MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was extremely skeptical at first when the makeup artist at mac suggested this blush to me. I have pinkish/reddish undertones and i was afraid that this blush would make the undertones stand out even more. & of course, the blush is HOT HOT PINK so that was also intimidating as well. He evened out my face with foundation, applied a highlite & paired it with this blush & OMG i couldn't believe it!! The blush is the most gorgeous blush i have ever tried out! It is sheer so that helps to go on more flawlessly. I am in loveeeeee with this blush! & I have been using it ever since that day. I would recommend this to anyone, fair-toned skin or tan. it will look gorgeous!! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a really pretty blush. I don't use it that often anymore though because I prefer using a bronzer instead on a daily basis. It looks more natural on me and doesn't bring out the redness in my face. I have ruddy fair skin. However, I keep this in the desk drawer at my day job to make me look more awake on those mornings when I otherwise look dead dog tired! It's very long lasting and high quality. I wouldn't repurchase only because I prefer more bronzy cheek products at the moment c:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So after reading about this here on MUA I was majorly lemming this like no other. I ran out to Rite Aid to scour the makeup aisles for any pretty, girly pink flushed cheek effect that people have talked about from Pink Swoon, and I came home with CoverGirl's Classic Pink cheekers blush since it reminded me of the pictures of Pink Swoon I saw online! When I swatched it, it was a really bright, candy pink sheen with just a hint of peach. I wasn't sure if I nailed a Pink Swoon dupe just yet so I went out and got it a day later. When I opened up the packaging, I noticed that it looked just like the bright, peppy pink from CoverGirl's Classic Pink :O! So I swatched them side by side and they look almost identical and they give the same *fresh, girly, bright* look. I even asked my sister if she could tell the difference between the two and she said not really, but she liked the Pink Swoon better since it's matte and not as warm as the CoverGirl one.

So the CoverGirl one in "Classic Pink" is good if:
-you're on a budget (it's ranges from 3-4 bucks)
-you like blushes with a sheen
-you want a warmer version of Pink Swoon

I prefer Pink Swoon in the end because
-it's completely matte
-it's got a smoother texture, almost like a cream! But it's powder of course.
-it's SLIGHTLY more cooler than the CoverGirl one, which i wanted since 99% of my blushes are either orange or peachy. I was looking for a cool-toned (but this isn't even super cool-toned though! I can see it working for ALL skintones, yellow to pink, fair to dark!), dolly, girly blush and I found it with Pink Swoon. I'm so happy with this blush, I smile every time I look in the mirror. Well Dressed is next on my list :D
EDIT 9/30/10: OK so when I found out that Sonia Kashuk actually had a dupe of Pink Swoon, I went out and bought it ("Flamingo"). AND IT'S A BETTER VERSION OF THE PINK SWOON! You want pretty pink, dolly, innocent girly looking cheeks?! Get the Sonia Kashuk one in Flamingo! It's everything Pink Swoon is but better because it's even cuter (because it's slightly cooler toned and less brighter) and cheaper! MAC is $20, SK is $9. You do the math :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Such a pretty color, I love it! it gives you a healthy, subtle glow in your face

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My favourite pink blush of the moment! It is a blue based bubblegum (I think) pink. I think that this works best with fair/cool skin tones because it is sheer and it would take a bit of layering for a really vibrant look. That being said I enjoy not having to be careful that I don't put too much on like I do with some blushes (ahem.....Nars). It has good staying power but it's better when set with a translucent powder. I love that it is a Sheertone as it looks matte on the skin which is more flattering when I'm having spot issues.... shimmer tends to highlight problem skin! Would def buy again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awww, I hate to bring the great ratings down, but...I'm sending mine back tomorrow. =( It was just too cool for me - every time I went to the bathroom during the day, I kept looking at myself in the mirror...and not liking what I was seeing. Sucks, cos I could not wait to get this! Dollymix is much better on me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall a great true pink blush without a hint of shimmer or glitter. I love matte blushes because it looks great on my skin (oily and slightly larger pores).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pink swoon is my second best after Peaches!
I like the color,it gives such a innocent but provocative kinda thing to my complexion,very girlie and it matches with pink poodle lipglass!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this blush! It's a true pink color without any peach undertones. It gives a very natural pink flush on my fair skin (MAC NC25). Would definitely re-purchase again if it ever runs out. But I've been having it for a year plus now and still hasn't hit the pan yet.