Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the best, easiest to wear drugstore red lipsticks in my opinion. It is very pigmented and glides on smoothly. It doesn't really last any longer than any other poured matte or semi-matte lipstick, so I think the name is slightly misleading, but it does wear well on me, especially with lip liner. I am very fair, and on me this is the perfect retro red kind of shade. I like that it is not too matte, as sometimes that can look a little costume-y on my very fair skin, but the sheen isn't glossy or over the top. There's no smell or taste, and the only thing I would change would be the bullet shape; instead of a wide, flat tip I would prefer a traditional pointed bullet, but that's just me being picky. This is still a Holy Grail product regardless.

Wet n Wild recently repackaged these.
Now it is a solid black color with Wet 'n Wild Megalast lip color written in white on the bottom half of the product.
There also is no smell and the wet 'n wild logo does not appear on the cap written in silver.

I will buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection.

Clearly I won't be rebuying. :(

Original Review:

Pssst.

Hey you.

You looking for red?

Well here it is!

TL/DR: I own a lot of red lipstick, if I could only have one, this is the one I would keep.

I remember being in high school, looking for RED lipstick. Not orange red, brick red, pink red, violet red, burgundy, etc. just a proper, drop-dead, old school starlet red.

I couldn't find one. It was the 90s. All I had were drugstores tester lipsticks at my disposal.

But now...bwahahahahah! Ahem. I'm very pleased to own this lovely lipstick.

It's red. It's thick, creamy, pigmented, opaque, and semi-matte. It stays where you put it and never settles in deeper lip creases. It does not get in EVERYTHING, but isn't transfer proof and will get on somethings. It is unscented and if unflavoured (yay). It has crappy packaging where the bullet can't retract fully (worst con, booo) - I can deal.

It costs $2.77 where I live in Canada.

One red lipstick to rule them all.

This is a classic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG of red lipsticks. I've tried every red under the sun and I keep coming back to this color. I'm pale with blue eyes and a cool undertone and this reads as a beautiful red with blue undertones. It's cheap and I can find it at Wal-Mart when it's not sold out(which happens a lot, so it must be popular). This color might not work as well on someone with warmer undertones though.

on 2/3/2017 3:40:00 AM

I kept asking what lipstick color those Emirates flight attendant use. Turns out red lipstick is compulsory for the crew and Sephora`s 'Always Red 01' was a unanimous fav. But there was no way I was gonna splurge, so then my quest for "Always red" dupes began!! Then, after extensive research on youtube and beauty bloggers,this was the best find and 1/3 the price!!

Ok, this is a blue based red. If you like Mac Russian Red, you gonna like this. Its similar. They both look the same on my NC37 tone. It applies effortlessly and goes on matte.This doesnt feather and crack that bad, more pigmented, lasts and leaves a nice stain after my noodle soup meal. So thats cool.

I also bought a matching WNW lip liner in 717 "Berry Red". The work perfectly. And they were both on sale for the Chinese New Year season... yay!! It looks so polished and I can see myself wearing this to the office and transitioning for after hours parties.

But, lets be honest, the packaging sucks and looks cheap! While you get to see the color , you can't twist it down until the top layer is used. As a result, opening and closing is a nightmare! You have to be careful or else it transfers on the lid! Yucks. But hey..for a drugstore price, its ok! You cant have everything!!!

Now, lets rock em' Emirates in-fight look!

on 10/29/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most people, I've been on the hunt for a red lipstick for a loooong time! MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red are nice colors, just not exactly what I wanted, and the formula just dried my lips out. I've tried high end, inexpensive, and in between....with no luck. Today I decided to take a chance on Stoplight Red for $1.99, figuring it would end up tossed in a drawer with the others. What a pleasant surprise!! It's perfect! A true red that stays that way and doesn't "pink out" on me like so many reds. A matte that is comfortable and doesn't slide all over my face, too. I'm definitely buying back ups!!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very pretty, bright red. On my warm yellow tone skin it looks like a red with orange undertones. What I'm very impressed with is the quality. It's matte but not dry and it lasts forever. I can eat with this and though it still rubs off on glass cups it will not smear on your lips. It didn't even get patchy. When I tried to take it off it still left my lips a little tinted. For the price it's a really good lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Decided to buy this because of the reviews by beauty vloggers that this is a dead on dupe for Ruby Woo; since I never rocked a red lip - sure, why not. Picked this up from my local walgreens for a bit more than the retail price ($2.99 IIRC vs $1.99 USD) and tried it on with a full face and understated eyes. Verdict: I honestly wanted to love it, really really did because classic siren red lips are what most women love right? I realized that it brought more of the yellow out of my skin despite being a red NC50 skintone. It appeared a bit orange on me which wasnt what I was looking for :( Still a novice afterall, and so I realized that blue tone reds tend to flatter and compliment me more which isn't a bad thing. As per usual with WnW megalast lipsticks - the longlasting wear and awesome price point always make them a winner with me, save for the packaging but par for the course. Anyway, if you're looking for a knock your socks off red at a great cost (which will hopefully match your undertone *cough*) reach for this baby.

on 8/22/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Oh darling! I was waiting for you to be replenished in the drugstore for sooo long.
WnW is quite an underdog here in Italy, at least in town. I was skeptical at first too, but after seeing raving reviews on this website I could not help but trying everything. This is my 4th Megalast, and I was waiting for this shade for at least 3 months, as they never replenish evenly the Wnw shelf (but they brought the autumn 2016 capsule, duh. Who saw it coming?). Anyway. I didn't even swatch as I knew from google pictures how gorgeous it was. And it delivered!
My collection of red lipsticks is quite infinite, and I never ever paid such a small price for something so beautiful and reliable (except for a 1 euro matte burgundy I ADORE I found in a massive sale in a perfumes shop). When I get ready in the morning or for going out, and want to feel safe and good looking, Wnw's are the first ones I reach for when I'm not in the mood for thinking or experimenting. But this one, girl...this one is so classic yet unique I adore it.
The finish is simply perfection, it's all I look for for my lips. Matte, but not drying; creamy, but not cakey or melting; opaque, but not flat. It has this little slight sating finish that gives it body, without looking too satin-ish (I'm looking at you, Shiseido...). It's reliable and truly mega-lasting, it fades a tad after massive greasy meals (I'm still in awe after Wnw's Cherry Picking survived perfectly to kebab+fries). It has that blue undertone that makes your teeth looking good (I'm on the yellowish side as I smoked cigarettes for 10+ years and still fond of red wine). Literally I can't find anything against it. Well except for the packaging which is always on the edge of beheading the lipstick and can crack while simply looking at it, but I try my best to be careful as I want to carry it with me for unforeseen retouchings (and always manage to not retouch,yeah!).
Strongly strongly suggested. Many spoke about a similarity with a MAC shade, which I never tried as I don't really care about the myth, so you can give it a try for such a low price.

The color payoff on this lipstick is pretty awesome! When you apply it in comes off like a bright red but I feel like after really looking at it it almost seems pinkish red. The color in the tube is straight forward red so it is not something I expected. I think if someone was wanting to experiment with color but didn't want to spend a lot this is a perfect buy. If you love it...great. If you hate it... you only spent a dollar or two. I do find all wet n wild lipsticks incredibly drying. Unfortunately the dryer the formula the longer it lasts so if you can stand it it really will last a long time. And as always packaging on all of their lipsticks blows....but who cares :)