MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Kinky

4.3

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I went to the MAC store at GCT and I was looking for a matte blush with no shimmer as I am an oily skinned NW45 complexion, and I usually wear Dollymix which I love and Im getting sick of looking oily and glittery lately. Its fine in the winter but not in the summer. My oil is uncontrollable literally, so they recommended pink swoon, it makes my cheeks glow and the artist went in to contour with MAC Blunt Blush, and the look was stunning with glowing cheeks. i love this and would have never thought that this color would look good on me just by seeing it in the pan....but woah was I wrong!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This blush is one of my favourites. It is such a pretty light bright pink and I love the way it looks on me when I am tanned. It isn't the most pigmented of Mac blushes but is certainly buildable. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

this a gorgeous, light dolly pink that is very buildable. i love using this when i have a heavy eyeshadow so the blush doesn't overpower the rest of my face =] this blush makes me feel so girly! LOVE IT !!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Edit yet again, as if it matters- I'm revisiting this blush. Its another hit or miss situation with me, i think its about how I apply it. Yes it oxidizes, but at least it oxidizes to a flattering color. Also, i'm finding that it looks better when I apply it with a kabuki brush, and pretty heavily only to my apples and a little behind blended back. It's still a great color to be honest. but as you can see, there are some basic issues that make it a love/hate. I'm keeping the rating for now.

Edit: Well, poo. It's oxodizing now. And it turns out that its a little too sheer- it looks ridiculous if you don't apply it exactly right. I took two lippies off because for the price, this simply should not happen. Oh well. 3 lippies is enough that you'll still at least try it for yourselves, no?

MAC SheerTone pink swoon is my perfect blush. True HG status. Here are the reasons why:

1 This blush doesn't oxidize and turn colors on my oily skin, which is a plus because NARS did- it was awful. I had brown racing stripes.

2 This blush is literally the color of my face if I'm blushing because I'm embarrassed or whatever. its a perfectly natural flush, and because its sheer, it looks that way on my face and in pictures.

3 Even though this blush is sheer, it can be built up and it does last all day. Even on my oily skin, it stays all day, no need for a touchup.

The way I apply this is I take my MAC 187, swirl it in my blush, and then dab it on the apples of my cheeks- I dont need to get the extra off because its so sheer that you cant really overdo it.

I love this thing. One thing I will say though, that wont lower the rating of this blush because it's really a MAC issue, the packeging fails. The glass thing at the top came right out so my blush is unprotected. if it was just a solid top with a mirror, thatd be awesome, but I GUESS NOT. *sigh* But that's MAC being stupid, its not the blush. The blush is worth all 5 lippes.

Popular Blush Products