MAC Cosmetics Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.3

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM70 / US$18 / Rs 1080
Website: Maccosmetics.com
Weight: 6 g 0.21 US oz
Made in: Italy
Ingredients: Talc, Polymethycrylate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin [+ / - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI42090), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Red 6 (CI15850), Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 30 (CI73360), Red 30 Lake (CI73360), Ultramarines (CI77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI15985)]

Product Description:

Exclusive to the M∙A∙C Manish collection. A Powder Blush in an orange compact featuring the colourful patterning specially created by designer, Manish Arora, for this brilliant namesake collection. Limited edition.

Actual Product Pic:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

This color is described as Clearly Pink on the website, which is just what it is! This is a sheertone, so it goes on sheerly, but it's definitely buildable! It gives me a very natural flush minus all the shimmers, which is really lovely for a natural look!

Swatch from the Mac Website:

Actual Color:

Packaging:

This blush comes in the regular MAC flip-top pot, but with the lovely heart motive exclusive to the Manish Aurora collection!

I love the box too! This has got to be the most elaborate collection ever in my two year addiction of MAC! :D

Check out the lovely dotted swirls in the box! :D

Texture:
As with MAC blushes, the texture for this one is really smooth!! :D

Time Test:
This blush (being a sheertone), lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks before it starts to fade, which is ok.

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at RM70 / US$18, which is the same as the regular blushes. This shade is part of the permenant line, so no worries if you missed out on this collection! This special packaging is LE though! This blush is available at all MAC counters / Pro Stores / Maccosmetics.com

Usage:
I use this blush whenever i don't want to look to made up! It's really natural!! :)

My $0.02:
I never thought i could ever wear a pink blush! I always stuck to peachy blushes like my life depended on them, lol! I fell in love with this immediately when i first used it!! It looks really pretty on and oh so natural!! This, along with the Blooming blush from the Cult of Cherry collection has to be the best blushes of this year!! :D

In a Nutshell:

A lovely pink blush that looks really natural on!

Likes: Lovely packaging and color!
Gripes: None!
Repurchase: Yes!

Rating:
4.5 Stars ! Near HG Stuff!!

Credits: Product photo from Specktra.net. Swatch from Maccosmetics.com continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pink Swoon is a very nice versatile blush. It's pigmented enough, but not clown-like. The finish is satiny - not shimmery and not powdery. I get a lot of use out of this one. NW20 Brunette for reference.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely warm pink-light plum blush. Excellent for that subtle flush of cheek colour. Great all year round colour. Beautifully milled, not chalky, good pigment and blends out just as nice.I had recently finished this to the bare pan and discovered it is no longer available... I have replaced this blush with Whole Lotta Love. It's not the same but it'll do.

This is my all time favorite blush. It looks great with my light skin tone. It wears really well and does not make me look like a clown.

I've only had this blush for a few days, and its already at HG status :) This is the perfect pink blush, it perks your entire face up- and gives you this beautiful glow. It reminds me of a blush you would see on Porcelain dolls- My skintone ranges from NC15-NC20, and this suits me perfectly- I wish I had tried it sooner. It looks very scary bright in the pan, when I first saw it, I thought I wouldn't have liked it. I purchase all my MAC online, so I purchased this because of the glowing reviews :) I apply this with my Ecotools retractable kabuki, and this blends so well into my skin. Its a Sheertone, so it takes a few swipes to show up- but I love any blush that is buildable. I always reached for Cubic, and got bored of it- then I started using Warm Soul, but I don't always want shimmer.Pink Swoon in perfect! I also noticed that this blends much more evenly- this is my first sheertone, and I think I'll be sticking to this formula.

This is a great blush. The color, as many fellow reviewers have already pointed out, does appear kind of scary in the pan, almost like MAC Pink Glow (a matte finish, super-pigmented blush). I really really loved Pink Glow, but I've to extra careful when I'm applying it or I would come out looking like a clown. So when MAC came out with this sheertone blush, I was more than ready to try it. This has a little less blue tone in it, but it is still really fresh and bright. But the thing I love most about this blush is that I don't need to blend like crazy. With Pink Glow, I used to have to tap really really lightly to pick up just the tiniest bit of blush (or risk the clown look) and blend like crazy with the buffing brush to get a natural look. I don't have to do that anymore with this blush. It's so much easier to get that flushed look without having to costantly worry about overdoing it. And the color is quite buildable, so if you want to go a little more dramatic, just do another layer of it. Really lovely blush.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of my favorite blush from MAC!

If you like pink blushes, this is a must try. It is a beautiful blush and looks very natural and not overdone at all.

I find myself wearing this blush all year long and it isn't a seasonal blush for me because it looks so pretty and natural

Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first MAC blush I've ever bought and I am very impressed! I LOVE IT. It is a very good color for my skin tone (Medium) and it looks good with a natural eye!! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality blush from MAC

Eyes: Violet

The colour is a very pretty cool pink and the blush is from the sheertone range, so it would not show up heavily pigmented immediatly.
On my skin it looks pretty pink at first, but during the day it turns muddy and even reddish/brown-ish. Since someone else mentioned before that perhaps this might be better for oilier skin, I cannot agree because thatīs what I have and the colour turns a lot on me. That happened with another MAC-Blush before, too (Blooming from Cult Of Cherry) but for some reason not with a MAC Beauty Powder Blush, those stay on well and don't change colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is a lovely subtle pink colour and looks very natural especially for everyday wear. Also i like that its matte because sometimes you need a few matte blushes in your makeup stash. But I find that it's not very pigmented at all especially compared to Nars blushes. Also I find that it doesnt last long when applied, it has to be touched up throughout the day because it tends to dissapear. It's a shame because it is a lovely colour so if I find a dupe then I won't be buying this again.

Popular Blush Products