MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Price: RM70 / US$18 / Rs 1080
Website: Maccosmetics.com
Weight: 6 g 0.21 US oz
Made in: Italy
Ingredients: Talc, Polymethycrylate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin [+ / - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI42090), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Red 6 (CI15850), Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 30 (CI73360), Red 30 Lake (CI73360), Ultramarines (CI77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI15985)]

Product Description:

Exclusive to the M∙A∙C Manish collection. A Powder Blush in an orange compact featuring the colourful patterning specially created by designer, Manish Arora, for this brilliant namesake collection. Limited edition.

Actual Product Pic:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

This color is described as Clearly Pink on the website, which is just what it is! This is a sheertone, so it goes on sheerly, but it's definitely buildable! It gives me a very natural flush minus all the shimmers, which is really lovely for a natural look!

Swatch from the Mac Website:

Actual Color:

Packaging:

This blush comes in the regular MAC flip-top pot, but with the lovely heart motive exclusive to the Manish Aurora collection!

I love the box too! This has got to be the most elaborate collection ever in my two year addiction of MAC! :D

Check out the lovely dotted swirls in the box! :D

Texture:
As with MAC blushes, the texture for this one is really smooth!! :D

Time Test:
This blush (being a sheertone), lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks before it starts to fade, which is ok.

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at RM70 / US$18, which is the same as the regular blushes. This shade is part of the permenant line, so no worries if you missed out on this collection! This special packaging is LE though! This blush is available at all MAC counters / Pro Stores / Maccosmetics.com

Usage:
I use this blush whenever i don't want to look to made up! It's really natural!! :)

My $0.02:
I never thought i could ever wear a pink blush! I always stuck to peachy blushes like my life depended on them, lol! I fell in love with this immediately when i first used it!! It looks really pretty on and oh so natural!! This, along with the Blooming blush from the Cult of Cherry collection has to be the best blushes of this year!! :D

In a Nutshell:

A lovely pink blush that looks really natural on!

Likes: Lovely packaging and color!
Gripes: None!
Repurchase: Yes!

Rating:
4.5 Stars ! Near HG Stuff!!

Credits: Product photo from Specktra.net. Swatch from Maccosmetics.com continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Pink is my favourite colour for pretty much everything! I think pink makeup can really brighten up the face whilst still making you look fairly understated. I get a little frustrated at some makeup artists who stereotype Asians to wearing dark berry shades, you can wear pink, but it's a case of continually searching until you find the right shade.

Pink Swoon is my favourite pink blush, and I've tried quite a few! It look's bright pink in the pan but as it's a sheertone blush it's actually quite subtle. I'm of Asian (Pakistani) origin (NC40), so have to apply quite a bit to show up but it's nice and subtle. Lighter-toned skins won't need to apply too much. I'll always use this :-)

Click on 'continued' to see my pink makeup (Pink Swoon Blush & Long Stem Rose Slimshine both by Mac).

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pink Swoon is a very nice versatile blush. It's pigmented enough, but not clown-like. The finish is satiny - not shimmery and not powdery. I get a lot of use out of this one. NW20 Brunette for reference.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

SO, I didn't think I could pull this color off because Kim Kardashian wears it and she is light, I am NC42, with yellow undertones. BUT, everyone raves about it, so I went to MAC to check it out. I put aside Pink Swoon, Coygirl and Dame. I ended up picking this color and I am so glad I did. It is not over powering or too pink, just right enough. I am a bronzey, peachy blush J.LO type of chick, but this looks so pretty and dolly like. Very glad I purchased it, and I def can see this color be used by a number of different shades.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm an olive/yellow-toned NC25 brunette and love this colour - very clean, youthful and sheer enough to not look clownish. It looks a bit bright in the pan but is very flattering on skin. I wear this to work, night out, whatever. .it always looks good whether with natural looks or over contour if I'm wearing more make-up that day. This is my most favourite matte pink blush - not chalky and blends perfectly into skin.

Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

First thing's first: Don't get intimidated by the brightness on the pan! This is a sheertone blush, so the color on the pan doesn't necessarily reflect the color on your cheeks!

On my NC20 skin, it shows up as a healthy, fresh, natural looking pink glow. Almost like the pink flush I get after a light jog! I use my MAC 188 brush to stipple this on the apples of my cheeks, pulling it slightly towards my temples for that natural, put-together look.

I was at CCO and saw Pink Swoon and Blushbaby. I didn't want to get both and since I had purchased BB before (but ran out of it), i decided to pick up PS since I heard many good reviews on it. Pink Swoon is a bright candy pink color in the pan. It is a sheertone blush so it goes on sheer but supposedly, buildable. This color did NOT show up on me at all. I am a MAC NC 20-25...and I would have to apply multiple layers with a heavy hand in order for it to show. This defeats the purpose of a natural look as I hate piling on makeup. In hindsight, I should have stuck with BB since I had it before but ran out. Wish i could return this, but it's too late. Major disappointment for me.

I was expecting Pink Swoon to be a bright ballerina pink, but it's much more of a "warm" color..like a rosy pink. It's too pigmented to look natural. I prefer Benefit Dandelion since that really brightens my cheeks.

I really loved the color in the pan at the MAC store, but when I applied it at home, the color turns a different hue on my skin. I have olive skin and this cool-toned blush turns a bit orange-y pink. I like the sheer application because the opacity is buildable; however, Pink Swoon tends to fade very quickly on my cheeks and within 5 hours, there's barely any blush left. I liked the idea of this blush, but I will not repurchase

This was my first ever blush from MAC. I've had this blush for a little over a year and it is by FAR my most favorite blush. When I can't find it I GO CRAZY lol. I love this blush more than my Orgasm Blush by Nars which I feel has too much glitter in it. For reference I am an NC 30 with golden undertones. This blush is the perfect color for my cheeks it is the same exact color when I blush . It gives me a girlish glow. It is a matte sheer blush, the first time I looked at it in the pan it looked crazy hot pink but on the cheeks it is lovely. This is my every day blush. I am a blush fanatic and this has come close to my HG Blush. The staying power is good and you need just a swipe on your cheeks. This blush will last you a long time. Definetely a good buy.

Popular Blush Products