be touched up after food or drink.

on 11/20/2015 8:04:00 PM

I really want to like this lipstick. Really I do.

I swear - this isn't a Ruby Woo dupe as most reviews claim. Probably close perhaps.

Stoplight Red is a gorgeous blue-based red at first swipe. Bright and elegant. Lovely color, lovely texture - very smooth on lips. I love the way it brightens my face and whitens my teeth.

I can forgive the generic Wet and Wild packaging issue. But the fact that this red turns pink on me after two hours? Oh no. Apparently, some ladies don't experience this color transition... maybe it's because of my skintone or some ingredient reacting with skin pH. I don't know. But I want a red lipstick that stays red even after fading. I didn't have issues like this with my Revlon Certainly Red & Mac Russian Red.

Maybe I really should try Ruby Woo, if only not for its dreadful retro matte finish, I wouldn't have settled for this one.